What's new

Giveaway Mars Hydro's Black Friday Giveaway Is Already Underway!

Persianfarmer

The overcrowding wasn't expected unfortunately... at least not to that degree :biggrin:

Those lights down there are 3x20W=60W Cosmorrow LED bars with flowering spectrum, and the hope is that they will help, correct.

The idea behind that is that under-canopy lighting in a small 2x2 (60x60x160cm) tent with overall good photon efficiency definitely shouldn't hurt, or be too much of a waste. On the contrary, i think it *should* result in maximization of g/W ratio, especially with branches that long and buds so overcrowded.

More on that setup:
On the top side the PPFD sits at >950-1000 µmol/s*m² at <28cm distance over the whole canopy thanks to the very efficient and homogeneous light distribution of the
Viparspectra XS1500 Pro

On the lower side the PPFD sits in the 900-500 µmol/s*m² range at 14-28cm distance range.

This is where i took the inspiration from, and what i hope the bud results will be:

As you can see lower buds in the reel are very, very well formed with respect to the typical low-grade larf everybody usually sees when using only top-lighting.

Luckily temps are good so far (ranging from 19 to 26 °C) and RH is decent (52-62%... soon will probably need continuous dehumi), EC is 2.0 and pH is 5.7. Substrate mix is 60% coco coir, 35% pumice stone and 5% chabazite-K type zeolite rock... all sub-irrigated with gravity-fed Autopots + Airbase.

Fingers crossed, i should enjoy good compact buds and abundant yield, even down there 🤞;)

Waaaaaa pardon my french but f me!!!! Thats so awesome!!! When I watch its like the kid that found the mother load of the Holy Grail!!!!! Hands down Master

Entusia

Waaaaaa pardon my french but f me!!!! Thats so awesome!!! When I watch its like the kid that found the mother load of the Holy Grail!!!!! Hands down Master

If you were talking about me, i'm really far from being even 1/10th of an expert, let alone a master :ROFLMAO:
I'm just some dude illegally growing and having fun 😇

If you were talking about the one in the reel... spot on, that's an elite grower for sure, but i don't know him, someone justed linked me the reel and that's it. No affiliation, not even growing on the same continent 😇

Persianfarmer

If you were talking about me, i'm really far from being even 1/10th of an expert, let alone a master :ROFLMAO:
I'm just some dude illegally growing and having fun 😇

If you were talking about the one in the reel... spot on, that's an elite grower for sure, but i don't know him, someone justed linked me the reel and that's it. No affiliation, not even growing on the same continent 😇
I have a feeling u good just humble 😉

Greenvein

@Entusia very interesting will be interesting to see how they turn out.. I try not to go over 800ppfd untill the final weeks as I find alot of strains will foxtail and take forever to finish.. but I'm still testing the theory. So far from other growers it seems correct. Cheers

TheBlue

@Entusia very interesting will be interesting to see how they turn out.. I try not to go over 800ppfd untill the final weeks as I find alot of strains will foxtail and take forever to finish.. but I'm still testing the theory. So far from other growers it seems correct. Cheers
I'll keep this in mind during this current run because I'm pushing the ppdd around 950-1100 in some areas at the beginning of flowering. Might raise my light a few inches now, lol.

Persianfarmer

Green, so my HGK is kinda fox tailing! I thought fox tailing is a genetic phenomenon…So stress and other factors make your weed fox tail??? Oh la la

Entusia

Very interesting as others have already said. Will keep it in mind and definitely will test lower PPFDs in my next cycles. Thanks for the wisdom bud 🙏

This graph sort of tells me that as well, but i never applied it yet.

grafico-dli-femminizzate.png

Greenvein

Green, so my HGK is kinda fox tailing! I thought fox tailing is a genetic phenomenon…So stress and other factors make your weed fox tail??? Oh la la
Foxtailing is genetic in a way that some strains are more sensitive to certain stresses. I ran a bunch of pants under 3 100w lights and only the center plant between the three foxtailed as the coverage as uneven and high in the centre.

Interested to know your results 👍 if you have a thread running feel free to @me

Persianfarmer

Foxtailing is genetic in a way that some strains are more sensitive to certain stresses. I ran a bunch of pants under 3 100w lights and only the center plant between the three foxtailed as the coverage as uneven and high in the centre.

Interested to know your results 👍 if you have a thread running feel free to @me
Thanks! Yes I do it is Holy Grail Kush on my balcony…still new here don’t know how to link or share but will find out..Sure will keep u posted