What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Hombre, thanks for the steps and pics. This will really help me out when I finally harvest my KA5H. I've been reading the posts and trying to put it all together in my head for when the time comes and this steps with pics is awesome.
Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Your welcome my friend.

Tomorrow, when I open them up after the 12hr sweat I'll document the next step.

I'm thinking I'd quite like to grow the KillerA5 myself. Is it very strong smelling?; I can't be doing with growing overly strong smelling weed.

RottyRzr

Your welcome my friend.

Tomorrow, when I open them up after the 12hr sweat I'll document the next step.

I'm thinking I'd quite like to grow the KillerA5 myself. Is it very strong smelling?; I can't be doing with growing overly strong smelling weed.
The pheno that I have doesn't have hardly any odor. It's been kinda nice after growing some indicas that had my whole home smelling like skunk. If I rub the stems there is a odor and it's not very pleasant but its limited to just my hands. Some other folks growing it on here have reported that they do have an odor with their pheno.
Give it a go.
I believe @blondie and @spigolaro are growing smelly phenos. Hopefully they will comment.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
The pheno that I have doesn't have hardly any odor. It's been kinda nice after growing some indicas that had my whole home smelling like skunk. If I rub the stems there is a odor and it's not very pleasant but its limited to just my hands. Some other folks growing it on here have reported that they do have an odor with their pheno.
Give it a go.
I believe @blondie and @spigolaro are growing smelly phenos. Hopefully they will comment.
Thanks

Tangwena

Veteran
I just saw this video, I dont know if it was posted before. If it was, my apologies
The technique is called perique, it was used by sailors to cure tobacco
They clean the tobacco in a similar way the premium paraguayan brick is done
I find this perique method similar to using banana bark, but I think the fresh bark is better because it shrinks and cures together with the weed, pressing it naturally. But if you dont have fresh banana bark and have rope, it is not bad at all

Have a nice week everybody

So similar its uncanny I am sure its related.

Tangwena

Veteran
And so the cobbing season starts!

As some of you know, we took down and trimmed up the Zac Tribute on Friday as we were expecting 5 days of storms from Sunday; They arrived today, a day late.

So here we are with a nice bowl of 3 day dried weed (so quite moist but not wet).

View attachment 18767587

This is just under half of the harvest, so less weed than I first thought; But still plenty to make several cobs!
View attachment 18767591

Once it's taken off of the sticks there's 89g

View attachment 18767595
Here's half of it ready to get compressed really tightly into the tube.

View attachment 18767593

View attachment 18767594

Unwrapped and ready for the bag.
View attachment 18767597

I made 2 cobs from the 89g.

View attachment 18767602
So these guys will go into the dehydrator at 45c for 12 hrs.

With these 2 I'm going for a darker cure and hoping for a more spacey edge to the cobs.

In a few more days time I'll do the remaining part of the harvest, which will be by then somewhat drier and will be done using less heat, in an attempt to produce more speedy cobs.

I'll update again tomorrow once I've opened them to dry.
Great tutorial please dont stop.
I cant wait to see the others and the results this is how it should be shown.

Tangwena

Veteran
I have finished my spring clean down to just the primo cures now.
This one was from 2020 Panama lemon pheno of the Honduras x Panama.
I chewed about 0.25g a while ago now and its coming on fast love this stuff.

img_2076-web.jpg

Lost everything a moment ago ha ha I better hurry up and post this before things start getting loopy ha ha
Panama always takes me by surprise ha ha.
Lastly the most aromatic funky hashish and fermented fruit smelling Purple Honduras x Panama from 2019.
I nearly took this one as well it smelt so darn good, but now I'm thinking it was a wise decision to stay with the first one alone.
Tomorrow will be fine for this baby ha ha. Strong fast paced high coming on now yeeha going to get me my hoss ha ha.

img_2082-web.jpg
img_2084-web.jpg

index.jpg

image_2059496.jpg

1mb90m_1c6885e58d9ea4980b995e3b7090824c_a8a8f7ec_640.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
So, following on from yesterdays post.

