What's new

MBS test grow .......

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
The green leaves imply it needs longer , trichomes say its ready now , will let it run a few more days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The wife assures me the autumnal fans would be sellable and loves to use them in displays , my afghan poppies and salvia plants suffered a similar fate.

Under a 10x loupe a lot of the trichs on the darkest exxpressions are non capitate , and look better because of the contrast and sheer numbers of stems and crysolithic hairs against a dark background.

The greener ones have a stronger hit , gramme for gramme , this one is a good compromise with a sweet taste uncured.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Off the rack they smoke very similar , nice fruit/solvent smells on all but one , the darkest on the left smells exactly like germolene , has led to a peculiar taste in the BG cross equivalent.

picture.php

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Will let what left of this one run late then reveg.

picture.php

Finally some yellow , its done by the trichs but adding weight every day , has a mould magnet main cola form so watching closely , red pistills rather than the mothers gold.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
These nugs are going to look like rasberries when dried , faint strawberry smell again , from the MBS side i reckon as none surfaced in the BG cross , shame that particular flavour does not survive the flame.

picture.php

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks ijdc , vapes certainly give the most flavour but usually mix with just enougth tobacco or hemp flowers to burn , and smoke far too much.

Hope the sickley cloying antiseptic smell fades on this cute dark one , reminds me of hospitals and dentists waiting rooms.

picture.php

picture.php

All the MBS F2,s are worth a second run , trying to decide on just two to keep from the current six is difficult .

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Last two are down , one on the left has a dozen small lumps of sugary ooze , seems random and not at damaged areas , very sweet like maple syrup and glass hard.

picture.php

picture.php

moonunit

Absolutely gorgeous shots and plants m8. Just gets better and better the more you post, love it m8 and again ty so much for going above and beyond the call with your testing of mbs1 and your gorgeous hybrids.
Much respect always m8
Moonunit

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks moon , the thread became confuseing as the Antipodes hogged the camera.
Room looks a poorer place now they are down , the bud is drying well and the flavours are MBS dominant , one stand out girl has high yield and plenty of colour with a sweet medicinal flavour and strong aftertaste of cougth medecine.

picture.php

Just popped the remaining ten seeds from the original MBS gift , eight new plants to play with now along with the original four still around as clones.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Those ugly looking late flower clones came good in record time , couple of locals will see how well it scrogs and what it can yield in an ebb and flow.

picture.php

This batch of Cherrychunk x MBS replaces the first one lost to root pests in a recent fiasco , the mother has a very dominant leaf trait and is a heavy classic afghan form , should be some fat ones here.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
From chop day clone to ready for multiple cuts is takeing six weeks , both produced a pinch of viable seed as well , which must have added time.

The MBS and its crosses make more viable late flower clones than usual , stump revegging is perfect so far.

picture.php

A few well stuffed packs of Antipodes will be at the bay early next week as server fund minimal priced BIN,s , there are thousands of freebies on schedule for Easter.

J

jonnybgood29

absolutely beautiful finish foomar, cant wait to see the next round!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks jonny , the F2,s are produceing so many flavour variants its well worth popping as many as possible to fill in any gaps , can select from a tiny plant in a one litre pot if i have to.

These were the ones that squished when i pinch tested them , over half came up so the solid ones should be good to store , green male this time to see if any real difference or can keep just the one dark male.

picture.php

The uniformity of these Cherrychunk x MBS is supriseing , ultra compact compared to the mother or any MBS girls so far , very bushy at 8 nodes in only 14 days , fastest ever under fixed conditions , this MBS male continues to impress and reflects the fine work done by moonunit in the selection.

picture.php

J

jonnybgood29

those plants look almost like some afghani i grew about 7 years ago! nice looking plants!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
They remind me of the MIS freebies from a few years back , but these are very bushy and could clone the lowest shoots now.
The cherrychunk is a lovely plant in every way apart from the harsh flavour , its alright once your throat stops bleeding but kills younger tokers , some old locals love it but its not to my taste , hopeing for a better flavour and still finish on time.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Tend to get a little paranoid sometimes , usually after counting the plants , often squirel away the odd jar but this is the biggest find yet.

This jar with fifty odd grammes has been under a tea cosey on a shelf in an Aga kitchen since June 2010 , far from ideal but not harmed it too much considering the very high temps.

picture.php

Wally,s C99 x Blackberry has faded a little in colour , the smell is strong mixed fruit and incense , really smooth deep flavour and a very different dreamy high compared to the normal headrush when fresh.

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
ICMag Supporter
nice find foomar ,,
looks like she kept well in the jar ,
wish i could find stashes like that , but im either too careful , or just never find them again ,, lol ... the latter likely being the truth ...

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Best part of two years in a temperature range of 70 - 100+ has really not done much apart from fade the bright initial colours and lost the sharp aftertaste, , most finds of this age are tasteless vergeing on the unsmokeable even if stored properly.

Clarence will be listing ten fat packs of Antipodes for the server fund tomorrow as cheap BIN,s , they seem to be worth the space based on the first thirty.