What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

H e d g e

I’ve been growing a bit of Black Sea baccy this year that came with instructions to ‘sun dry’, other varieties were either intended for ‘air drying’ or a ‘hot flu’ cure, dependent on the sugar content of the leaf.
Could be this’ll be just the ticket for the Baluchi ive got on the go, no idea how the sugar content compares to equatorial types, but if there’s a possible shortcut to sweet golden bio available buds then I’m willing to risk a branch to find out!
All the other branches will be processed sensibly, I’m not that crazy.

Onboard

Too right brother my most recent Mulanje and Malawi crossed cobs are so good in that department I'm tempted to look no further.
Quoting a good friend of mine who said on first opening a vacuum bag of his own sativa called Chopper Read.
"As soon as I opened the bag the aroma sat me on my ass" ha ha.
When you hit that sweet spot you sure do know.
Thank you for the support and kind words brother.
I am completely with you in that department. If you found your niche in life, that truly makes you vibe, i see nothing wrong with specializing further into it!

I can also relate to what your friend means by being sat down. In fact, I react in a similar way when encountered with almost any of my most favourite aromas!
I am imagining one of those oldschool toys, like a donkey or something with thread limbs, connected to a big button underneath. And when you press that button, his legs go wet noodle, and he melts into a puddle.
That's my OMG reaction. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
here are the malawi cobs. two of them are sweated for 24 hrs and one 48 hrs. i can't see much difference between them. their wet weight was 40gr per piece and after two days drying it's now 10gr. i will cure them in a vacuum bags atleast for 1 month. that small bud was a sample and hmm it's fine. not bad but not super good either. i think i had some high temp problems in my last malawi grow so quality is not the best. the high is a little confusing and jamming/stoned. a bit smiley too.

Attachments

• IMG_20220814_212944.jpg
    IMG_20220814_212944.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20220814_161136.jpg
    IMG_20220814_161136.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220814_161150.jpg
    IMG_20220814_161150.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20220814_161131.jpg
    IMG_20220814_161131.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

Taima-da

here are the malawi cobs. two of them are sweated for 24 hrs and one 48 hrs. i can't see much difference between them. their wet weight was 40gr per piece and after two days drying it's now 10gr. i will cure them in a vacuum bags atleast for 1 month. that small bud was a sample and hmm it's fine. not bad but not super good either. i think i had some high temp problems in my last malawi grow so quality is not the best. the high is a little confusing and jamming/stoned. a bit smiley too.
Looking good.
Give em a few months cure they will get less stoney and more focused I reckon.
by nine months they will be at their best.

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice job 48hrs is a bit long to my way of thinking.
These days and especially with African plants the shorter sweat is a lot more aromatic.
The cobs you have IMO need to be dried well before sealing up.
You should get a darker result after aging which while not so nice tasting can be super trippy depending on how strong it was to begin with of course.
Have you any pics of the buds at harvest?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
@Tangwena , it's taken a while brother, but I'm now almost 3 weeks without inhaling and it just gets better every day. I did a week Immediately after my Op., but wet back to vaping but found it "dirty" and not a interesting as eating cobs. First thig this am I took just 20mg of Malawi ad am surprised at high how I am!.
Cobbing; the gift that keeps on giving.

Just seen one of my reclusive neighbours, He's in his 70's and is a big time vaper head, 50yr + stoner. Just given him 1.2g of Malawi and told him to chew it good before he vapes tomorrow morning. Looking forward to speaking to him again in a few days.

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena , it's taken a while brother, but I'm now almost 3 weeks without inhaling and it just gets better every day. I did a week Immediately after my Op., but wet back to vaping but found it "dirty" and not a interesting as eating cobs. First thig this am I took just 20mg of Malawi ad am surprised at high how I am!.

Just seen one of my reclusive neighbours, He's in his 70's and is a big time vaper head, 50yr + stoner. Just given him 1.2g of Malawi and told him to chew it good before he vapes tomorrow morning. Looking forward to speaking to him again in a few days.
Same here man I used to smoke all day every day since my teens in Africa.
Loved a joint then tried vapes but not for me either.
Now I cant stand smoke of any kind but very happy chewing it keeps me alive and adventuress.
You will find smaller amounts chewed give amazingly powerful effects once your smoking tolerance goes away altogether.

Get ready for some mystical revelations my friend it unlocks areas of your mind never unlocked before.
The main benefit for me is how long you can stay high, but you already know that by now.

I have 3 Mulanje based cobs I am using at the moment, all different effects.
The one I had today was a crazy ride up, like having two lines of coke and sucking on a tab of acid ha ha.
I would love to see how you react to it I was flying.
The initial hit is immediate like 5 mins into chewing and leaves me breathless and wanting it to never stop.
like I remember when I was new to smoking and used to trip out on the strong Malawi.
I have been chasing this high all my life.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Good morning brother, although for you, I think it's early evening.

