What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi, anyone grow it?

grayeyes

Sorry, tangwena, didn't take photos as I thought everyone already saw it. Very sativa with wispy buds. Some day I am going to bind and sweat them like you do but this time I did not.

Tangwena

Veteran
Sorry, tangwena, didn't take photos as I thought everyone already saw it. Very sativa with wispy buds. Some day I am going to bind and sweat them like you do but this time I did not.
Brother all the text means nothing without pics I thought you knew that.
Think of this forum as a cartoon comic more illustrations than dialog.
Its so hard to understand without pictures to take our breath away.

funkyhorse

Master Tangwena
Some pictures of Malawi Gold from TRSC
I grew the girls indoors. I made seed I doubt I will ever grow. All plants look same same
Brother all the text means nothing without pics I thought you knew that.
Think of this forum as a cartoon comic more illustrations than dialog.
Its so hard to understand without pictures to take our breath away.
This is the one of the girls
Malawi Gold.jpeg

These are the boys
Boy 1 first picture and boy 2 second picture. I still hold original seed from this bank I will never sprout again. They are charging crazy prices for substandard repros. It seems seeds at the canna world have the same price if it is a very poor repro/copy of one selected pheno of the variety with runts included in the pack or if the breeder worked for years in order to make a strain. I also find interesting that this poor copy is more expensive than the original seed from Afropips. It seems at the canna world poor copies are more expensive than the originals...I cant understand this logic
Malawi Gold RSC Ladyboy.jpeg
RSC Malawi Gold ladyboy.jpeg

have a nice weekend!!

Tangwena

Veteran
Looks OK to me brother I like the purple stems they always get me interested most seeds from Africa have not been worked especially if collected from street bought cobs.
There was plenty of sub standard seeds and cobs even the good stuff depended on a good grower and good cure but they are out there if you have the time.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
funkyhorse, are you saying the seeds from RSC are inferior, or that the strain itself is not that good? I think you mean the seeds?

xet

Just to be clear these guys are talking about real seed company/ kwik seeds malawi gold and not ace seeds malawi. I would love to try some I am a very honest critic I think most weed is not that great I will definitely grab some of these. I also think I am immune to most weed I mean three hits really? I just don't believe it.

I never take three hits of anything maybe three 2 gram joints back to back then I would believe you but that's just me it's how I smoke trying to see how high I can get from each plant 99%are disappointments
I've had my share of buds so potent where a 2nd or 3rd toke will definitely cause you to throw up, they're out there

xet

In my opinion its the standard all good pot should be held to, if you haven't experienced it there is an obvious reason.
I agree with that statement.

The only times it has happened is from home growers who have made selections over many years.

Never commercial crops.

One of them threw about 8 of us into some 30 minute long sort of telepathic giggle fit where nobody said anything and we kept looking at one another and seemingly knew what we were going to say then we would all burst back into laughing/crying incapable of catching our breath. I recall almost vomiting off the potency of the first toke and absolutely recoiling at the idea of a second. The smoke was practically liquid milk and made you sound like darth vader on exhale.

Tangwena

Veteran

The only times it has happened is from home growers who have made selections over many years.

Never commercial crops.

One of them threw about 8 of us into some 30 minute long sort of telepathic giggle fit where nobody said anything and we kept looking at one another and seemingly knew what we were going to say then we would all burst back into laughing/crying incapable of catching our breath. I recall almost vomiting off the potency of the first toke and absolutely recoiling at the idea of a second. The smoke was practically liquid milk and made you sound like darth vader on exhale.
Thats the standard all right brother.

Cactus Squatter

So, no one grows the real stuff?
I grew it last year outdoors and harvested end of December. Ace Regular seed.

Massive plant covered in fluffy buds that had an oily, but weird fruity kind of smell.
Short cured it was very energetic, dance weed.
Just got into it again all morning after curing 6ish months and ended up waking up a few hours later well rested but confused on where I was 😂

grayeyes

Tangwena, picture that funkyhorse posted is exactly the same as mine before harvest. Same variety, same dealer. Don't understand why you insisted on pictures when I had no problem for you to "fix".

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena, picture that funkyhorse posted is exactly the same as mine before harvest. Same variety, same dealer. Don't understand why you insisted on pictures when I had no problem for you to "fix".
Sorry if I offended you I tried not to but I had to see what you were talking about.
A picture paints a thousand words as they say.
Please post pics when you next grow it especially bud pics both cured and uncured it makes the post so much better.

Ravel

Just to be clear these guys are talking about real seed company/ kwik seeds malawi gold and not ace seeds malawi. I would love to try some I am a very honest critic I think most weed is not that great I will definitely grab some of these. I also think I am immune to most weed I mean three hits really? I just don't believe it.

I never take three hits of anything maybe three 2 gram joints back to back then I would believe you but that's just me it's how I smoke trying to see how high I can get from each plant 99%are disappointments

So which ones were the 1%?

Lebanizer

Never commercial crops.

No irony meant but it does sound awesome and hilarious at the same time. I wanna some of that too.

blondie

I have to say, the Malawi I posted about is not bad. Best I’ve grown yet. Last night I filled the chamber on my flowerpot vape once and finished a leftover half. It was not bad at all. High stayed with me for many hours. It’s possible I’m finally mastering the art of Malawi growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts