What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Loudest strains you've ever come across?

linde

80s SSSC Friesland that my dad used to grow outdoors in Northern Michigan. Brought a bud with me to school left in my locker. I could smell it from the other end of the wing. Stunk up the whole school. One bud! I haven't smelt anything that pungent since the mid 90s. Some of them late 80s/early 90s Skunks were crazy loud. None of this new glamour weed comes close. None of it.....Sorry kids you missed out!

1: Seed from a midsouth friend of my moms. Almost pure skunk, but with extra 'low tide' terpiederps. Ass Cash or Grass Kush #4

2: Seed from a southern friend of my moms. Sour shit piss cheese garlic and cedar. Bobo the Cat #69

3: Chemdawg x OG F2. Not sure which. Lemon fuel hair salon. Perm #2

These are the 3 that cannot be contained by any jar lid. Not even a jar within a jar inside a vaccum bag, blessed by a priest.

Almost forgot: "Sensi star", was so loud we had to take two cars to pick up a 1/unit, because it left a stink trail any cop would pick up on from a 1/4 mile. Pure dead body weed funk. Renamed it RKS.

LOL I added fake names since that's all people care about.

Mithridate

Ive grown quite a few stinkers but #1 has the be that one plant from a pack of bomb seeds kush bomb.

It was loud while growing but once drying/dried it was ridiculous.

Funnily enough, i had bought that pack to reach the next plateau of freebies with an order. 😂

Landrace_seeds

80s SSSC Friesland that my dad used to grow outdoors in Northern Michigan. Brought a bud with me to school left in my locker. I could smell it from the other end of the wing. Stunk up the whole school. One bud! I haven't smelt anything that pungent since the mid 90s. Some of them late 80s/early 90s Skunks were crazy loud. None of this new glamour weed comes close. None of it.....Sorry kids you missed out!
hello comrade! do you think this is also the same line that the real seed company now offers? Thank you for your reply!

Gazman

1: Seed from a midsouth friend of my moms. Almost pure skunk, but with extra 'low tide' terpiederps. Ass Cash or Grass Kush #4

2: Seed from a southern friend of my moms. Sour shit piss cheese garlic and cedar. Bobo the Cat #69

3: Chemdawg x OG F2. Not sure which. Lemon fuel hair salon. Perm #2

These are the 3 that cannot be contained by any jar lid. Not even a jar within a jar inside a vaccum bag, blessed by a priest.

Almost forgot: "Sensi star", was so loud we had to take two cars to pick up a 1/unit, because it left a stink trail any cop would pick up on from a 1/4 mile. Pure dead body weed funk. Renamed it RKS.

LOL I added fake names since that's all people care about.
What year was that Sensi Skunk

sleazyB

I had a arcata trainwreck x 91 skunk Va from Cannaventure that stunk to high heaven . I lost it due to a bad bag of happy frog . I have a few of his arcata trainwreck s1s in veg now . Im all about the stank.

Synthettek

Garlic Cookies (GSC x Chemdawg) the GMO cut. GMO = garlic, mushrooms, and onions. This shit is by far the smelliest shit I've ever grown. The last two weeks of flower gets intense and then after chop and trimming my whole basement stinks.

St. Phatty

Once I carried 5 ounces of bud on a Southwest Airlines flight from SF to San Diego.

I was wearing a big ski parka.

Nobody said anything but probably some people smelled it.

Sometimes triple-bagging is not enough. I used to triple bag for all travel on bus, trains, airplanes, etc.

How many layers of bags are needed to mask the smell of the smelliest strains ?

Also, polyethylene bags are not always the best for masking smell.

The chemical in old fashioned, original saran wrap works better BUT they don't make baggies from Saran Wrap plastic, AKA polyvinylidene chloride.

You could use a welded metal enclosure, but that tends to upset the TSA.

Flying was so much more FUN before 9-11.

St. Phatty

Grove Bags
Grove Bags

:) :) :)

Do they test them with police dogs or sensitive chemical analytical equipment ?

They look good but it's all about the material.

As a crude "macro" example, recycled Polyethylene SUCKS for restraining Vapors Smells etc.

I bought a 20 x 100 foot 6 mil black roll at Home Depot.

I was hoping to use some to collect rainwater.

It turns out there's all these tiny pinholes that make it less easy.

I finally cut the plastic film down to 5 foot square pieces, and maybe 1 out of 3 of those - with some Gorilla tape patches - are good enough to hold water.

I tie them to trees in places that are super stealth. It works good but it was quite a struggle dealing with the tiny holes.

I mention it because plastics, at the molecular level, SORT OF have tiny holes, that let smells through, unless it's a high quality plastic like maybe Grove uses.

Do you know what kind of plastic they make them out of ?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Nice thread, it's nice to see what other growers and smokers have experienced. Of all the different strains I've grown and smoked there is a few who really stand out on the smell department to the point of being too much.
First I'd place the Blood Orange from Bodhi, a cross of Aeric77 CaliO x Appalachia, the keeper from my pack had an insanely strong smell of orange/clementine mixed with a back ground of pungent Chem hybrid type of smell, she was definitely the strongest smelling and tasting plant I've ever had, it was so smelly that it was overwhelming sometimes and almost disgusting because of the strenght of the smell and taste when smoked. I have no access to lab analysis but this plant had an insane amont of terpenes, I think real hybrid of the CaliO have a real potential for exceptional odors, like Jillybean or Agent Orange that I've also grown but the Blood Orange of Bodhi was really above, I kept this clone going for 5 years but I could not keep her longer by lack of space sadly.
The 2nd strongest smelling plant is more a family, the Diesel line, I've had a few extraordinary strong smelling plants with Sour D genes. the first one i've grown was WhiteDiesel of white Label she's sold a cross and Diesel x white something but I'm pretty it's a S1 of NYCD as this clone was easily available in EU in O7/08 when I bought the seeds. They were very strong smelling even in veg, they had an very strong lemon odor from the very first week of growth anf once in the last weeks of flowers it had evolved in a powerful fuel smell, so trong that once again it could be too much to take and some found it disgusting(like me). I also had some Sour Jack with exceptional terpenes level and finally some HeadBanger (Sour D x Biker Kush) I've had some very impressive females coming from this cross.So I think the Sour Diesel genetic is also a very good provider of extra smelling plants.
Finally the last plant to impress me with its smell was a Colombia Gold male, I have no idea if it was the real deal or not, it was coming from freebees of World of Seeds who have a bit too many strains in their catalogue to be 100% truthful. But I've grown 2 seeds labeled Colombia Gold and the male was super loud smelling in veg, a wonderful lime type of odor, I've made some seeds with this male just because of its smell and the progeny did not disappoint specialy the HeadBanger x Colombia Gold, I had some wonderful girls from this cross with buds smelling of Lime/passion fruit mixed with gasoline/kushy smell it was lovely.
This is my top 3 the last 20 years I'd say.