What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for update on smart shop status

vinevamp

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can provide an update on the status of smart shops ability to sell fresh mushrooms in Amsterdam. I know a ban was being talked about and I've seen posts on here about a couple being closed due to selling dried and other incidents.

I found on the web an article from June 2008 that implied the ban was being discussed but hadn't actually happened yet.

Any news on this topic would be most welcome. Hoping to be in Amsterdam in the spring and hoping this item is still an option then.

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mr.haze420 said:
shrooms are still here and not going away anytime soon

Excellent news.. Thanks for the update!

Wasn't looking forward to tracking down the guy on the bridge who has acid in addition to "cocaine..? extaccccceeee..?" :muahaha:

Last edited:

Boston Bud

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about the "best" smart shops. I know a lot has to do with opinion, but what shops are known for having consistently good quality?

mr.haze420

Veteran
there is a shop on the halevmaansteeg between the amstel river and the rembrandt square, american owned and has a lot of different varieties,

Rickutr

No much difference between the smartshops. Was living in Utrecht for a year and they had the same 6-7 types up to Hawaiian at the shops in that town as in most all Amsterdam smartshops.

DS_Mokum

Seems everybody can enjoy the shrooms some longer.

In the beginning the minister wanted to forbid them in a second. That didn't work. Then vacation came (summer) and they made it a priority for after the vacation. But at this moment it's still not on the list for a debate in the parliament. They got more important stuff to talk about this moment I guess...

Shrooms will make it until 2009 I think. Nobody expected that the beginning of this year. And there is still the possibility of course they're not made illegal at all. Not very likely though...

Tokermon

there would be a funny side to shrooms being made illegal, the street pushers would have a new word to say, 'psst..u want coca? exta? fungi?'