What's new

magnetic field and ph pen : be aware !

mr noodles

well i just find a shocking reality about my ph pen and cfl light . long story short i have many nearby (less than 48 inch ) and a few under in a drawer converted in mother house .

well the cfl and the electric device got a strong influence on the reading ....it make the reading very low and if i move in another room far from any electric device i got a very different reading .

this is important as fuck because a bad ph ruin any good nutes and fuck the dog with a lot of deficiency . i have yellow leaves and i do by the book and i am a veteran....embarrassing to have a shitload of deficiency after more than 24 years of growing . i searched until i discovered i had different reading when i moved my tank from the mother cabinet . i tough cal mag def,iron,zinc...it was the ph of my water ...false reading when i prepared my solution. i caliber my pen every time i use it .

be aware cfl light produce a strong magnetic field that give false reading and make the pen (hanna) give sporadic different reading like its fucked up...

please take the time to see if you got a different reading when you got away of the cfl . stay away of any electric device when you do you nutes ph check up . same for ec meter

Rhino peace

Had no idea about that.. But since ph pens never really got my heart, using both ph pen, and that ph liquid test thing together was the next logical step.
However, I'll put my pent to the test right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test results
After cleaning the ph pen with appropriated cleaner, wiped it with toilet paper, calibrated it, cleaned it again, wiped it again, and flushed the sensor with my nutrient solution so that no remains of storage/cleaning/calibrating solutions remained in the sensor:

Filled a cup with nutrient solution, inserted the pen and left it inside for 20 seconds. The ph level quickly stabilized at 6.1, and remained there. Then I proceed to move it around the room. Near the water pump, the ph value changed to 5.8, ranging up to 7.2 right next to a MH 400w bulb! Then the cup was put away at least 25 feet from any electric device, and the value quickly stabilized once again at 6.1 ph.

Similar procedure for the EC meter, but it seemed to not be affected.

Last edited:

mr noodles

thanks for the reply rhino !

i also did some test and i was stunned to see how bad it fucked the reading .

my pc is affecting it....modem and all

cfl lights are the worst so far !

i used the calibration solution and the reading went crazy nearby some electric device .the 7 solution went to 5.4 to 8.2 depend on what was around and far from any electric device i had a perfect stable 7 reading .

this might be a serious culprit in the case of the yellow leaves....its the most common problem in the infirmary section . perfect nutes screwed by a false reading is fucking aggravating

be aware . i will even contact hanna about it .

Latest posts

Latest posts