What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looks like Ohio's finally setting up shop

Joint Lock

sad thing is u can be on xanax and vallum and other bullshit and still own firearms . The medical law is a joke in ohio . No flowers no home grows . Go fuck yourself medical law

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
sad thing is u can be on xanax and vallum and other bullshit and still own firearms . The medical law is a joke in Ohio . No flowers no home grows . Go fuck yourself medical law

Yeah, no kidding right? It really makes no sense. Why can't you own guns but just follow the law of don't have them out while you're under the influence just like narcotic meds or alcohol?
Why does the government hate weed so much? I support the law because it's progress but the more things change the more they stay the same... Still think the legalization bill a few years back would have been better. Just my opinion as I know many didn't agree with the RO bill.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Ohio fucked up when they voted down RO. Now, Ohio is the only state that has legal marijuana but it is still illegal to smoke it. Only vape or edibles. WTF!!

No home grow.

Worst cannabis law in the country.

Kushron

Long time coming

Long time coming

Ohio is a big time War on Drugs date I have been a victim of the laws. I got pulled over with an 8er and grinder In 2014 and was facing a one-year suspension and up to $500 in fines I'm glad to see this coming which will allow patients to get their medicine and hopefully allow a law enforcement to focus their efforts in the proper directions

Ringodoggie

Premium user
One of the regs in Ohio require all grow ops, processors, testing facilities and dispensaries to have cameras that cover every square foot of the facility and the camera feed goes directly to the government.

Do all the states have that? Seems kind of creepy. Talk about Big Brother watching.

G

The guns issue will go to the scotus. Just because some left wing Clinton/bammy appointee on some kangaroo like the 9th circus said its ok doesn't mean it will hold up. It won't.

JustSumTomatoes

It could be worse, cannabis could be completely illegal like in most of the U.S. Keep in mind that Ohio still has some of the least harsh penalties for pot compared to any other state in the region.

It's just plain goofy how every state is so wildly different in their laws. For example, possession of 2-6 ounces of bud in Colorado is a misdemeanor that carries a fine of $700 and the possibility of up to a year in prison. In Ohio possession of less than 100 grams (a little over 3 ounces) is still a misdemeanor with a $150 fine with no risk of incarceration. In Michigan, also a medical state, possession of any quantity is a MM with a $2000 fine and a 1 year prison sentence. Caught in a park? Same fine but now you're looking at a possible felony and 2 years in prison.

Ohio's laws could be better, but they could still be worse. Let's continue to work towards better.

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

The guns issue will go to the scotus. Just because some left wing Clinton/bammy appointee on some kangaroo like the 9th circus said its ok doesn't mean it will hold up. It won't.

Kind of crazy to think about but by registering yourself as a medical user you put yourself on the same grounds as a felon and forfeit your protection by the constitution. Looks like they finally found a way to do gun control.

Actually you're not even allowed to vape. No combustible forms are legal at this point in time. It could be worse, cannabis could be completely illegal like in most of the U.S.

I don't know who told you this, but that's not what the law actually says. Here's the section of the bill that passed direct from the Ohio Administrative Code:
3796:8-2-01 Authorized medical marijuana forms and methods of administration.

(A) Pursuant to section 3796.06 of the Revised Code, approved medical marijuana products include the following forms and routes of administration:
(1) Oil, tincture, capsule, or edible form for oral administration;
(2) Metered oil or solid preparation for vaporization;
(3) Patches for transdermal administration or lotions, creams, or ointments for topical administration; and
(4) Plant material for administration with the use of vaporizing devices.
(B) The following limitations apply to vaporizing devices used to administer medical marijuana:
(1) No vaporizing device, the design of which places medical marijuana in direct contact with the device's heating element, may be used to vaporize the resin contained within, or an extract of, medical marijuana;
(2) Vaporizing devices shall not be capable of being heated to temperatures at which medical marijuana plant material will burn.
Effective: 9/8/2017
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/08/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3796.04
Rule Amplifies: 3796.04 , 3796.06

(direct from the medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov and OAC website)

In Ohio possession of less than 100 grams (a little over 3 ounces) is still a misdemeanor with a $150 fine with no risk of incarceration.

While this is true, there's another fun fact, you can actually have up to 200grams and still be a misdemeanor.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(3)(b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) of this section, possession of marihuana is a minor misdemeanor.
(b) If the amount of the drug involved equals or exceeds one hundred grams but is less than two hundred grams, possession of marihuana is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
(c) If the amount of the drug involved equals or exceeds two hundred grams but is less than one thousand grams, possession of marihuana is a felony of the fifth degree, and division (B) of section 2929.13 of the Revised Code applies in determining whether to impose a prison term on the offender.

