What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Onboard

Happy summer solstice everybody!
IMG_2088_cut.jpg

A few of my little cob jars for everyday use: (from top left) New Caledonia 2, Thai Chi. From lower left: Killer A5 (haze pheno), Satori, Blue Dream.

The Killer A5 Haze has been a true game changer for me! It's barely mature at two months old, but it is more than twice as potent as any of the others already. Sharp, crystal clear, and in your face, and long lasting!

Not as colorful as NC2 and not as happy as some of the others, but it just brings everything to another level! I wouldn't say real electric, but much more awake and energetic than the others. Which is more than welcome!

So, for a couple of weeks now, it is a 0.2-0.3g piece of KA5, plus the same size piece of any of the others, Once or twice per day. For rationing and combining the effects. Chewed, of course!

It could be just my wishful thinking, but its like the KA5 is rather transparent and just brings everything up a notch, while leaving personality of the other piece reletively unchanged. Thai Chi plus Ka5 is still a perfect morning work medicine, clear and focused, almost sober but very happy. NC2 + KA5 is still colorful, warm and euphorically happy. Blue Dream + KA5 is still uplifting but kind, comforting, healing, and down to earth. Satori is similar to Blue Dream, but a bit trippier, and leaning towards mango instead of lavender.

If any of that makes any sense. Anyway, thrilled doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about it all!

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
And a Happy Solstice to you too brother.

That makes perfect sense @Onboard. I often use different cobs together. The golden tiger for me, gives a similar effect to what you describe and I add on others for different effects.

What a lovely selection of cobs you have.

This morning I took 0.2g of New Caledonia cob before going off to my yoga class. I find that a small amount of cob really helps me focus on the inner working's of my body. I was surprised how high it made me! This cob has really improved with age.
S6000377.JPG
S6000379.JPG

I've just broken a little piece off of the end to show the lovely colours inside. Those 2 little bits weigh 0.5g between them; But now they've gone!:whistling:

The killer A5 Haze sounds awesome! I've looked at that and have been tempted. Maybe next year. There's just so many awesome Sativas out there!
@Onboard , I'm a little concerned, I've just re read your post and the "The Killer A5 Haze has been a true game changer for me! It's barely mature at two months old, but it is more than twice as potent as any of the others already" has me thinking. "what's it going to be like in 6months!!". Yeah, I think it's on the list of plants to grow!

Apologies for all the waffle but it's "The cob!" talking.

If it wasn't raining I'd walk up the road and take photos of my Neighbours donkeys for you all.

Onboard

Thank you so much, Mr @Hombre del mont :smoke:

That New Caledonia looks so delicious, too! And it is much appreciated to hear any details about your different uses of the cob. And I could not be happier to see that you are growing some seeds from Sensei @Tangwena this year!

Myself I will take a break over the summer, but for the next run I will have to get me some Ethiopia x Malawi seeds too, for obvious reasons! :hotbounce In addition to some more Killer A5 haze, and a few other Ace strains :) I agree it is tougher for every grow to pick among all the amazing varieties!

About the potency of the Killer A5 haze, it is already time for an update.....
I was going to write that my biggest concern is that it won't last nearly six months! But..
About two weeks into daily chewing, I realize it is already getting a bit too killer for me to handle well, at least for daily use. It is still absolutely wonderful though!

So I will have to get back on that. But smaller doses, and not every day, is probably a better way for me. This is some powerful medicine!
Killer A5 Haze: Haze pheno (top), Malawi/hz (middle), NL/Hz pheno (bottom)
IMG_1868cut.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
If it wasn't raining I'd walk up the road and take photos of my Neighbours donkeys for you all.
6.png

I find the same thing stretching and exercise is amazing I can feel and align every muscle and joint.

About two weeks into daily chewing, I realize it is already getting a bit too killer for me to handle well, at least for daily use. It is still absolutely wonderful though!
Nice going brother lovely cobs and great selection.
Now is the time to reduce dosage on the best cobs, you have established your floating charge.
Its what I call it anyway, the smaller hits just seem to get stronger and stronger.

Taima-da

View attachment 18726945

I find the same thing stretching and exercise is amazing I can feel and align every muscle and joint.

Now is the time to reduce dosage on the best cobs, you have established your floating charge.
Its what I call it anyway, the smaller hits just seem to get stronger and stronger.
Can't agree more.
Once you're tuned in the experience just opens right up.
I'm now down to point one something most of the time and even at this dose I still find myself needing to have a quick lay down on occasion.
Otherwise more active than ever and almost always with a huge grin. Medicine for life for sure.
Don't even contemplate smoking anymore as I never want to ruin tomorrow's chew.

Beautiful cobs one and all.

Onboard you have convinced me to crack my KA5H for a trial tomorrow even though it's still on the young side.

