What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

Kustom_ax

Veteran
🤤🔥🪵🫐 day 38
5E9F5FB6-9F0E-49FC-81AE-68AB770C581B.jpeg

7F2A3B61-9073-419F-9974-67E30D0539EF.jpeg

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Fantastic for only 38 days. Nice one! Keep us updated. :D

Heres a nice purple pheno of Malawi x PCK at about 2 weeks bloom outdoors!:)

Thank you Lemonade ! I’ll keep the peeps updated for sure. I really enjoyed this thread for a long time before actually deciding to buy this cross. So, now, I will gladly be part of it 🤩

I’ll got clones backed up of this frosty ass purple malawi x pck 😇

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your first Malawi x PCK harvest @StickyBandit :smoke: looks like your 3 were purple leaning phenos, although probably the high indoor summer temps didn't show off all the possible pigmentation. You are correct, the faster flowering indica phenos of 8-9 weeks of flowering time lean more towards the PCK berry terps, while the longer flowering more Malawi sativa leaning phenos tend to have a unmistikable strong (fermented) lemon cleaner type of smell. Thanks for sharing your experience and enjoy! ;)

Wonderful as always with your green Duende @FletchF.Fletch :trampoline:Is this your third or 4th run with her ?
Love the resinous, chunky buds of your selection, yet with some sexy foxtails in some at the end.

Glad the thread motivated you to join the party and grow some Malawi x PCK @Kustom_ax :)
Your slight purple pheno is loooking great, very resinous after 40 days (or so) of flowering.

Good luck with yours outdoors @lemonade hope is not flowering too late for your climate.

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Congrats on your first Malawi x PCK harvest @StickyBandit :smoke: looks like your 3 were purple leaning phenos, although probably the high indoor summer temps didn't show off all the possible pigmentation. You are correct, the faster flowering indica phenos of 8-9 weeks of flowering time lean more towards the PCK berry terps, while the longer flowering more Malawi sativa leaning phenos tend to have a unmistikable strong (fermented) lemon cleaner type of smell. Thanks for sharing your experience and enjoy! ;)

Wonderful as always with your green Duende @FletchF.Fletch :trampoline:Is this your third or 4th run with her ?
Love the resinous, chunky buds of your selection, yet with some sexy foxtails in some at the end.

Glad the thread motivated you to join the party and grow some Malawi x PCK @Kustom_ax :)
Your slight purple pheno is loooking great, very resinous after 40 days (or so) of flowering.

Good luck with yours outdoors @lemonade hope is not flowering too late for your climate.

Hey dubi! Thank you for the mention.
Indeed! This plant is proving to be a huge resine monster. Not sure if it’s the lights, the feed, the genes, or all three. But the resin is quite mindblowing.

Here’s a few other pic !
B5A992B8-015F-459C-BDA0-78761103FC68.jpeg

7D53AA8B-94E1-4493-8A99-761AF23908F5.jpeg

565C0DD9-F6E1-42A3-92DA-2671979851B4.jpeg

goingrey

Thanks @dubi! I could let them go another month or so before frost, but the weather will turn poor pretty soon now, so I’m gonna bring them inside to finish soon! :cool:

View attachment 18760203 View attachment 18760204
Oh wow really beautiful color on the buds that have started to form.

Hey dubi! Thank you for the mention.
Indeed! This plant is proving to be a huge resine monster. Not sure if it’s the lights, the feed, the genes, or all three. But the resin is quite mindblowing.

Here’s a few other pic !
View attachment 18760315
View attachment 18760316
View attachment 18760317
Amazing. Surely a result of all 3, good job!

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Welcome back @dubi !! Thank you. I can't remember how many times I've run the Duende, mostly because it maintains a constant presence, at least 4 now with some recently put into Flower.

Wow @Kustom_ax , those look so Tasty. Great Job!! What growing medium and nutes are you using?

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Welcome back @dubi !! Thank you. I can't remember how many times I've run the Duende, mostly because it maintains a constant presence, at least 4 now with some recently put into Flower.

Wow @Kustom_ax , those look so Tasty. Great Job!! What growing medium and nutes are you using?

Thanks Fletch ! 🤩
Im in soil, with sphagnum moss, peat, coco, and worm castings. I recycle my soil a lot - these plants are in soil that I think I must've have used already over 4 or 5 times haha.
I compost all of the vegetable matter that remains - leafs, stems, roots - everything. From time to time I have to add more of the base, or it becomes too hot.
I do add solid organics fertilizers to it.

