What's new

Matisyahu-Anyone Ever Heard of Him?

Oreganic

Ahh.. now thats what I like to hear. Just takes a little patience, and humane communication skills and we're right on the same page. Sounds like you really are into your local hip hop. I definately enjoy Smif N Wessun. 'Da Shinin' is a classic. I'm guessing you'd probably respect what Blockhead is doing production wise. Basically he makes about 75% of Aesops Beats [Atleast on 4 of his albums]. His independant release 'Music by Cavelight' is an amazing compilation of unique beats laden with very unique samples. 'Carnivores Unite' is on of the most.. I dunno, I don't wanna say 'spiritual', but very energy filled beats I've heard in a the last year. I'm outta here though. Peace.

-oreganic.

G

cannable said:
damn it sucks that its taken aol music to get matisyahu known... heh
he's a damn good preformer, and hes got some quality music imo

aol music? dude they've been playing king without a crown on the radio for months now, where have you all been? i agree it's a pretty good song, and there's one other song by him that i like but all the other ones i've heard really suck

bluebublelove

SpacemanSpliff said:
My friend works at a record store. Before Matisyahu's video came out, he would play Live at Stubbs all the time. Every single time he played it, he had someone coming up to the counter saying, "Damn, who is that?" Even his boss, who's not a big fan of most reggae, liked it. You can argue that Israel Vibration or Steel Pulse is better, and that's fine. They're both excellent bands. But don't call him talentless unless you can do what he does, which I highly doubt.

And speaking of only being popular because he was white, part of the reason Bob Marley caught on in America so quickly was that he was half white. Of course, being incredibly talented didn't hurt, but it did help that he looked more like most Americans.

I respect your opinion, and I don't mean to hate. You said like you felt like hearing what others had to say, so I'm saying it. Let's not turn this into a flame war.

One love.

"part of the reason Bob Marley caught on in America so quickly was that he was half white."

I don't think thats true. I'm not gonna even look it up on google to see if its true or not cause, common sense is shouting that this can't be true. ANYONE know if this is true. I highly doubt it. peace all

bluebublelove

hm, really? I guess that is just as weird a jewish dude laying down reggae jams, a half white dude, singing about the evil white man.

PhillyPhunk

Yes Bob is half cracker , I think his dad was a English or Aussie sailor who stopped for a little too long one day at the port of Negril and managed to scrounge up some tail.

bbing

Declaration of Peace

Declaration of Peace

If I were a Rasta, Bobo Ashanti, mountain man, or Dread ...I would be stoked that young jewish college kids were rockin it based on the music and spirit Reggae has brought to the world.

BTW NEvermind ; word on the street IS that Willie Nelson made a reggae album!!! for real!!

I hope the spirit of reggae finds it's way into mainstream. IT COULD NEVER BE A BAD THING. No matter how adulterated or iterated it becomes.

Reggae can, and does, teach us about how to handle struggle and striffe with graciousness -JAH LIVE! Something all of us who PROTEST should be able to relate to.

Like our herb...there are many different flavours! I don't see anyone here slamming eachother because of their choice of herb.

Listening to perhaps the anthem of all reggae:

Abyssinians - Mandela (satta masanga)

soooooo roooooots

here;
this is the best thing i have ever found on the web:
for winamp bigupradio 128k
for ituners bigupradio 128k stream
Musical Youth 4ever
enjoy[COLOR=[COLOR=Red]Red[/COLOR]YellowGreenBlack

Last edited:

Tokabowl

bbing said:
here;
this is the best thing i have ever found on the web:
for winamp bigupradio 128k
for ituners bigupradio 128k stream

:yes: Thanks man listening in now wiked sound.
IMO Matisyahu's sound is good, King without a crown, Aish Tamid, Close my eyes, and Got no water are the songs i prefer... I dont particularly agree with whats hes preachin for but his sound is wiked so :respect:
(i specially dont agree with his position on the weed : "me no want no sensimilia that could only bring me down, burn away my brain no way my brain is too compound" :biglaugh: , shame he didnt have a good experience with the maryjane...)

G

dummkompf said:
aol music? dude they've been playing king without a crown on the radio for months now, where have you all been? i agree it's a pretty good song, and there's one other song by him that i like but all the other ones i've heard really suck

obviously i don't pay attention to the radio much, or watch mtv..

Latest posts

Latest posts