Tangwena

Veteran
Can't agree more.
I'm now down to point one something most of the time and even at this dose I still find myself needing to have a quick lay down on occasion.
Otherwise more active than ever and almost always with a huge grin. Medicine for life for sure.

Onboard you have convinced me to crack my KA5H for a trial tomorrow even though it's still on the young side.
Thank God its happening to some else as well. I thought I was loosing my mind ha ha.
You know the other day I had a twist of cob.
A twist being a small piece of cob wrapped in brown paper.
We used to buy them for 10cents each in Africa.
The other day I found such a twist in my pocket it was what remained of a full twist I had nibbled the day before.

Now twists had no set size they were based purely on what the seller considered was enough to get you high, so the smaller the size the more potent the smoke.
So anyway this half a twist was about the size of an orange pip. I thought I needed a lift so I chewed it not expecting much at all.
Well you can guess what happened next ha ha I had to pull over and get my wife to drive while I hung onto the hand grip as if it was my life support ha ha.
I think I ground down my teeth as well ha ha.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
This thread inspired me to try this sometimes! Too bad the pics seem lost in first few posts of OP. @StevenXHF any ideea if they are lost cause of the migration? Can they be fixed? This is quite an interesting thread showing old ways of curing. Please fix it if possible!

Tangwena

Veteran
This thread inspired me to try this sometimes! Too bad the pics seem lost in first few posts of OP. @StevenXHF any ideea if they are lost cause of the migration? Can they be fixed? This is quite an interesting thread showing old ways of curing. Please fix it if possible!
Hi my friend that may have been my fault. A few years ago I got really really high and got paranoid big time and deleted a lot of my albums.
I didn't realize I had linked the pictures to those albums I no longer do that as a safety measure ha ha.
You are not missing anything though the cobs other members and myself post these days are much better.

Tangwena

Veteran
It could we are both losing our minds.😅😂
Whatever. Works for me!
Today I hit the Mulanje again and then spent the day painting my house. The patience and attention to detail was great once I got over the initial shock.
I found Swazi good for painting as well the two together might be a good high.
Lucky I have 3 phenos of Swazi crossed to Mulanje to play with some day.
The high from this cob was like marching powder, the high is super charged euphoria no coffee breaks needed.

Onboard

Thank you so much for the kind advice! And my apologies for (repeatedly) not responding properly.

That is so spot on! I had already noticed exactly this, about a month or two ago, as I was spontaneously waning down my joint smoking. Doses go down, effects and fun goes up! :smoke:

But then I test-smoked the Killer A5 Haze, and within three tokes I decided to go back to smoking a bit more for a while, ha ha!
That jacked my tolerance back up, but at least it made me lose most of my interest in my other jars (of mostly hybrids).

But now I am happily back at cutting down on the smoking again! And as such, the doses are coming down, and the quality of the effects improve a lot!

And with some sensitivity somewhat recovered, most of my cobs do very well in the 0.15-0.25 g dose range (and half for the KA5H). Higher than that and it gets a little fuzzy. :ROFLMAO:

A couple of the weaker cobs stay relatively clear at 0.3-0.4 g, and are milder but still very enjoyable!

Can't agree more.

Congratulations my friend!! That is so great to hear!
Medicine for life indeed. More active, much happier, and smiling much more sums it up very well for me too.

How did the KA5H taste (and hit) for you? Which pheno(s) did you have the pleasure of cobbing, and what aromas have you found so far?

Please know, that your post inspired me to taking a little break from smoking. On my third day currently, and the effects of the cob absolutely improve by the day!

Even if I smoke pure only, and use filters with activated carbon, I still find that smoking brings some heavier and dirtier vibes to the whole experience.

Last edited:

revegeta666

Hi @Tangwena & co!

I never knew about cobbing, this thread has blown my mind haha. I am very curious now about this method and might try it with this autumn's harvest if my grow goes well. I just popped a few seeds from a zamal x jamaica cross.

I have a question though, I have read you guys mention a few times how much stronger it makes the weed. I am kind of a lightweight (lol) just because I can have some anxiety and stress issues from time to time. So I usually avoid stronger sativas like Panama or Malawi. I do grow sativas and love them but I prefer milder kinder sativas than the crazier ones. Racy strains are just not for me. I enjoy sativas with light, positive and active effects but not overwhelming.

Is it still worth it for me to try this if I use a milder sativa? Also I see folks are eating microdoses of these cobs for a boost in energy/mood during the day. I would like to try something like that.

So, cobs with milder sativas, yay or nay? Also, smoked or eaten? Maybe the answers lay somewhere inside the 260 pages of this thread, apologies if that's so.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Hi @revegeta666 ,IMO, cobbing doesn't make it stronger just different, but in a better way.
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use a milder Sativa. If it's good weed then you'll get good cobs. Zamal x Jamaica sounds perfect. Just eat or smoke smaller amounts. You'll love it.