I start veg with lots of powdered alfalfa, algae, and horsetail, also add any oligosaccharides that I can buy in the moment. For biota, I add mycorhyzae, Biotabs startex, and some mammoth P that I keep recycling too xD. Also add a lawn organic fertilizer that's super balanced at 4/3/3 npk. I will also make ferments in large water bottle 5L, with all sorts of organic goodies, simples organics sugars, oligosaccharides, vitamines, mineral, tiny tiny amounts of protein/aminoacids, powdered plants, yucca flower, etc - usually what I have at my disposal on the spot. I ferment these for up to 6 weeks - basically when they spot creating gas. I then dilluted 1:10 and use sparingly.

From then on, every 4 weeks roughly, i top dress with either the lawn fertilizer, or guanokalong's complete organics (once heading into flower) - I'll also add worm castings if the green is looking too light for. my taste haha.

Once flower hits, I supplement with Monopotassium phosphate, or, if I cant get that, with the original flora bloom 0/5/4 by Terra Aquatica (both are totally mineral and will drop the pH of my water - which I get from the dehumidifier at very low ppm and close to pH - I buffer the pH to a nice 6.6/6.8 by adding super super fine CaCO3 and MgCO3.
I usually keep this supplement every other watering until the plant shows me it cant take anymore xD then I back off, and either low the dose, or the frequency.
By this time they're usually at week 7/8. Then is basically a waiting game from then on :)

StickyBandit

Starting an organic grow from some sad looking clones. They seem to have perked up nicely. Gonna fill the room out now that I'm familiar with these girls. I cut the center out and started training them by tying down the edges and they're responding very well. No broken branches
They're pretty much bullet proof so I might up-pot into 30L pots with some organic hot-mix soon and get some mega buds going (that's the plan anyway) The SCROG frame is suspended above them, out of shot. No falling over this time!
Short purple pheno at the front. Short chunky purple/brown pheno at the rear. Both strong smelling of forest berries
I have a group of 3 tall, purple, sativa like pheno clones with little smell, on hold. All phenos are sticky but the tall one is even stickier :D
I have pollenated a bud on all 3 phenos from a single male and collected seeds, just for fun :)
Extreme diversity from one strain, and I don't even have the green phenos
Nice work Ace, And good to see you again @dubi , I was getting worried :p
MxPCKs.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome, it's great to be back among you and your plants, friends :wave:

@StickyBandit A pleasure to see you starting next another grow from clones with the 3 purple phenos you had from previous grow from seed. That's always a great sign ;) I also prefer the resins and effects of the longer flowering purple phenos with more sativa influence.

The resins look like coming out the screen @Kustom_ax :D

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome, it's great to be back among you and your plants, friends :wave:

@StickyBandit A pleasure to see you starting next another grow from clones with the 3 purple phenos you had from previous grow from seed. That's always a great sign ;) I also prefer the resins and effects of the longer flowering purple phenos with more sativa influence.

The resins look like coming out the screen @Kustom_ax :D

Hey @dubi !
It is indeed 🤩🤯 crazy ! Im in 80% organics, 20% mineral, in living soil.

Here’s a pic without flash !
0D48CC24-FE7A-4B38-821A-BC2E169BB34D.jpeg

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Hey @dubi
Is it possible that one of my malawi x pck (green pheno) is done at day 52 ?!

They’ve been at 11/13 since I flipped them, under LEDs, at 800-1000 PPFD since the flip (roughly 20L of medium).

She looks much more mature then her sister (the purple resin monster), maybe 0.1 % white pistils, very swollen calyxes, and very few, but present, amber trichomes. But I always feel torn regarding the actual harvest day.

What are your thoughts on this?

Ive read somewhere that to optimize of the terpenic profile, and minimize degradation too, harvesting on the early side is best. But i’ve also heard the opposite.

What is the earliest record of someone harvesting malawi x pck?

Thank you for your time and knowledge!
K_AX

StickyBandit

Hey @dubi
Is it possible that one of my malawi x pck (green pheno) is done at day 52 ?!

They’ve been at 11/13 since I flipped them, under LEDs, at 800-1000 PPFD since the flip (roughly 20L of medium).

She looks much more mature then her sister (the purple resin monster), maybe 0.1 % white pistils, very swollen calyxes, and very few, but present, amber trichomes. But I always feel torn regarding the actual harvest day.

What are your thoughts on this?

Ive read somewhere that to optimize of the terpenic profile, and minimize degradation too, harvesting on the early side is best. But i’ve also heard the opposite.

What is the earliest record of someone harvesting malawi x pck?

Thank you for your time and knowledge!
K_AX
These were at 62 days https://www.icmag.com/threads/malawi-x-pck.302869/post-18191136
Very similar conditions to yours but not the green pheno, just to give you an idea and a visual comparison :)