I'm finding that I'm getting a good hit on 0.2g, but need a little more for the waves and the scalp tingling. Mrs DM has a tolerance of almost zero, perhaps having had a few puffs of a vape once or twice a week and now not really vaped in months, she's off her face on 0.2 and prefers a little less.

I've had some Malawi/Super Malawi Haze cob this morning and it's trippy and wild coming up.
You may remember that I had some 2yr old and dry Malawi and I mixed it with some fresh Super Malawi Haze as an experiment. It worked really well. I used 60% old dry to 40% fresh. 8mths down the road, it's super strong and different from the Super Malawi Haze cobs that I have.

Mrs DM and I are also finding that they come on real quick, 5-10mins for most if chewed well.

The Panama That we took yesterday morning is really euphoric, up, clear with lots of productive energy. The 0.15g that Mrs DM took was sufficient for her to still be high in the evening.

The 60/40 cob of this morning, leans heavily to the original Malawi and could be considered a little overpowering; naturally I love it.

Another thing I am finding about eating only, is the fact that I don't have to be high the moment I wake and if I'm not as high as a kite at bedtime, that's ok as well.

Saludos

Taima-da

Yep, stopping with the inhale adminstration route is when the chewing really gets good.
I'm finding 0.2g does me wonders all day as long, as I change up which cob (or blend of) I'm chewing each day.
some days are full on.
Even my wife commented the other day how baked I seemed after a mixed .2 of Zam and a wicked pheno green haze X Malawi.
I had got to a stage, when smoking, that looking baked wasn't a thing anymore let alone feeling much other than tired.

1.2g of Malawi and I'd be on another planet, and in a coma there too.😂

Tangwena

Veteran
You guys crack me up brothers I wish I could get into those surfing waves again like on my GT cobs they were crazy highs.
Its so good to hear your reports on the lighter doses I was beginning to think it was all in my head ha ha.
Panama ah yes I love that plant so many good plants and all from Ace its no coincidence is it?

Another thing I am finding about eating only, is the fact that I don't have to be high the moment I wake and if I'm not as high as a kite at bedtime, that's ok as well.
Me too its like something so beautiful its not to be rushed more prepared for and savored.

Even my wife commented the other day how baked I seemed after a mixed .2 of Zam and a wicked pheno green haze X Malawi.
I had got to a stage, when smoking, that looking baked wasn't a thing anymore let alone feeling much other than tired.
Thats truly beautiful after years of smoking and not getting what you wanted to be able to hit that target again is bliss.
Thats exactly how I feel anytime, anyplace no problem ha ha.

Balubaba

I've had a few autos outside through a pissy wet summer @ 60N, with "see through" main colas and barely popcorn all around.

Don't know if its worth the hazzle to trim all this larf, beside just a few of the best "buds". Also, I don't know if it's worth the whole drying, burping and curing process.

I know cobbing won't turn dirt into gold, but maybe I should just cob it all, just to keep it low maintenance?
It won't get any better, but I'm guessing it won't get any worse?

I'd rather chew a log than smoke a log :D

Tangwena

Veteran
I've had a few autos outside through a pissy wet summer @ 60N, with "see through" main colas and barely popcorn all around.

Don't know if its worth the hazzle to trim all this larf, beside just a few of the best "buds". Also, I don't know if it's worth the whole drying, burping and curing process.

I know cobbing won't turn dirt into gold, but maybe I should just cob it all, just to keep it low maintenance?
It won't get any better, but I'm guessing it won't get any worse?

I'd rather chew a log than smoke a log :D
If its low quality its ok to practice on it but I wouldn't chew low quality grass anymore than I would smoke it my friend.
Sorry to be so blunt but low quality herb is worse than no herb in my book.
But to get an idea of the technique as far as color change and aroma its good to practice on.

Balubaba

I beg to differ.. in these neck of the woods, we're used to smoke anything that will burn.. so yeah.. bunk but untainted weed is far better than none ;)
Oddly enough, a friend of mine got a nice daytime high from smoking some fan leaves.. don't ask me, I don't have the lungs to smoke hay.. :p

Does undetected mold present any danger when cobbing?

Stay tuned for some cobbed arctic shit weed :D

Taima-da

I beg to differ.. in these neck of the woods, we're used to smoke anything that will burn.. so yeah.. bunk but untainted weed is far better than none ;)
Oddly enough, a friend of mine got a nice daytime high from smoking some fan leaves.. don't ask me, I don't have the lungs to smoke hay.. :p

Does undetected mold present any danger when cobbing?

Stay tuned for some cobbed arctic shit weed :D
If anything, done properly, I think cobbing is more likely to inhibit or even kill off mould development as the process is a bit like digestion and seems to entrain available biomatter into the process.
Furthermore the cob will improve with age rather than diminish in quality over time.
I'd do it.

Last edited: