What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Here's a few shoots of my future cobs.

They need a little more time yet though!

Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian
View attachment 18761948

View attachment 18761949

View attachment 18761950

View attachment 18761951

View attachment 18761952

Nice NLD type leaves.

Perhaps a little under fed during veg, but I'd sooner err on the side of caution rather than over feed, which I've been known to do in the past.

Been flowering now for about 3 weeks.

Stretching seems to have slowed down now and I'm no longer supercroping daily.

Being fed with a little liquid worm humus with added organic k and 2 days ago were given a weak feed with BAC organic PK.

Day time temps are still hitting 30-32c most days but night time is starting to get chilly, 14c last night.

No rain forecast for the foreseeable.

Today for my second breakfast I will have 0.3g of some very strong 10month old Super Malawi Haze cob.

Have a great day folks!
Looking good brother a long way to go yet but you can see some nice flowers forming.
We hope to have legal personal grows in Australia sometime next year I cant wait to grow a plant like that in the sun the highs are amazing sun grown.

Tangwena

Veteran

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@Tangwena , Legal personal grows!, That'd be awesome!

Sadly the UK is a long way behind, though I believe most police aren't bothered by a little percy grow indoors.

Back in the day of my indoor grows, the police couple living next door knew I was growing and said it was my business what I did in my own home! (they were a lovely couple and we got on really well)

Over here in Spain, I know of at least one member of the local Guadia who grows!

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena , Legal personal grows!, That'd be awesome!

Sadly the UK is a long way behind, though I believe most police aren't bothered by a little percy grow indoors.

Back in the day of my indoor grows, the police couple living next door knew I was growing and said it was my business what I did in my own home! (they were a lovely couple and we got on really well)

Over here in Spain, I know of at least one member of the local Guadia who grows!
I heard Spain has a very adult attitude to your right to do whatever you want in your own home.
I think that the main point is a mans home is his castle and the state has no business in there.
I only need a few big plants to play with and I will be a very happy cobber (pun intended ha ha)
I'm really enjoying the Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian it looks like yours is the right pheno as well.
I had a tiny bit to start the day with and at the peak of euphoria I chewed some seeded Mulanje and it kicked it into hyper drive amazing ride.
I'm really getting into hitting the seeded cob on top of the unseeded.

0x942

4 months aged Jack Flash COB sliced today, insane effect :

1.png
2.png

0x942

Nice supercropping work of art on this plant, well done ! :canabis:

Here's a few shoots of my future cobs.

They need a little more time yet though!

Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian
View attachment 18761948

View attachment 18761949

View attachment 18761950

View attachment 18761951

View attachment 18761952

Nice NLD type leaves.

Perhaps a little under fed during veg, but I'd sooner err on the side of caution rather than over feed, which I've been known to do in the past.

Been flowering now for about 3 weeks.

Stretching seems to have slowed down now and I'm no longer supercroping daily.

Being fed with a little liquid worm humus with added organic k and 2 days ago were given a weak feed with BAC organic PK.

Day time temps are still hitting 30-32c most days but night time is starting to get chilly, 14c last night.

No rain forecast for the foreseeable.

Today for my second breakfast I will have 0.3g of some very strong 10month old Super Malawi Haze cob.

Have a great day folks!

Tangwena

Veteran
Here is a pic of the biggest plants buds still full of seeds that were left in as I collected only those that fell off the plant before and after cure.
This Mulanje and most of the others seem to have come from seeds pollinated by Mad Macs purple leaning Malawi.
The high is very very fast typical MAlawi.
As opposed to the more spaced out Mulanje effects.

Despite being picked early due to my leaving for fishing they are very strong instant hit type high.
The smell fermented is amazing I just love sniffing the buds.
I was going for a golden cure but nature took hold during the 5 days drying it rained every day so they didn't dry nearly as much as I wanted.
Then when I left I vacuum sealed the green buds to dry them at the fishing camp.
But it rained for 4 days when I got there so they didn't dry again.
They ended up well fermented better luck next time ha ha.

They still smell awesome and I had to smoke a joint while fishing. I got to the second toke and that was it I didn't need anymore.
I dont know if its just because they were seeded but they are potent without even being aged.
All my future grows will be lightly seeded as I'm sure now it helps the high.

img_1904-web.jpg
img_1902-web.jpg
img_2048-web.jpg

0x942

Thank you man, you're right about the taste and aroma is complex & pleasant !
Love the colors on this cob at 4 months, cured to perfection in my eyes.
I bet the aroma and taste are amazing.

View attachment 18762593

Today is the *unboxing* (hahaha) of this Zamal X Platinum Cheese COB.
According to the package notes, it's aged from 19/11/21, 10 months+ :

zpc1.png

zpc2.png

zpc3.png

Let's chew it, i'm ready for the ride, haha !

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Oh damn this thread still makes me hungry!

Yesterday I opened 3/4 of the bags after 18std/35C and it’s just unbelievable. I was feeling the magic with the first breath. As I saw no visible sweat I just resealed them and store them now in my little construction at 25-27C.
DAC29FC7-11DB-4EE4-A0DF-8175E3FD4B67.jpeg

D6924A63-1488-4E08-9639-03FC8445BCB4.jpeg
6A41AD6A-8770-450A-8905-B33D93025285.jpeg

This one I resealed this morning after 32 hours.
FDDD5295-D703-4799-B1EE-EBCB94602A62.jpeg

Maschine :ROFLMAO:
0ECB90A5-5B1C-4130-9483-4D7CB5D9CBE3.jpeg

revegeta666

Yesterday I opened 3/4 of the bags after 18std/35C and it’s just unbelievable. I was feeling the magic with the first breath. As I saw no visible sweat I just resealed them and store them now in my little construction at 25-27C.
View attachment 18762711

View attachment 18762712 View attachment 18762713

View attachment 18762714
View attachment 18762715
Nice calle, sorry but could you explain how your "machine" works? I'm not sure from the pictures. Is it just a Tupperware on top of a heat mat? With weights holding it?? Because if this works well I could do the same thing myself.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran

View attachment 18762711

View attachment 18762712 View attachment 18762713

View attachment 18762714
View attachment 18762715
All going well give them 4 weeks in the chamber inspect as often as you like.
Just keep them warm and they should cure golden but it will take 6 to 8 weeks looking at them.
If every time you open the bags the aroma is maturing and changing to your taste just repeat and repeat.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you man, you're right about the taste and aroma is complex & pleasant !

Today is the *unboxing* (hahaha) of this Zamal X Platinum Cheese COB.
According to the package notes, it's aged from 19/11/21, 10 months+ :

View attachment 18762698
View attachment 18762699
View attachment 18762700

Let's chew it, i'm ready for the ride, haha !
WOW! just love that golden color brother, its going so well absolutely beautiful.

I had some golden cured Mulanje prior to going to the dentist for a tooth extraction ha ha.
1.5 hrs into the high I was flying.
The dentist said I was the first customer who had ever laughed during a tooth extraction ha ha.
When I got the numbing shots in my gums it gave me such a head rush I asked her to do the other side as well ha ha.
After a while she asked me how I felt I said "great!" she said no I mean is it numb?
Ha Ha it was a trip. Fellow cobbers will know on the right cob at the 1.5hr mark your still going up ha ha.
As she was wrenching it out I was mentally willing that tooth out of my head ha ha.
Great day.

Last edited:

xet