Another example of the magic of cobs:
This morning my wife came home from the hairdressers ( A lovely man and bigtime Punk Rock Musician). I'd given him a small sample of some Panama Cob to try recently and he told her how it had helped him with his low mood but that he'd run out. I don't sell my cobs but I do give bits to friends. When we first moved to Spain this man befriended us and looked after us.
Needless to say but he now has sufficient of my best euphoric cob to keep our village in haircut's for a while.

Cobs are magical.

Red Say's "Make sure you chew your Cob"
S6000426.JPG

revegeta666

Hi @revegeta666 ,IMO, cobbing doesn't make it stronger just different, but in a better way.
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use a milder Sativa. If it's good weed then you'll get good cobs. Zamal x Jamaica sounds perfect. Just eat or smoke smaller amounts. You'll love it.

Another example of the magic of cobs:
This morning my wife came home from the hairdressers ( A lovely man and bigtime Punk Rock Musician). I'd given him a small sample of some Panama Cob to try recently and he told her how it had helped him with his low mood but that he'd run out. I don't sell my cobs but I do give bits to friends. When we first moved to Spain this man befriended us and looked after us.
Needless to say but he now has sufficient of my best euphoric cob to keep our village in haircut's for a while.

Cobs are magical.

Red Say's "Make sure you chew your Cob"
View attachment 18728284
Welcome to Spain in that case lol. We might not be very far away from each other considering my place looks so similar to yours. I don't have cool horses to give me advice on cobs like Red though. Thanks for the push, I will definitely try it this year as long as there's no disasters with the grow :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Welcome to Spain in that case lol. We might not be very far away from each other considering my place looks so similar to yours. I don't have cool horses to give me advice on cobs like Red though. Thanks for the push, I will definitely try it this year as long as there's no disasters with the grow :)
I think if both parties are in agreement a trip (pun intended) to see Hombre del mont would answer all your questions my friend.
Def you can use a milder sativa if you like the effects you will love them cob cured thats as long as you get the cure right.
Thats where the visit to Mr del mont comes in no better teacher in Spain I'm sure.
Seeing touching smelling and tasting is the only way to get true perfection.

sneezydog

I had the pleasure of meeting a girl from Spain recently, your culture is a beautiful thing. Thats all i have to say about that.

Milder cobs, yes, itll just be a milder cob, and you can pull different effects. in general cobs will only get better over time vs buds getting older and stale. Like Tang says, you can sample as you age it and dry when you like the effects, or pick 3 different times, etc. But yes, try it!!!!!!!
I wonder if a few seeds help the thing go into the body, the extra oil infusion effect haha. I used to deep fry buds, i know ive said this before but with coconut oil and brown rice syrip to dip into and back into the oil for a few seconds. i wouldnt try with a cob slice but i can imagine it would be good. but the seeds made it, crispy and crunchy.

Taima-da

Congratulations my friend!! That is so great to hear!
Medicine for life indeed. More active, much happier, and smiling much more sums it up very well for me too.

How did the KA5H taste (and hit) for you? Which pheno(s) did you have the pleasure of cobbing, and what aromas have you found so far?
Hi Onboard, I took a detour and ate a piece of the late green Honduras that I'd not yet tried chewed.
Because it was made quite rustic and is, as Dubi states in the description, initially fairly moderate in strength, I thought I'd eat 0.3 and see how it went.
Maybe because it's still quite young but I found the result almost incapacitating, with the "lapping at the corners of the mind" effect I'd found in it smoked fresh (a couple of months ago), but also with a tingly full body kind of feeling- though not heavy. I suspect it may become a bit more focused with time but I'll probably start at 0.2 next time.
Quite a surprise.

In answer to your other question the ka5h pheno I have seems fairly balanced. It was a bit of a late starter but stretched up nicely at onset of flowering, not super dense but still quite a good yeild for a small plant. Reminds me of the green haze by Malawi I've been growing but not quite as stretchy and a much heavier feeder.
The cobbed smells are not stand out by any means but I'm getting a background of earthy herbal molasses-y sweet and some oily with a touch of what almost smells like plasticine or play dough.
I'm sure it smells better than I've made it sound, but compared to other cobs I've made it's not crazy compelling in the smell dept.
What does stand out is the sparkly crusted exterior.
Now I've opened it again I'll probably try tomorrow.
Usually I give them time until at least three months and found they only really start to get great at about six months, but I'm willing to try again. 😆
Let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Tangwena

Veteran
I get that about the aromas I have a Swazi I fermented too long and now its not appealing to chew but the high is worth it ha ha.
Unlike the Mulanje and its crosses the smell sucks me in every time ha ha. I promised myself I would take a day off today.
Made it until lunch time and then broke down and had about 1/10th of a gram ha ha buzzing along very nicely really love this stuff.

but I'm willing to try again. 😆
Thats the thing about this cob curing it builds character, going the extra mile for the brotherhood ha ha.

Latest posts

Latest posts