What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Mary Jane's Bud" raided, closed in Thousand Oaks

bigbrokush

Fabian and Amanda Citraro touted their home-run business as "Ventura County's #1 Medical Marijuana Service!" in newspaper and Internet ads.

But "Mary Jane's Bud," operated out of four locations in Thousand Oaks, hasn't taken any orders since the couple's arrest on charges that they were running an illegal medical marijuana collective.

Fabian Citraro, 32, and his wife, Amanda Citraro, 30, also face a charge of child endangerment after detectives found marijuana edibles in the refrigerator of their tidy two-story home in a development called Teardrop Estates, Ventura County Sheriff's officials announced Tuesday.

Narcotics investigators arrested the couple June 6 after a monthlong investigation into the operation, Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Thomas said in a statement. They were growing marijuana in two warehouses located in a business complex in the 3400 block of Old Conejo Road, Thomas said.

A third location a block away was used as a central dispatch center where they filled orders and sent drivers to deliver marijuana to customer's doorsteps, police said. When authorities searched the couple's home, they found marijuana edibles in the refrigerator within reach of small children, Thomas said.

The couple was taken into custody at Ventura County Jail and are scheduled for a July 6 court hearing, authorities said.

Ventura County and its 10 cities have taken a hard stance on all marijuana sales, and there are no legally operating storefront shops. Medical marijuana users must travel to Santa Barbara and Los Angeles to buy the drug at shops, or order from delivery services.
From the LA Times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
So by this logic shouldn't every parent who stores beer in the fridge be arrested for child endangerment?

Grey area there.......on one hand its a medication which should be outta reach from children and I can see that point but on the other hand its about to become legal for adult use just like beer......I got a 13 year old son and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving that out for him to be able to grab. I know it won't kill him but if anything ever happened cause I left it out and he got hurt by doing something stoopid while baked I would not be able to forgive myself. Especially my edibles.:gday:

I

icon

I could've swore i read a few months back in a newspaper article that they were legal & ventura county was allowing a few dispensaries to be run legally from homes to keep things low key so it doesnt draw attention like LA county were there was a co-op on every corner.....I just wanted to add so that people read this to know that alot of the cops in ventura county are corrupt & do what ever they want & get away with it regardless of the law & they tack on as many charges as they can to try to boost their career & look like a hero.

treewizard

Grey area there.......on one hand its a medication which should be outta reach from children and I can see that point but on the other hand its about to become legal for adult use just like beer......I got a 13 year old son and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving that out for him to be able to grab. I know it won't kill him but if anything ever happened cause I left it out and he got hurt by doing something stoopid while baked I would not be able to forgive myself. Especially my edibles.:gday:

When I was 13 I knew what beer was and what it did. I also knew that if I drank my dad's beer there would be hell to pay. We don't know what the real situation was. It could have honestly been endangerment. I bet that if these people were even marginally good parents, they would have educated their kid that those items were for adults. Where else are you really going to keep perishable food items. It just seems like being open in this reguard is a sign of a good parent. If I were operating that sort of buisness with my wife and we had a kid, I couldn't imagine them not being around the goods a little bit, so wouldn't it be that much more manditory to normalize your kid to that? I'm just saying that leaving iron suppliments around is more dangerous. If they found a bottle of Floradix in the fridge they probably wouldn't have had an issue.