What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Not yet bro. I set Christmas as a boarder :geek: maybe I should break it..

Before harvest in the RUST 2 :unsure:

:thank you::biggrin:
It might be worth a small sample now and then again in a month's time just so that you can see the difference.

A couple of days ago when I took out my Zacatecas for their final drying, Mrs DM took 0.08g and was surprisingly high considering it was only made on the 10th October, although it only lasted for 5 hrs or so instead of all day.

This morning I'm drying my Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian cobs.

I guess I ought to do some photos?

Tangwena

Veteran
I guess I ought to do some photos?
Damn right brother cant wait to see them.
I have had to give the cob from that cross a break for a couple of days.
I started getting all jittery when I was straight after coming down from it.
I reckon I get so high there is an after effect after the 7th consecutive day of using that cob. I need to reset.
GT tomorrow ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Here we go. Today I take a leap forward into the high tech world. Usually I take some photos on my wife's phone, transfer them to my laptop and then do my posting from there. Two weeks ago my grandson kindly gave me what was a flagship phone 2 yrs ago. Until then of been using a 2014 budget phone and it wasn't up to much.
So today I'm taking photos on my new phone and posting on it too! And all while sitting on my sunny terrace!

IMG_20221127_120048.jpg

So, here we have the 3 cobs that I made from the M x M/E.
The first and the third cob are made with 4 day dried weed and were sweated for 8 hrs at 40c. The middle cob was made with the same weed but after only 24 hrs of drying and then sweated for 12 hrs at 45c.

4 day dry, 40c for 8 hrs.

IMG_20221127_120203.jpg
IMG_20221127_120154.jpg

Beautiful smells of sweet camphor, leather and fresh paint.

1 day dried sweated for 12 hrs at 45c
IMG_20221127_120235.jpg
IMG_20221127_120217.jpg

This is much darker and the smells are darker too, if that makes sense? This one has more of a smell of peppermint as well as dark fruit.

I think both will benefit from another week of sitting atop of my amplifier, so once they are good and dry, I'll re seal them and put them away untill next week. (I can't use the dehydrator to dry today because that's got a zamal x Tom Hill haze that's having a weeks ferment at 45c, buts that's another story)

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_120226.jpg
    IMG_20221127_120226.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20221127_120237.jpg
    IMG_20221127_120237.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Here we go. Today I take a leap forward into the high tech world. Usually I take some photos on my wife's phone, transfer them to my laptop and then do my posting from there. Two weeks ago my grandson kindly gave me what was a flagship phone 2 yrs ago. Until then of been using a 2014 budget phone and it wasn't up to much.
So today I'm taking photos on my new phone and posting on it too! And all while sitting on my sunny terrace!

View attachment 18785833
So, here we have the 3 cobs that I made from the M x M/E.
The first and the third cob are made with 4 day dried weed and were sweated for 8 hrs at 40c. The middle cob was made with the same weed but after only 24 hrs of drying and then sweated for 12 hrs at 45c.

4 day dry, 40c for 8 hrs.

View attachment 18785835 View attachment 18785834
Beautiful smells of sweet camphor, leather and fresh paint.

1 day dried sweated for 12 hrs at 45c
View attachment 18785840 View attachment 18785836
This is much darker and the smells are darker too, if that makes sense? This one has more of a smell of peppermint as well as dark fruit.

I think both will benefit from another week of sitting atop of my amplifier, so once they are good and dry, I'll re seal them and put them away untill next week. (I can't use the dehydrator to dry today because that's got a zamal x Tom Hill haze that's having a weeks ferment at 45c, buts that's another story)
Masterclass brother that got my heart racing the high will be interesting once aged a bit.
Love the colours and the smells sound spot on as well.

Tangwena

Veteran
Never feel like that brother its just a different result the second picture looks stunning.
The right lighting brings out the true colours sometimes its hard to do them justice in a picture.
The colours are spot on I used to score cobs just like that in a place called Dombashawa in Zimbabwe nice aromatic smoke.

Latest posts

Latest posts