What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnetic Stirrers

mexweed

Veteran
has anyone ever tried using one for mixing small volumes of ice water hash? like instead of a small washing machine that definitely transfers microplastics from the friction, mixing maybe like 7 grams at a time with the stirrer

Dr.Mantis

has anyone ever tried using one for mixing small volumes of ice water hash? like instead of a small washing machine that definitely transfers microplastics from the friction, mixing maybe like 7 grams at a time with the stirrer
I haven’t tried it for ice water hash, but I have lots of experience with mag stirrers. Typically the do not do well with thick solutions/suspensions. In the scientific world, in these situations, “overhead stirrers” are often employed instead.

The problem is usually between the coupling of the stir bar and the plate. Some stir bars are better for this (the star shaped ones are better than the linear ones). Also keep in mind the geometry of your washing vessel. I don’t think the hash itself would be too much, but more so the ice chunks. Maybe if you crushed the ice first?

Latest posts

Latest posts