Ohio's laws could be better, but they could still be worse. Let's continue to work towards better.

While this is true, I think you've been looking at some bad information. It's not nearly as restrictive as you may think. There's basically nowhere you're allowed to have as much flower as you're allowed to in Ohio. Also research has shown that Ohio is one of the least likely to prosecute for marijuana offenses in the country just behind California in terms of legitimate statistical amount of arrests/prosecutions of cannabis (just do a quick search of the actual statistics).

No medical marijuana state allows gun possession protections for MMJ users... Also it's illegal to operate firearms while intoxicated on Alcohol, Narcotics, or any other substance and I've personally known of several drunk rednecks who were acting like dumbasses while under the influence and got there firearms taken away, that's everywhere in America... Also best way to never worry about that issue is to not own firearms and not make the kind of enemies who would be trying to break into your house in the first place..

Colorado and Washington both require cameras everywhere in grow facilities and dispensaries, pretty sure LICENSED Oregonian grows do as well. I know California didn't before, but they probably require it under their new bill. That's basically standard in all marijuana states at this point besides Michigan.

While it's not the best, it's better than the RO monopoly scheme and this bill is easily amended if people actually take the time to get out there and have someone write updated codes and get the signatures to pass them.

Could be alot worse... Alot..

-Life

JustSumTomatoes

You are right LifeisGrowing. I apologize for the misinformation and thank you for calling it out. I will definitely make sure to have my facts straight before posting info in the future and will correct that post. When the bill was first being signed into law I remember reading that Kasich was concerned about it becoming a means for people to smoke pot and specifically stated that smoking would not be included in the law (makes sense from a medical standpoint). For some reason this registered in my mind as no inhaling of pot allowed. Obviously I was wrong.

I'm well aware that less than 200 grams in Ohio is also a MM but wanted to make a comparison between how penalties in Colorado (a legal rec. state) were more harsh for the same amount of bud than in Ohio (an illegal rec. state). I definitely agree that Ohio is gentler than most other states in the enforcement and penalties of its cannabis laws.

Didn't mean to single out Ohio for not allowing firearms for registering as a medical user. This is a federal ordinance that prohibits anyone who uses pot from owning/operating guns and applies to all states regardless of local law. It is unlawful and just plain stupid to operate a gun while intoxicated by anything, but I do not agree that registering as a MJ patient should be grounds to forfeit a constitutional right. People can have all the alcohol in a household that they want along with their guns as long as the guns are put away when the booze comes out. MJ really needs to removed from being a schedule I drug and should be regulated by the ATF to allow for this, but that is a topic all of its own.

Yes, it would be best to follow the law as a new MJ patient and not worry about getting busted for having firearms with your weed, but people own firearms for reasons other than just self defense (hunting, competition, recreation) and a home invasion can happen regardless if one has enemies or not.

I agree that medical facilities should have government oversight and be well regulated for the safety of patients and everyone involved in the medical MJ program. I think that the flexible nature of the law allowing new qualifying conditions to be added with the proper documentation and approval is also a positive.

Hopefully Ohio will have a bright future for cannabis with the startup of its new medical law and will present opportunities for legalization of recreational MJ and hemp down the road.

Joint Lock

Ohio is a big time War on Drugs date I have been a victim of the laws. I got pulled over with an 8er and grinder In 2014 and was facing a one-year suspension and up to $500 in fines I'm glad to see this coming which will allow patients to get their medicine and hopefully allow a law enforcement to focus their efforts in the proper directions

u could be doin years in others states for 3.5g and a grinder lol . Also u pled not guilty instead of taking the 150$ fine like a re re .JS Anything under 100g is 150$ fine . Yetu chose to fight it and lost smfh

ilynnboy

Ohio fucked up when they voted down RO. Now, Ohio is the only state that has legal marijuana but it is still illegal to smoke it. Only vape or edibles. WTF!!

No home grow.

Worst cannabis law in the country.

Sadly I agree.
All my headie friends voted No because of the lies and bullshit...
Ya No Home grows and No buds is WAAAYYY Better...
Smart bunch we have here in Ohio..
:thank you:for not voting in grow rights or smokable buds...

MCGold

Sadly I agree.
All my headie friends voted No because of the lies and bullshit...
Ya No Home grows and No buds is WAAAYYY Better...
Smart bunch we have here in Ohio..
:thank you:for not voting in grow rights or smokable buds...

really you think it's a good idea to have a monopoly when the Fed. Gov. has laws that make monopolies illegal? really smart people voting in a well informed way.