What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAZAR Questions

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
I know there are Mazar lovers here, I hope you guys can help me a little understanding the Mazar better.

Curently I have 23 Mazar Seedlings. Most seem Kinda Stretchy, I have them under 40wats Floro tubes and very close to the tops.

A few are rather short and stout looking. Some look to fall over any time. I'd rather not grow out all 23 of these. But don't want to throw a good pheno way before it has a chance to show.

Any thing I should look for in the Seedlings, that may tell me bout the adult?

I heard about a Lemon pheno and a Tall Lanky pheno to keep a watch for, any other nice Mazar Phenos to keep an eye out for?

Thanky Dankies
Sin
:wave:

G

I popped mine under the 250w mh after 2 weeks of growth. Maybe 2" tall. When they are under the 250w mh and it is pretty close, I didn't get much stretching. Almost all of mine were short squat plants.

I ran some clones thru 4 weeks of flower but I had left them under the flours in the beginning and they had stretched out alot. I ended up choppin them(for other reasons).

I had a 50/50 looking pheno in all of them. There was a couple that had a citrusy smell but not overpowering. I did have one that as a full on lemon smelling plant, like lemon pledge or Lemen Pine Sol or something. Super strong smell.

Tex

G

Started 10 beans, 8 popped and made it to flower. I ended up with 5 females, all somewhat difference in appearance and quite different in the smoke tests.

The first 4 mazar were fairly short, and similar in appearance. They actually all looked exactly like Dutch Passion's picture in catalogs. Some of them were very leafy, and required a lot of pruning to let the light in. I think I should have pruned even more than I did. These shorter ones are probably the type most people are after, because they are exactly what DP describes. Although I don't know about the 'up' high.

I also got a tall lanky pheno, which was my favorite. The buds on that pheno were small, long, tight and kind of wrapped around the main stem. It was so lanky you could actually see the stem in between the main cola buds at harvest time. It was also the 1st one done, 55-58 days, a good week before the rest. This one did have an 'up' high. It looked similar to the other mazar, just pretend someone stretched the plant out by 18", including the buds.

Edit: I finally took a picture of a small mazar bud~
2076mazar_nug.jpg

Last edited:
G

Hooked On Grown will be your best bet with the Mazar. Thats his prized pet.

Blatant

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
you knew........

you knew........

I would find this!! My ears were burning!!!LOL!!
growerinshorts did a very good describtion. I have two phenos as mothers. One is the tall lanky type. The other is the short x-mas tree type..... Here is a pic of the two. They are both at 4 weeks of flower, taken to 12/12 right from clone.

888DSC000301-med.JPG

Here is a close up of the short one. It grows very short and squat!! It still grows a nice big cola. Close to the description like growerinshorts had mentioned! I have to trim away the big fan leaves to open up the lower sites!!

888DSC000311-med.JPG

Here is a pic of the tall one's cola. It is tall but the buds grow together on mine. You can not see the stem. It produces less on the lower end. They both produce around the same dry weight. I get about an oz. a plant. I put them in just after good roots are busting out on the clones. I take about the same size clones, the tall ones just take off!!......

888DSC000321-med.JPG

I did not find the UP high in either of them. One smells like pledge and the other more SKunky. They both have killer body and head highs, and if you smoke too much, you will either pass out and then get up and eat the entire kitchen or vise-versa!
I have found that both phenos love the nutes......
I raise the clones under floros till good roots show and then put them under one of my flower systems. I do not veg them. An oz a plant is not the greatest, but I usually do not grow less then 64 at a time. Bith mothers are pretty consistant, theres always a few that don't make the cut!

Any ???'s give me a holla! I'll be watching!

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Yes....

Yes....

That seems to be the heavy favorite. The other will lose it's taste after a few months, smoke or sell it first. Keep the lemon for yourself!!!;)

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Thanks one and all

Thanks one and all

Shorts thanks for the Pic and your Mazar Experience.

HOG wow lots of good info on the two Phenos.
I have 22 or 21 Seedlings About 2 weeks old.
2 of those are very short even when the Floro is afew inches off the tops.

A few seem normal or midsized, and Most are Tall and lanky, I thought they stretched but then I have others that arn't any where near as lanky all growen together.

I have 1 Mazar and 2 Sliver Pearl about 21 days flower. Had a Boat Load of Males this last run.

Going to have to grow a few Pheno Clones with out topping to see what they really look like. I top and tie so the plants never look like the Photos.

I'll take Some Pics today and post em here.
There is a question of whether I Mixed a Maz and SP so maybe Im really growing all Silver Pearl this time. Thats ok too, cause I really like Silver Pearl as well.

This aint a grow log. But hell might as well have a Mazar Thread. Lots of folks ask me about it. I don't know that much about them.
My 2nd grow now 21 days into flower.

I have seen the BOG pics, pics of HEAVY Trichomed Buds, now Im not saying Mazar is as heavley coated as a BOG, but I was suprised to see how well they coat up.

Thanks guys.
Sin;)

Last edited: