What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making a Faux-totron

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Anybody remember the old Phototron? One of the original High Times advertised hydroponic growth chambers. The company made outrageous claims regarding yield, but the design was really cool. For the cost of one you could outfit a Room though, and in truth they were best for Mother plants.

Thought it would be fun to build a sloppy copy. Gorilla Clone tent turned sideways plus 18" T5HOs.

0408221603a.jpg

goingrey

Heard about the original in one of the Pot Cast episodes, maybe the Todd McCormick one. Seems like a terrible design but has some 5-star reviews on Amazon, so I guess it isn't. Still, your knockoff is way better.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Remember seeing them in high times. Must have been mid 70's to mid 80's. I remember Ed Rosenthals books which I thought were great at the time, but nothing compared to what I have learned here. My first hydro grow was auto flowers using nothing but miracle grow with no PH meter or PPM meter. Turned out as total crap.

Latest posts

Latest posts