What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

BudToaster

Veteran
I thought you had to harvest before the veil opens for maximum potency.
i don't know for sure - i get it within about 24 hours of dropping the veil - i check the bin several times a day to ensure fresh air exchange. i do see spurts of growth around that time. i also see a richer/darker blue color at/after veil drop when i slice the shrooms. i am guessing that means more psilocybin but i haven't researched that.

Petrochemical

There once was a site made by a riddler..... who had a Crypt Keeper who made chocolates with psychedelic experiences of bounding I'd pick through Papa Smurfs s*** piles to find that dude again

BudToaster

Veteran
just a slow roll ... only 7 shrooms plucked today - i thought it would be only 1 but when i went back later this morning, there were 6 more ready to go. many more babies awaiting.

been leaving the LED on 24 hours to attract the small black fliers toward the sticky pads - seems to be working nicely .... can't tell if it affects the shroom growth or not.

been ignoring the Burma but plan to switch to fruiting on 1 July - two weeks of colonizing the substrate. listed online as having a higher potency than my normal choices.

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Hi folks
The few times i tried a shroom grow kit they stopped growing after i picked the first ones. I was told to pick all at once when the veil opens and only leave the litttle pins but that didn't work.
Also tried to pick the ones with open veil but growth got stunned.
To be honest i didn't give them much attention and had them at summertimes in my room and did handspraying.

How do u proceed all or partial?

BudToaster

Veteran
Hi folks
The few times i tried a shroom grow kit they stopped growing after i picked the first ones. I was told to pick all at once when the veil opens and only leave the litttle pins but that didn't work.
Also tried to pick the ones with open veil but growth got stunned.
To be honest i didn't give them much attention and had them at summertimes in my room and did handspraying.

How do u proceed all or partial?
i pick 'em when they are ready - i.e. veil drop or almost drop. shrooms come in flushes - with 7 to 10 ready to pick each day (this strain) until the mycelium is tired - maybe a week or two - and needs to be recharged (soak in water for 24 hrs).

shrooms grow fast - like when you walk into the yard and there be a giant shroom that wasn't there yesterday - but in a covered tray.

like any grow i check at least once per day. pretty simple. i use Everclear as an antiseptic to clean everything before i fill the tray with substrate + colonized grain jar. easy peasy.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
I miss growing B+
Amazing-looking shrooms and great trip. Would rather pay $100 for a 1/4 ounce than grow. My B+ were like golden dusted and shit...oh how I remember.

BudToaster

Veteran
a little over 20g dry so far - or 4 hero doses.

just picked a nice large one over 21g wet - typically will be 10% of this weight after drying.

BudToaster

Veteran
so, two medium size shrooms today, and it looks like the first flush of Nepal is done. the mycelium causes the substrate to compact and pull away from the sides of the tray, leaving a gap between the substrate and the tray. maybe a dozen tiny shrooms in this gap. a couple of days to finish the drying and i will weigh and grind the first flush fruit.

switching back to colonizing mode - keep the HUMID working, unplug the LED, replace the dome lid with the flat colonizing lid to block oxygen to the mycelium. the mycelium on the surface looks a bit exhausted - compared to the Burma just 3 days into fruiting.

BudToaster

Veteran
well, that was a surprise ... turned out to be 16 massive Nepal shrooms from the gap this morning - quite a growth spurt overnight. took almost an hour to clean and cut and lay out in a tray for 24 hours of air dry. gotta be at least another 20g when dry.

so, now this tray can go back under the colonizing lid for a while. Burma starting to show some growth.

BudToaster

Veteran
looks like the Nepal mycelium doesn't want to rest and regroup - still pumping out the baby shrooms, although it will be several days before the next dozen are ready to pluck.

took a second bunch of 4 Burma shrooms today - total of 8 are air drying - rainy and humid here today.

the drying box is not quite up to the job for that last harvest of Nepal - added a fuckton more desiccant packs - each is 50g - for a total of 20 in a shoe box size bin. even recharged 10 of them in the microwave. hope to get them dried, weighed and in the jar tomorrow.

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
yep ... dry as a cracker. forgot to weight them before they were already half in the collection jar. so, call it 20g.

Burma tray is starting to fruit nicely. Nepal still going, too.

BudToaster

Veteran
Nepal is still producing - 15 shrooms today, some quite large. doing all the daily processing of the fruit is turning into a real job.

Latest posts

Latest posts