What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LouDog's LED Lounge

These damn GSP puppies have more energy than 2 of me these days!
Yeah she’s a little super mutt, I fostered her think she is a heeler mix. But her and her siblings were dumped in a box in the side of the road. I plan on grabbing a dna kit to find out. But yeah those gsp are active as all get out lol. Have you taken her swimming?

Beaucephus

I think lou is spot on about the gnats… had them for about a year and was ready to shut down. Then my dumb ass put a calender on room door to mark down exactly when i hit them with bt…3 weeks later not a gnat around.
Good to see u still pumpin it out lou, respect. What’s up fred…

LouDog420

Some ugly looking clones, a couple drooping heavy, but should pop out of it and fill out the LED room even if we lose a few...

OG Chem
Bubblehead
AK 47 f2
Double Strawberry Diesel f2
Cookiewreck x ECSD/OG Chem
RKS x ChemD bx
Violeta
Peyote Purple
Purple Zkittlez x Temple Kush
Don Mega x Red Runtz

My OGC x NYCO is being stubborn and doesn't want to throw roots, but they were a bit cold and wet... She might skip this round...

full

LostTribe

Premium user
Good luck. Every environment and plant is different, so still might take some tweaking. But, that's as good a starting point as any, imo.

I'll push epsom up to 2g/gal also, depending on how they look. So anywhere from 1.6-2.0g/gal.

Also forgot the trusty 0.8ml/gal drip clean

Then I flush 1ish days a week roughly (whenever the res empties, I'll fill it a third full with RO or RO+calmag). This was always the routine with big plants in 10's, so we'll see the difference in 1's, but seems to be good for now.

Day 21
Grow Light Science with a bunch of selected cuts (AK x2, bubblehead, GG4 RIL, OG Chem, Cookiewreck x ECSD/OG Chem)
full

RKS x ChemD bx #11 from Chimera
full

Violeta from Ace/dubi - Purple Malawi x PCK
full
where do you get that white drain screen stuff? I am having issues keeping the root zone warm enough I think and sometimes clones sit in a bit of the nute run off. My flowering is pretty good maybe a bit on the green side. All my issues are clone/veg related....

LouDog420

where do you get that white drain screen stuff? I am having issues keeping the root zone warm enough I think and sometimes clones sit in a bit of the nute run off. My flowering is pretty good maybe a bit on the green side. All my issues are clone/veg related....

That's called egg crate lighting diffusers. They come in 2' x 4' sections and are made for drop ceilings as 4' florescent lighting covers. All plastic and can be cut to size to fit spaces as needed. Definitely a favorite of mine to keep roots from sitting in water.

Meanwhile...
Clones are a bit slow to take off, and grabbed a few more for genetic backup that are a few days to a week behind the rest that are looking a bit more yellow due to the extra time sitting in clone trays. Amplified by the LED, but they're all coming around and throwing roots out the bottoms of the pots. Hoping to squeeze a few of the OGC x NYCO in this round still.

Cleaning out the space and installing new emitters and feed lines since we got a bit lazy last round with particulates that may have snuck by the couple inline filters. Repot maybe later this week/weekend and off to the races...

full

And another TK x Petrol male shot, cause he's a frosty boy...
full

LouDog420

Time to settle in...

Selected Cuts
OG Chem
OGC x NYCO
Cookiewreck x ECSD/OG Chem
AK47 f2 #9
Bubblehead
RKS x ChemDbx
Double Strawberry Diesel f2

Second Round Selections
(3 phenos) Violeta - Purple Malawi x PCK
(3 phenos) Peyote Purple

New hunts
(6 phenos) 100k - White Truffles x Red Runtz
(3 phenos) Gametime - Don Mega x Red Runtz
(5 phenos) Purple Zkittlez x Temple Kush

full

Row 1
full

Row 2
full

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Looking good as usual (y)
Do you think this grow style would work with pumice? I'm looking at all the pros and cons such as available local materials, ferts required etc and whether it would work on long growing Sativa

Last edited:

LouDog420

Nothing special about this style, just simple hydro with salts that should work with any soil-less medium (coco, rockwool, hydroton, etc). Should work with any other medium type assuming you've dialed in your feed and watering frequency. For long growing sativa, just flip sooner depending on your overhead space.

Good vibes,
LD

LouDog420

Thanks Mars, they were vegged under a FC-E 8000.

Vinyl tubing instead of the more rigid PE, first time with flexible drip lines, and oh my, I'm in love...

A few plants showing some bleaching under the spectrum king that we can't dim and lower humidity compared to their previous home in a tent. Should grow out of it by the time we flip... The AK likes to ease into new spaces.

