What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making some edibles from Δ9 but I would like to change that up.

Hi hi.

I would like to start this off by saying thank for all the information that is on here.

I have been playing a little bit with edibles but only with Δ9 distillate. Really potent oil that doesn’t betray you.

I started off by doing gummy’s and just used premade gummy mix that I heard was pretty good. Played around with flavors and potency. I mean yes for sure Δ9 has big effect but I find it sometimes to be too singular, if you know what I mean.

I only but the oil straight in with the right amount when that is time. I mix it together for a good time so it will blend well together.

Are there some ways how you mix the oil in? If so, has that way different effect on the high or? Would love to hear if someone has to say about that.

But the main reason I’m here talking on this thread is that I’m looking to expand the effect of the edibles. Not potent wise but still more depths and complexity in the high. I hope you understand what I mean.

I’ve been looking into of getting full spectrum oil and mix it with Δ9, find a good ratio between them two to create little bit more in the bites and hint of the flavor. Then in bonus I get many of the health benefits from that oil compare to Δ9, isn’t that right?

Mainly I’m playing with gummy or chocolate but I’m experimenting with creation here for future products :)

If somebody can see that I need to be schooled, please speak up 😁

I made this amazing chocolate bar that is my latest edible.

60/40 Belgium dark/milk chocolate
Δ9+ Chili And Icelandic Seasalt.

After I had melted the chocolate in steam bath I put the chili in there and mixed it for a while, took it of the heat and cooled the chocolate down, put it back on the heat and mixed it up little bit more. Then I put the oil in that was warm and runny, I did put in 0.660gr in there so every bite would be around 36mg.

When I had been mixing it for some time I put it in my chocolate mold, tapped on the sides to get rid of bubbles and then I put the sea salt flakes on the bottom. Sprinkled them over the bottom.

The end result was AMAZING. It has this spicy flavor but the sea salt balanced it out just right. Then of course the kick of the 36mg came in quite well.

Here are some picture of them :)

Attachments

• 0818B284-7B44-415B-A360-F7C992134CDF.jpeg
    0818B284-7B44-415B-A360-F7C992134CDF.jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 40
  • F6E2B714-31E7-4C58-BD91-577E65155FE7.jpeg
    F6E2B714-31E7-4C58-BD91-577E65155FE7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 16C0822D-90DD-4824-A686-698193447199.jpeg
    16C0822D-90DD-4824-A686-698193447199.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • ACE15807-3C54-488A-973D-FF64EAE97E1C.jpeg
    ACE15807-3C54-488A-973D-FF64EAE97E1C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 2383BA2B-9978-42E9-93E4-7C291C46D24D.jpeg
    2383BA2B-9978-42E9-93E4-7C291C46D24D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi hi.

I would like to start this off by saying thank for all the information that is on here.

I have been playing a little bit with edibles but only with Δ9 distillate. Really potent oil that doesn’t betray you.

I started off by doing gummy’s and just used premade gummy mix that I heard was pretty good. Played around with flavors and potency. I mean yes for sure Δ9 has big effect but I find it sometimes to be too singular, if you know what I mean.

I only but the oil straight in with the right amount when that is time. I mix it together for a good time so it will blend well together.

Are there some ways how you mix the oil in? If so, has that way different effect on the high or? Would love to hear if someone has to say about that.

But the main reason I’m here talking on this thread is that I’m looking to expand the effect of the edibles. Not potent wise but still more depths and complexity in the high. I hope you understand what I mean.

I’ve been looking into of getting full spectrum oil and mix it with Δ9, find a good ratio between them two to create little bit more in the bites and hint of the flavor. Then in bonus I get many of the health benefits from that oil compare to Δ9, isn’t that right?

Mainly I’m playing with gummy or chocolate but I’m experimenting with creation here for future products :)

If somebody can see that I need to be schooled, please speak up 😁

I made this amazing chocolate bar that is my latest edible.

60/40 Belgium dark/milk chocolate
Δ9+ Chili And Icelandic Seasalt.

After I had melted the chocolate in steam bath I put the chili in there and mixed it for a while, took it of the heat and cooled the chocolate down, put it back on the heat and mixed it up little bit more. Then I put the oil in that was warm and runny, I did put in 0.660gr in there so every bite would be around 36mg.

When I had been mixing it for some time I put it in my chocolate mold, tapped on the sides to get rid of bubbles and then I put the sea salt flakes on the bottom. Sprinkled them over the bottom.

The end result was AMAZING. It has this spicy flavor but the sea salt balanced it out just right. Then of course the kick of the 36mg came in quite well.

Here are some picture of them :)
Damn, you got me craving chocolate now big time. Those look awesome and very tasty. I quit eating sweets because of insulin resistance but I would eat those in a heartbeat. You kicked ass with those. Thanks for sharing your skills with us friend.

Tincandtoke

Hi
Serious edible enthusiast here
Have done full spectrum edibles to distillate infusion
My favorite is an infused rich syrup which I add to various dishes
It can be mixed with hot sauce or sweet & sour mix
Syrup is 50mg guesstimate at 1 teaspoon

IMG_20231111_104229.jpg IMG_20231111_120513.jpg IMG_20231111_121842.jpg IMG_20231119_182245.jpg IMG_20231119_185128.jpg IMG_20231119_185215.jpg

Top row is infused rich syrup with distillate, used 210S to bind the cannabis oil to the sugar water (syrup)
Next row is single stage filtered cannabis tincture being reduced and mixed with coconut oil

With these two infused ingredients I have dosed just about everything

Looking for others to work on methods and test equipment
Nothing budget busting, hand mxers, filtering media and things like that

Tincandtoke

@Tincandtoke I used maltodextrin to bind the oil and sugar water in my method. I am wondering of you ever tried maltodextrin and how it compared to the 210S.

I actually use Maltodextrin to turn my infused coconut oil mixed with bacon grease into infused bacon powder for popcorn and other snacks

The 210S works much better than the Malto
Holds suspension and is a bit easier to distribute with mechanical help
Does not separate in different Temps
Use the same syrup to flavor soda or coffee

IMG_20231214_203101.jpg IMG_20231214_203136.jpg IMG_20231214_203147.jpg

I'm taking a break from patient care so I figured I would work on my edibles
Wanted to to get a group together as the edible sections on the different sites are pretty quiet
Top two infused sodas for the holidays
Butter pecan and caramel apple butter

Tincandtoke

Apologies for the double post but I forgot to mention CBD &CBG cultivars

IMG_20230323_173824.jpg

Using this flower to make tincture which I reduce into coconut oil
Make chocolates for sleep med in place of Ambien for a friend

IMG_20230722_182340.jpg

1 gram distillate syringes
Infusing is so easy

Edit:

This just dropped
Been doing this for 3 years now
He basically makes home made 210S
This is how I make my blended carrier drinks where infused oil and syrup are added to get fast and long lasting effects
Dosed for the day

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts