What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Company Faces Lawsuit for Allegedly Not Getting Customers High Enough

goingrey

Marijuana Company Faces Lawsuit for Allegedly Not Getting Customers High Enough

A lawsuit alleges Jeeter pre-rolled joints have up to 23% less THC than advertised.

Dan Avery
Oct. 26, 2022 1:09 p.m. PT

Two men are suing a California cannabis company for allegedly overstating how potent its pre-rolled joints are.

In a proposed class action lawsuit, plaintiffs Jasper Centeno and Blake Wilson allege that DreamFields' Jeeter brand of pre-rolled joints contains less THC than is listed on the package. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chief chemical responsible for marijuana's psychological effects. A "pre-roll" consists of crushed cannabis flower rolled into paper so that it can be smoked like a cigarette.

DreamFields markets its products as having higher-than-average THC levels, a complaint filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court says. But independent lab testing found Jeeter pre-rolls contained much less THC than claimed, the lawsuit alleges.

The infused line "is the one joint that will get you to Mars quicker than Elon Musk," reads copy on the Jeeter website.

Jeeters

Court filings allege that while the label on Baby Jeeter Fire OG Diamond Infused pre-rolls claims a THC level of 46%, testing commissioned by the marijuana industry newsletter WeedWeek indicated it only had between 23% and 27%.

A five-pack of Baby Jeeter Churros Diamond Infused pre-rolls, meanwhile, is labeled as 37% THC but tested at just 26% to 29%, the lawsuit alleges.

California Department of Cannabis Control regulations require THC levels be within 10% of what's listed on the package.

"Because cannabis consumers generally prefer and are willing to pay more for high-THC cannabis products, declaring that their products have a very high THC content allows the defendants to charge premium rates for their cannabis products," the complaint alleges. "The declarations of THC content on Defendants' labels, however, are false."

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I noticed that with a few dispensaries but I couldn't prove it. I felt like the weed was way weaker than listed on the wall. I bet they charge a heavy price for those pre-rolled joints too. Just another form of greed coming back to bite one on his or her ass for lying. Now watch all the THC% content drop all over town at all the dispensaries. I'm glad someone is finally doing something, about it. 😎

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"this weed is not strong at all, you said it was the shit...."
-every stoner ever
i bet these "two" guys could be bought off for a couple of joints, especially with that pre packaged stuff they are smoking
from what i understand there really is no standard for the results they list as far as thc content goes, so one labs results are as valid as another's
/send all your weeds to me for moar testing!!! i give them 10 thumbs up
buying from dispensaries kind of sucks sometimes

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone buying a pre roll should know its always 2nd grade and thc percentage is always going to be exaggerated.

Also different testing , produces different results.

Pre roll at 29% is dam good , most are probably 10-15

goingrey

Anyone buying a pre roll should know its always 2nd grade and thc percentage is always going to be exaggerated.

Also different testing , produces different results.

Pre roll at 29% is dam good , most are probably 10-15
Times are changing with legalization. All kinds of consumer protection and marketing standards come into play. "The customers should have known we were lying" won't hold up in court.