What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mango Thai by The Real Seed Company

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ The visual aspect was not distortion but it made everything 'interesting' shall we say. I would stare off into space or at stuff quite a lot. A bit trance like. :dance013:

meizzwang

some mango thai grown outdoors in the pacific northwest, pics taken mid November! Still very early in the flowering stage, this might finish end of December if I had to guess. The plants get crazy tall! The aroma is wonderful, but not fully developed yet, so I can't quite describe it. The smell so far is uniform in all 3 females that are in the garden:
51683447039_dc5409a5f0_c.jpg

51683447309_d0db23ce1e_c.jpg

51683668130_828f7427d6_c.jpg

51681982732_784b532043_c.jpg

ArtOfSelection

some mango thai grown outdoors in the pacific northwest, pics taken mid November! Still very early in the flowering stage, this might finish end of December if I had to guess. The plants get crazy tall! The aroma is wonderful, but not fully developed yet, so I can't quite describe it. The smell so far is uniform in all 3 females that are in the garden:
51683447039_dc5409a5f0_c.jpg

51683447309_d0db23ce1e_c.jpg

51683668130_828f7427d6_c.jpg

51681982732_784b532043_c.jpg

beautiful happy plant .....i can see the resin building ....let us know how she smokes in the new year after you harvest :dance013:

meizzwang

some updated pics of Mango thai outdoors here in the Pacific Northwest. For perspective, we have foggy nights almost every night! This strain so far hasn't gotten any botrytis!

Appearance-wise, mango thai looks so different outdoors compared to when it's grown indoors! All of the plants I got smell the same and look the same, they smell like green mangoes! The aroma is absolutely HEAVENLY!!! Structure-wise, they sorta look similar to the highland thai I grew years ago, but maybe slightly less leafy. you can see some pics of highland thai here if you scroll down the page: https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ding/landraces/348110-highland-thai-rsc/page8

As a side note, the seeds for mango thai are big as fuck!!! I had one male and pollinated the two very best females.

I think these mango thai plants are a bit more resinous, and all of them have turned purple! Here they are at the end of November, I'm starting to rethink that maybe they'll finish sooner than expected (mid december):

51716601236_200109550a_h.jpg

51716601886_16cde9c734_h.jpg

51717339194_ecbe06f2c0_h.jpg

This picture reminds me of highland thai's structure:
51717339429_95035df5d1_h.jpg

51715801112_27e127740d_h.jpg

ArtOfSelection

some updated pics of Mango thai outdoors here in the Pacific Northwest. For perspective, we have foggy nights almost every night! This strain so far hasn't gotten any botrytis!

Appearance-wise, mango thai looks so different outdoors compared to when it's grown indoors! All of the plants I got smell the same and look the same, they smell like green mangoes! The aroma is absolutely HEAVENLY!!! Structure-wise, they sorta look similar to the highland thai I grew years ago, but maybe slightly less leafy. you can see some pics of highland thai here if you scroll down the page: https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ding/landraces/348110-highland-thai-rsc/page8

As a side note, the seeds for mango thai are big as fuck!!! I had one male and pollinated the two very best females.

I think these mango thai plants are a bit more resinous, and all of them have turned purple! Here they are at the end of November, I'm starting to rethink that maybe they'll finish sooner than expected (mid december):

51716601236_200109550a_h.jpg

really impressive resin ..........seems like a bit of a gem this line ....can't wait for a smoke report :tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

51716601236_200109550a_h.jpvery

very beautiful. thanks for sharing. how does it smoke for you?

F2F

Hiya Meizzwang,

I realize your post is from a while back. How’d these finish for ya? Smoke?

Sitting on a pack of these Mango Thai and may squeeze a couple in for my ‘23 plans after seeing your plants. Beautiful my friend!

Peace
F2F

RobFromTX

I have seeds for this strain, as well as the chang mai thai that Dubi released recently, but im not sure which one to run first. Overall would you guys say that this is a pure sativa line? Ive got a few years of growing under my belt but this will be my first thai grow. Just wanted to get some opinions. It obviously has very good reviews but some folks say it feels like a hybrid

GreenAndFast

The mango Thai of mine does not feel anything like a hybrid I can tell you that. Grows like an absolute monster, spiralling arm length octopus style. I'm now on my third year of growing mango Thai, the newest release has popped a plant that looks exactly like my original. Original below
PXL_20231112_085119230.jpg

PXL_20231112_085130286.jpg

PXL_20231112_085333514.jpg

And the newest release plant
PXL_20231112_085430768.jpg

If you want to know more lemme know man 🤜🏻

GreenestBasterd

Mango Thai in the greenhouse - sprouted
towards the end of summer last year and left to do their thing in 3LT pots of 2:1 peat and old coots mix.

Got down to -5c outside which probably explains the leafier structure.

4/4 females with no herms.
Musky leather and some faint fruit, unfortunately no mango…

Two are lovely smoke with great effects, the other two were a little underwhelming both in taste and effect, the purple pheno was the winner!

I’d happily try them indoors or a proper summer grow again in the future.

I believe these are the 2019 release.

IMG_4403.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_4652.jpeg
IMG_4503.jpeg
IMG_5257.jpeg
IMG_5259.jpeg
IMG_5275.jpeg
IMG_5278.jpeg
IMG_5277.jpeg

GreenAndFast

Nice plants brother :headbange . What kind of veg time would you recommend for a guy growing in three gallon pots in a 5x5 grow tent?
I run 12/12 year round in my tent with a pretty similar set up. She responds really well to LST, almost as soon as you bend her over (😅) she's back up looking for the light again. She is pretty forgiving but a very light feeder. Those current plants have had nothing but plain water and a little calmag for the entirety of the grow. This may be down to my Coco set up but play around and go easy. Cuz the end smoke is what it's all about and it's mind blowing @RobFromTX

RobFromTX

I run 12/12 year round in my tent with a pretty similar set up. She responds really well to LST, almost as soon as you bend her over (😅) she's back up looking for the light again. She is pretty forgiving but a very light feeder. Those current plants have had nothing but plain water and a little calmag for the entirety of the grow. This may be down to my Coco set up but play around and go easy. Cuz the end smoke is what it's all about and it's mind blowing @RobFromTX

Good to hear man. Im learning more as time goes on that the best way to grow sativas is to barely feed them anything through and through. They just don't need a lot of assistance at all. I appreciate all your helpful suggestions. This is a strain that might respond well to SCROG, especially in such a limited space like mine

RobFromTX

Yeah a scrog would be ideal tbh mate. I'd love to just fill one tent with her but I can't not have at least another 15-20 plants on the go hahaha

Haha im the same way man. Varieties the spice of life. I may try to run my new caledonias first, im really excited to try that one, but i'll get around to this mango thai for sure because it sounds right up my alley. Its so hard to decide when youre a seed addict with a big collection. I had some going recently with some honduras but had to scrap them. Damn spider mites :confused:

GreenestBasterd

So I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. They were sprouted last summer ( last year ) ? and they finished when ?
summer last year, I’m in Australia so you guys winter.
I popped them around late December early January and as it got colder just left in the un heated greenhouse to finish up.

I’m originally from England and been here 12 years and still can’t get my head around the opposite seasons haha.