What's new

Lowering PH organically

If you want complete pH control then get a good microbial population going. Strong microbes will take care of pH balancing for you.

On the other hand there are less involved solutions. Vinegar is a nice way to drop the pH organically without bothering the nute balance. Pretty much all sources of sulfur will lower the pH. Garden sulfur and Epsom Salts are common sources.

Citric acid (what is sold as"organic" down by Earth Juice), Earth Juice Catalyst is very acidic too while being of extremely low nutritional value. Many ferts are acidic too, sometimes the proper balance of fert and additives can help stabilize it.

Also depends on why your going "up". If your going organic, and it is that your res is climbing up: don't quote me, but I am pretty sure it is from microbes shifting towards a higher ph range for N fixing, and it will be very difficult to control. Definately the microbes at work in organics that cause the shift regardless of why. Classic organic difficulty. That is why N is always the difficulty in pre-bottled organic nutrients. Bio systems are the only systems that truly handle this well- that is what DrunkenMessiah's post will send you in the direction of. He is quite correct as well on those fronts- you'll need to adapt your system to support that level of microbial/plant feeding balance.

Otherwise, it will just keep going up, and your plants won't be too happy either. Might consider nutrient change if that is the case.

M

ME TED

Kombucha works great. Plus it contains B-vitamins and beneficial bacteria. It can be purchased at most health food stores or you can brew your own very easily. Be careful though a little goes a long way.
Here's a link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha
:yeahthats