The 2 cobs have been sat at 45c for 12hrs.

This morning I opened them up.

No visible water droplets, but noticeably more moist than they were.

I've dried them off by letting them sit unbagged in the dehydrator at 35c for 1 1/2hrs.

20221011_100449.jpg

They since been re bagged and vacced and will be left sitting at around 35c for the next week or so until I check them.

Tangwena

Veteran
So, following on from yesterdays post.

The 2 cobs have been sat at 45c for 12hrs.

This morning I opened them up.

No visible water droplets, but noticeably more moist than they were.

I've dried them off by letting them sit unbagged in the dehydrator at 35c for 1 1/2hrs.

View attachment 18767887

They since been re bagged and vacced and will be left sitting at around 35c for the next week or so until I check them.
Cant wait to see how they evolve sounds very sweet at the moment.
The coming months are the most exciting for me.

MrToast

And so the cobbing season starts!

As some of you know, we took down and trimmed up the Zac Tribute on Friday as we were expecting 5 days of storms from Sunday; They arrived today, a day late.

So here we are with a nice bowl of 3 day dried weed (so quite moist but not wet).

View attachment 18767587

This is just under half of the harvest, so less weed than I first thought; But still plenty to make several cobs!
View attachment 18767591

Once it's taken off of the sticks there's 89g

View attachment 18767595
Here's half of it ready to get compressed really tightly into the tube.

View attachment 18767593

View attachment 18767594

Unwrapped and ready for the bag.
View attachment 18767597

I made 2 cobs from the 89g.

View attachment 18767602
So these guys will go into the dehydrator at 45c for 12 hrs.

With these 2 I'm going for a darker cure and hoping for a more spacey edge to the cobs.

In a few more days time I'll do the remaining part of the harvest, which will be by then somewhat drier and will be done using less heat, in an attempt to produce more speedy cobs.

I'll update again tomorrow once I've opened them to dry.
Hombre..
Nice work using the pipe to make your cobs..I was thinking the very same thing…I have another several plants to cob at some point (just drying now)..Was thinking of using the very same technique! 👍

Tangwena

Veteran
Made another 3 this morning.

The Zac Tribute is now a little drier and I will be using less heat to start them off; 35c rather than 45c.

Trying to achieve a more colourful terpy cure.

View attachment 18768409 View attachment 18768410
Oh boy I love the uniform look and from how you describe the flowers aroma a colorful terpy result is going to be heaven in that department haha.
Also cant wait to see how they come out, its like waiting for the next episode of a tv series keep them coming brother this is gold to watch.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Hi @Rotty
@Hombre del mont can you tell me what is the diameter of the tubes you use? These things are looking good. Looking forward to the next update!
Good morning to you @RottyRzr , the tube diameter is 38mm, although I don't consider it that important.
I just like the uniform shape it produces.
Usually I like to turn them more into a rounded brick shape by standing on the vac bag and letting my weight squash it.

I'll post some more pictures once I take them out of the bag later this morning.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
The 3 that I made yesterday spent 12hrs at 35c and this morning they've been taken out of the bags to dry the surface. They certainly aren't wet, but there is some moisture on the surface.
I've given them 1/2hr un bagged in the dehydrator at 35c and they're dry.

Here they are on the right of the picture,
20221013_132614.jpg

Top left is a small 10g cob of a friends Zac tribute and has been made about 2 weeks (I forget, but it doesn't really matter:LOL:)

Bottom left is 40g of a friend's white widow, that's been made almost 2 weeks, I think,

Middle 2 are the Zac tributes I made on Monday.

Everything has been dried up and has been vacced up again.

Now they will all sit on top of my amplifier at around 35c for however long it takes.

I thought I'd have them all out this morning and give them an airing (drying).

Attachments

• 20221013_132637.jpg
    20221013_132637.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Latest posts