What's new

Mag deficiency or not?

senor coconut

Hi all,
I'm running clones of Amnesia Core Cut coming from Austria, now I'm in the 3rd week after turning the lights 12/12.

The plants leaves exhibit red nerves and red stems while bud stems and main stalks are green, I was wondering if it's a kind of deficiency like a Mg one or it's a peculiar trait of this genetics that I don't have to worry about...

Ambient temperatures are in range since they never go below 20° so this shouldn't be due by cold.

I thought about Mg because I'm using 1/4 of (very hard) tap water and 3/4 of R.O. water without any cal/mg supplement.

Here's a couple of pics, I've Epsom salts but I'm not sure if giving them or not since next week I'll give a PK boost.

Thanks in advance!

20240104_223009.jpg

20240104_223050.jpg

stiff

Veteran
If you hit it hard with phosphorus it'll go away..( ec 3.0 or even higher)but once u stop it will come back. As long as the leaves look ok i wouldnt do anything. My plants have all red stems since i switched to led. Fighting it is more work than letting it go

senor coconut

If you hit it hard with phosphorus it'll go away..( ec 3.0 or even higher)but once u stop it will come back. As long as the leaves look ok i wouldnt do anything. My plants have all red stems since i switched to led. Fighting it is more work than letting it go
Thanks mate, I forgot to mention that's the first time I'm flowering with LED lights so, until leaves continue to stay healthy I'll let it go.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Looks more like a phosphorous or nitrogen issue than mag, the purpleing around the petiole is slightly concerning, but they also don't look unhealthy, as stiff said, you'll likely come right with the PK feed... Did they stretch a lot after the flip?

senor coconut

Looks more like a phosphorous or nitrogen issue than mag, the purpleing around the petiole is slightly concerning, but they also don't look unhealthy, as stiff said, you'll likely come right with the PK feed... Did they stretch a lot after the flip?
Now after 3 weeks and half from the flip are about 2 feet tall, they started at 1 foot so they doubled in height.

Terpyterps

Mine also had similar symptoms starting to appear and it stopped once I gave Green Sensation that has NPK ratio of 0-8-9, MSA and CalMag. They don’t usually go away but stop appearing, because most of the time when you see problems manifesting physically they stay there but it stops spreading to other places in the plants. Although I just had few leaves like that, not entire plant.

KIS

Not an obvious Mg deficiency in my opinion. I think P and Iron, but that’s due to fast growth and should correct if there’s sufficient P in soil.

Terpyterps

Another product that might help you here is Plagron Vita Race, it is late veg/early flower folial spray, it has 0-5-8 NPK ratio and has iron in it and it accelerates chlorophyll formation and might be something that helps your plants here. I use that when my plants are starting to transition from veg to flower and use it till they have enough flower formation. Mine loves this product and are very healthy looking and green. I do foliar spraying always when lights go on, but it’s important that you spray your plants till they are dripping water and should spray underneath the leaves also. It’s pretty cheap product and you don’t need more than 5ml/L and it last forever. You might end up using it for 3-4 weeks and apply once a week. Your plants won’t need ton of P even at their peak, around 30-50ppm is all you need in flower. Might want to give them little bit extra calmag when they are transitioning to flower, same time when you are starting your flowering regimen but it is more important when they are in the transition. Later flowering stages not so much, same with PK. PK boosting is old myth and not really useful for cannabis.

Latest posts

Latest posts