What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandala Point of No Return

b8man

Veteran
This strain is really nice! Even with the calcium deficiency that turned a few of the leaves crispy, the buds have crystalled up nicely and the smells are all amazing. Anyway - the pics.

One out of the three plants has a great fruity berry smell that fills the room as soon as you crack the jar. The other two have an incense, spicey, slightly garlic smell that will develop in the cure but isn't as intense as the berry smell.

Nice relaxing stone with a happy vibe and great medicine for the anxious and the insomniacs. Great for watching bad tv, terrible for getting anything done. Not totally debilitating, but makes you lazy as hell. In a good way. Potentially good painkilling properties - i'm not in any pain so hard to say for certain, but it does have that distracting element to the stone that can take your mind off a chronic pain.

At the price they're selling at I'd recommend it to everyone.

smilley

Veteran
Great report b8tman. Looks and sounds terrific, a great addition to anyone's garden.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the report. If they priced this any lower it would be free. I am gonna get this as the price is too low to not give it a try after reading this report.

I wonder about the density of the buds, looks to be pretty compact and yield is ok? How long to finish?

How does this stone compare to the Blueberry x Grapefruit for high in effect(same happy feeling as bb x spg) and potency? I am gonna get the Sweet Tooth anyways and want a relaxing, no noids chill out stone. I am guessing the ST would be a bit more up, with possible anxious moments for some? You mentioned that in your report. I need a strain that I can get stuff done if need be but not feel compelled to do so.

PNR for after the work is done.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Looks nice. I got some of these in my stash might need to run em sooner rather than later. Should be some killer bud.

I havent come across a bad Mandala strain yet. They definitely got their shit together.

b8man

Veteran
I wonder about the density of the buds, looks to be pretty compact and yield is ok? How long to finish?

How does this stone compare to the Blueberry x Grapefruit for high in effect(same happy feeling as bb x spg) and potency?

I am gonna get the Sweet Tooth anyways and want a relaxing, no noids chill out stone. I am guessing the ST would be a bit more up, with possible anxious moments for some? You mentioned that in your report. I need a strain that I can get stuff done if need be but not feel compelled to do so.

PNR for after the work is done.

Hey Yesum

Density of buds is medium, but this grow I deliberately abstained from all the additives to keep the colas from getting too dense (and to see the difference between expensive nutes and cheap ones). Stretch was very low on 2/3 and a little stretchy on the third, most interesting pheno. All were tied down and didn't really give me any problems.I would say though that air buds were particularly worthless and that all lower shoots should be cut for the tops to really prosper. Yield was about average, but again, this wasn't something I was going for. It was chopped at 65 days, but the more sativa dominant pheno which smells of berries could have easily gone another week. I'm trying to re-veg but storm flooding might have destroyed that hope.

The stone from Sweet Tooth 1.1 was a lot more mentally clear and really good for cerebral activities, but didn't really enhance the senses and plateaud a little early.

PNR sets in with an immediate relaxing of the muscles and brings a smile to the face. You feel incredibly comfortable and quite content with whatever is going on in front of you. The mood lifts, worries fade away, and it feels like you're a bit stupid. But when it comes time to talk you notice it's still quite possible to communicate with relative clarity. Memory is adversely affected, appetite is stimulated and there certainly is the temptation to take life at a more leisurely pace. This is indica as it should be.

Sweet tooth didn't kill my anxiety like PNR has. It helped, but it didn't punch my card. But ST wasn't anxious really.

Good luck with your grow anyway dude - i'm confident you won't be dissapointed.

And thanks everyone else for the comments. I'll try and get some dried bud pics up soon.

benjuanman

Veteran
Great buds bro. Pulled the trigger on a pack of these last week when you recommended them for anxiety in a thread I started, so thnx for the heads up. Peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Good luck man I will be making the journey as well.

Last edited:

b8man

Veteran
Hi Maxhouse

I tried to re-veg them but they didn't survive. They were seriously depleted of everything by the end - a long 2 week flush. Shame, but I don't think a good pheno will be hard to find again. Might look for a male in the remainder seeds and do a few crosses in the future.

Of the three the berry smelling one is still the best stone as well as smell. The curing continues.

RLS

Of the three the berry smelling one is still the best stone as well as smell. The curing continues.

Howdy b8man :tiphat:

Wondering how your ponr has cured and how you like the smoke after having had it a while?

I just started some ponr myself and love mandala genetics!

To date, the mandala satori has been the best smelling and possibly the best sativa stone I have had.

Thanks for the thread!

b8man

Veteran
Hey hey - thanks for the kind words guys. RLS - good luck with the PNR grow - I hope my report proves accurate for you. Satori was one of my favourites too - Mandala genetics are solid in my experience - worth 5x what they charge.

I'm still liking PNR a lot and although the smells and flavors have intensified, the high is pretty much the same as my original smoke report. I would say that this strain is great for the initial hit/s, but if you use it for the whole day you become tolerant of the effects and it's not so much fun. But after a hard days work this is an amazing way to unwind! Keeping a clear head is a real bonus.

A couple of bong hits puts you in that comfortable and lazy frame of mind. A couple more has you nodding off a bit. Vaped at 190C it's a delicious and satisfying buzz after a few bags - the effects felt more pronounced when vaped but the duration of effect was shorter.

Smells and flavors have developed a bit but one of the plants has very little odor, the other has a rich, potent, garlicky smell and taste, and the third is the berry one which everyone loves and stinks the house up when I've got the jar open. Potency doesn't seem to correlate with smell with all phenos more or less equal on strength, but varying in sleepyness between plants.

For pain it's possible that concentrates of this strain do the trick, but for me it just made me more comfortable and tolerant of the pain rather than killing it (was bed ridden with lower back pain for a few weeks). For stress/anxiety it didn't affect me one way or the other - i still got panic attacks right up to the point where I started on anti-anxiety medication from the doctors which has helped a lot more than any strain I've tried (wish this wasn't the case - just being honest). For insomnia, it can help you get to sleep and keep you asleep, but it isn't initially sleepy so might wake you up first if you smoke it when you wake up in the middle of the night.

Hope more people give this strain a grow - it's really nice and not so sedating that it makes it no fun. It's going to be good for those cold winter nights. :ying:

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
sounds like im gonna grab a pack. this strain alway catches my eye anytime i order seeds. hows the vigor on her during veg and is she a heavy feeder or a light feeder. Beauiful Flower shots! she really pulled through!

-NE_G978-

b8man

Veteran
Thanks NE Grower

Vigor was v good - it grew fast and big without a hint of stopping from day 1. Running Lucas Formula it burned them a little at full strength when they were younger under a 400w HPS so next time I'd go a bit lighter on the nutes, but the buds tolerated it well. Pretty tolerant strain all in all - find that pheno you like and I'm sure you can easily dial in a perfect grow.

b8man

Veteran
Little update. So after a good 6 month cure the more medicinal effects became apparent. And I can say this is a great strain for anxiety - totally kills those rising panic feelings without making you feel stupid. It didn't do it for me until this stage though, so maybe let it run long and be patient with the cure or find a good medical supplier who is curing a bit longer.

Interested to hear how others have found this strain. Great work Mandala!

Latest posts

Latest posts