What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts potency/terpene tests

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Has anybody gotten their recreational weed tested at any of the labs here in Mass? I was looking at MCR labs, mostly because they were the only ones who listed a price publicly that I could find. Looks like 50$ for a Cannabinoid test, 25$ for a terpene test so 75$ to really test each strain I was interested in. Anybody know the prices at the other labs? Or any other suggestions? Thanks ya'll.

MCR is the only lab I've heard decent things about. I hadn't looked at their pricing recently, that's not bad. A ways back it was way more expensive than that.

Been wanting to do this at some point. $200 for cannabinoid profile for 4 strains is pretty good.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I wanted to help out a friend who gave me some of their genetics, but cannot get it tested easily, so I figured this is the best way to do that. Thanks for the info, I agree it does seem decent price.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i think its washington where they sent out buds from the same branch to be tested to '6' labs- all came back with diff thc values from 21 to 29pct... so much for labs

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
i think its washington where they sent out buds from the same branch to be tested to '6' labs- all came back with diff thc values from 21 to 29pct... so much for labs
Oh man right, that's always telling. I'd love to be able to afford to send 1 sample to each of the 4 labs, all from the same bud and then see what the results are. Not sure I can swing 200$ just to prove people rip people off though :laughing:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
They do testing for any average joe or?
As far as I know yes they do, quoted from their page, emphasis mine.

We provide ISO-17025 accredited cannabis testing services to individuals and organizations operating in the medical & adult-use cannabis space as well as home growers and independent cannabis product creators.

Inside Outlaw

Hey all
1st post ever and here we go...
I run a lot from seed, so I test everything, leaving nothing to chance. MCR is a great lab. The people are friendly and professional, using thin-layer gas chromatography. Results come back in 2-5 days on average. Money well spent(for me anyway).

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks for taking the time to register just to reply! But stick around, cause this is a great place to learn about and just experience some people who really are great at growing weed.

Inside Outlaw

Thanks,
Been lurking here for 3 years. This site has been a wealth of info for me - thank you all! Just wanted to throw in my .02 about MCR.
Back to lurking

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If you are only looking for THC% they sell 10 packs of instant test for like $28. Just crack open drop in sample, shake and match to chart (like pool ph chart)
https://www.eztestkits.com/en/ez-testing-kits/thc-drug-testing-kit-10
Oh man are those the ones that look like a litmus test almost and I match the color? Isn't there a way to source that stuff at home, I remember a thread around here someplace on people home testing, I guess that would be something to try. At the very worst test a little bit of the same bud I send to a real test lab, to see how it matches up.

Grandpajay

I test every new strain I receive or create at MCR and they've always been great. You can even give them a business name to to have your strains tested under in case you're paranoid. I've gotten their cannabinoid and terpene test but I only find the cannabinoid helpful as I feel the terpene test are more for people who cook and want to match the bud to specific flavors of a dish.

Oh man are those the ones that look like a litmus test almost and I match the color? Isn't there a way to source that stuff at home, I remember a thread around here someplace on people home testing, I guess that would be something to try. At the very worst test a little bit of the same bud I send to a real test lab, to see how it matches up.

Things like this are popping up now, fairly reasonably priced and getting lower every day it seems:

https://tcheck.me/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9P7w0oyu5AIVDLTtCh10vwo5EAQYASABEgKgcPD_BwE

kingchango

Have it tested at Green Peaks Lab in RI. They have practically anonymous drop offs at 2 hydo stores near Providence. Price isn't bad either for a quality HPlC/GC test. They're kind of new.

Latest posts

Latest posts