What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maxi bloom to Kool bloom switch

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Outdoors when would you guys make the switch? Plants are supposed to be early October. First time using Kool bloom to finish. Thanks in advance

goingrey

Good question.

5-15-14 to 2-45-28 just looking at NPK.

Very light on the N the Kool Bloom.

Full switch probably quite late. Have you thought about a gradual change?

cfl...KING

Veteran
Good question.

5-15-14 to 2-45-28 just looking at NPK.

Very light on the N the Kool Bloom.

Full switch probably quite late. Have you thought about a gradual change?
Everything I've seen is a 100% switch for the last 2 weeks but that is indoor where it's easy to gauge . Plus people say they aren't flushing the Kool bloom an using thru harvest

goingrey

What kinda weather do you have in September usually?

I'd switch two weeks before the forecasts expect crappy weather. :D

cfl...KING

Veteran
Up here it could be 80s an sunny or 50s an rainy, the weather is bipolar. Last year October was warmer an dryer than September lol

goingrey

Yep well that plays a part.

I think it might actually be a good idea instead of a flush outdoors. Might keep them happier all the way and more able to withstand troubles. But yeah usually I don't do any planned flush outdoors it's the "oh shit the weather is turning better chop now" method. Or slow release organics so flush what...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yes. I ended up packing the remaining 2lbs around for years before tossing it out. Straight Maxibloom always produced higher quality cannabis. Koolbloom produced more... but always lower quality for me no matter how little used.

Maxibloom, r/o water and a pinch of epsom is capable of some amazing cannabis.

cfl...KING

Veteran
Yes. I ended up packing the remaining 2lbs around for years before tossing it out. Straight Maxibloom always produced higher quality cannabis. Koolbloom produced more... but always lower quality for me no matter how little used.

Maxibloom, r/o water and a pinch of epsom is capable of some amazing cannabis.
What kind of yield difference are we talking?

goingrey

Koolbloom is an additive that is supposed to be added to maxi. Not used instead of maxibloom.
That's the liquid KoolBloom though? NPK 0-10-10.

Here's what they say on the KoolBloom dry website:
We recommend starting with Liquid Koolbloom during the early stages of blooming following feed chart instructions. Switch to KoolBloom only during the last 1-2 weeks of flowering to promote ripening in plants.

So add the liquid for most of the flowering and then full switch to dry for the end... (Their suggestion not mine)

cfl...KING

Veteran
That's the liquid KoolBloom though? NPK 0-10-10.

Here's what they say on the KoolBloom dry website:
We recommend starting with Liquid Koolbloom during the early stages of blooming following feed chart instructions. Switch to KoolBloom only during the last 1-2 weeks of flowering to promote ripening in plants.

So add the liquid for most of the flowering and then full switch to dry for the end... (Their suggestion not mine)
Dry Kool bloom

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Nope, they both are additives. Just google the maxi feeding schedule. The dry is added at. 25 tsp per gallon as well as .5 tsp maxi. The liquid and the dry are used at different stages not at the same time.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
@goinggrey
They are telling you to use koolbloom dry only at those weeks. Not before. Not to use it by itself.