Keep on keeping on...

full

LouDog420

Flip day...

Row 1, from top down
-Keeper Clones, AK, Bubblehead, and OG Chem-
-Purple Zkittlez x Temple Kush-
-Purple Zkittlez x Temple Kush-
-Violeta-
-DSD-
-Peyote Purple-
-Peyote Purple-
full

Row 2, top to bottom
-Cookiewreck X, RKSD, OGNYCO-
-Don Mega x Red Runtz-
-100k-
-100k-
- CWX and RKSD-
full

LouDog420

Day 10... Have been letting the grow run on autopilot, so a bit neglected. Finally refilled the CO2 tank after ppm's dropped into the high 100s. Now set for 650 since gas costs seem to keep going up... I normally don't go over 850, and little benefit imo over 1000...

Still need to clean some of the lowers on the hardest to reach plants along the wall. Trellis in place. Lights at full blast aside from the 850 grow light science, I keep her dimmed down a notch.

Bumped watering events to 6x daily cause the girls are thirsty.
Sitting at 2.6-2.8ec. Numbers below per gallon
Jacks A - 4.80g
Jacks B - 3.20g
N-calmag - 4.80ml
armor si - 1.08ml
epsom - 2g
mkp - 1.33g
plantprod micro - 0.13g
drip clean - 0.72ml

Just starting to stack flowers. Excited to see what's coming out of the new varieties (100k, Purple Zkittlez x Temple Kush, Don Mega x Red Runtz)

We're also running the violeta sensi for the first time (last round was a full violeta open pollination with all the girls and a bunch of other gear in the room - check "beans 4 st jude" on og). Kept 3 phenos, one dark purple/black with heavy pine and two others with purples/pinks smelling of grape bubblegum and fruit sweetness.

Can't forget about the peyote purple from cannabiogen. Popped 3 packs from mid 2010's and got 1 plant up from each pack, bummer... Hopefully there's a decent one in the 3 we got to pop, and sure enough all ladies, typical for the PP. Two of each, the six plants up front, right tray, with big old jurassic looking leaves...

full

Last edited:

cola

Well, here we are IC. Hopefully some friendly faces are still around and pop into say hi. There was a LouDog's Lounge about a decade ago, but we're moving into the 21st century with the new LEDs... So welcome to LouDog's LED Lounge.

I've been mucking around on IG and Overgrow for the past year or so... Neither have all the features that I want. IG, the platform is stuck in a 'look at me' loop without the feedback and collaboration with other growers that makes the forums so valuable. The constant threat of having all your pics and account deleted doesn't help.

I have a project up on Overgrow called Beans 4 St Jude where we're donating seeds to anyone that makes a donation to St. Jude Children's Hospital. But even that forum site, they shut off your ability to edit posts after a certain amount of time, meaning I can't go back to the first post and update info, create a table of contents, delete content, etc.

So, we're back. IC isn't perfect, but it's as close to home as I've found. Hoping the new forum upgrade fixes a lot of those mission critical problems that made the last update all but unusable and people start to migrate back. It's the users that ultimately make the forum.

Here, we'll be chronicling the conversion of our existing bare bulb vert HID room to an LED room. We'll be testing 4 different LED brands in flower in the same space. We'll have at least one cut of something tried and true under each light to get a good comparison. Lights getting the test:
  • Growers Choice ROI E-720
  • Spectrum King 680W
  • Grow Light Science ProGrow 850
  • Total Grow MH Lumyre 720
  • We'll also have a Mars Hydro FC-E 8000 running veg in a 5' x 5' space...

The already built out treehouse is roughly 10' x 9' flowering space. Lots of great discussion and guidance from my man DHF on the thread below following that build and the first run or two...

We've been running that space consistently since our last post. We just breached 1g/w with a few select phenos. Consistently pulling 7lb/run out of 4kw with super tight and low 6.5' to 7' ceilings... Without the ceiling restriction, I think we'd be hitting 2lb/light all day, everyday. Pruning and strain selection are key for growing those trees. The last run hit 1.5lb plants with Tony Green's Bubblehead under only 666w.

Stay tuned, build conversion coming soon. We'll throw down some custom tables to fit the space, then convert the HIDs to LED and off to the races. T-minus two weeks till we reload.

Some pics to keep ya interested in the meantime...

Sour Jack from Karma

OG Chem from Ganja D/Ganja Rebel/Rebel Grown

And always tossing pollen....
View attachment 18759522

Good vibes all,
LD
Ahh, Yes! Gotta have the male room. And, nice looking too. You sure know how to keep your garden green friend!

Latest posts

Latest posts