What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for that PINE!

browntrout

Veteran
nice...i think it's called the gg5. gg2xgg3. pretty hard to find unless u make yourself. ya the freeze and friesland are hit and miss....mostly miss. I've been searching for 15 yrs to replace the old late 80s friesland i grew for years and nothing is coming close. too bad was my favorite strain of all time. keep us posted on your 79 Xmas. hope u get a tasty pheno.
Yes I made the GG#5 from the #2 and #3 myself. Some day a fella should make some hash from the 5 and see how it turns out. Glad to have all 3 lines now and lots of seed.

linde

Yes I made the GG#5 from the #2 and #3 myself. Some day a fella should make some hash from the 5 and see how it turns out. Glad to have all 3 lines now and lots of seed.
real gorilla has both 2 and 3. what did u like better about #2? which one has better flavor? I might grab one the other or both for future breeding projects.

browntrout

Veteran
real gorilla has both 2 and 3. what did u like better about #2? which one has better flavor? I might grab one the other or both for future breeding projects.

#2 for certain, is earlier, much stronger smell and flavour. It’s old school, kinda affy with a spice cupboard smell as has been describe before, complex mix of spices but definitely some affy petroleum/grease smells, I did notice indoors that there were some orange rind mixed in with some phenos. The #3 is kinda similar but much less fragrant. The 2x3 was much better then 3 alone imo.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
PTK is sexed: 9 girls :nono: 1male. Will report back whether I find (heavy) pine terps or not. Of the nine there was one plant to show as female way before the others were sexed. Looks different from her sisters; the other eight look as though they could be clones.

Some of you might be interested to know that CannaVenture Seeds has Romulan S1 as an option for freebies right now, if you buy two packs (sale going on right now). I asked Rusty if I could expect to find pine terps and this was his reply, "The Romulan is nice... It's got a piney smell but with some funk, mostly piney with some garlic like terps. It's very unique. Not sweet at all. It's old school genetics." I chose Romulan for my freebies and while it sounds like straight pine is unlikely, I still love the sound of his description and will likely be popping a couple soon. If real lucky maybe there'll be a pine smelling male in the regular seeds of Romulan.

linde

#2 for certain, is earlier, much stronger smell and flavour. It’s old school, kinda affy with a spice cupboard smell as has been describe before, complex mix of spices but definitely some affy petroleum/grease smells, I did notice indoors that there were some orange rind mixed in with some phenos. The #3 is kinda similar but much less fragrant. The 2x3 was much better then 3 alone imo.
I ended up ordering patriot medicine x gg3,. Mighty gold and dfg with maff freebies. The patriot has gg3 in it and the mighty gold has gg2 in it. Both crossed with skunk. Hoping to find some old school early genetics. how are the 79' Xmas coming along?

EastCoastGambit

PTK is sexed: 9 girls :nono: 1male. Will report back whether I find (heavy) pine terps or not. Of the nine there was one plant to show as female way before the others were sexed. Looks different from her sisters; the other eight look as though they could be clones.

Some of you might be interested to know that CannaVenture Seeds has Romulan S1 as an option for freebies right now, if you buy two packs (sale going on right now). I asked Rusty if I could expect to find pine terps and this was his reply, "The Romulan is nice... It's got a piney smell but with some funk, mostly piney with some garlic like terps. It's very unique. Not sweet at all. It's old school genetics." I chose Romulan for my freebies and while it sounds like straight pine is unlikely, I still love the sound of his description and will likely be popping a couple soon. If real lucky maybe there'll be a pine smelling male in the regular seeds of Romulan.

Only popped 3 of the Xmas Bud due to limited space but I have 2 that are twins and one much taller and lankier that I thought would be male that actually is female. The other two are squat and bushy.

Radicle Rye

Hows everyone doing? My X mas bud plants are coming along. Think 2 of 3 are female. Going to move them into flower room soon, still knocking up the Skywalker Kush with Romulan pollen.

Peace
Doing well! I have almost all the friesland dried and cured. I had four plants. Waiting to have all of it ready to do a proper taste test. I'll keep everyone posted soon.

browntrout

Veteran
I ended up ordering patriot medicine x gg3,. Mighty gold and dfg with maff freebies. The patriot has gg3 in it and the mighty gold has gg2 in it. Both crossed with skunk. Hoping to find some old school early genetics. how are the 79' Xmas coming along?

The 79’ Xmas bud has some of the tightest/hardest outdoor buds I’ve seen. Extremely resilient to mold to boot, decent resin production for an old strain. It definitely has terpinolene in it, albeit in a slightly different nose then im used to. It’s less sharp, maybe more creamy/piney?? See what it’s like when it’s dry.

Likely a first week of October from seed plant at 45N

The two hybrids I’ve made with it MoBlueberry/GG2 and NL5Haze GG2 should be interesting… especially the NL5Haze/GG2, high hopes for that, some old genetics at play there.

Plants with Terpinolene don’t seem to mold nearly as much, how the two are related im not sure, maybe the bugs don’t like them. Small bites/bug damage seems to cause bot/mold to start, maybe correlated I dunno.

linde

The 79’ Xmas bud has some of the tightest/hardest outdoor buds I’ve seen. Extremely resilient to mold to boot, decent resin production for an old strain. It definitely has terpinolene in it, albeit in a slightly different nose then im used to. It’s less sharp, maybe more creamy/piney?? See what it’s like when it’s dry.

Likely a first week of October from seed plant at 45N

The two hybrids I’ve made with it MoBlueberry/GG2 and NL5Haze GG2 should be interesting… especially the NL5Haze/GG2, high hopes for that, some old genetics at play there.

Plants with Terpinolene don’t seem to mold nearly as much, how the two are related im not sure, maybe the bugs don’t like them. Small bites/bug damage seems to cause bot/mold to start, maybe correlated I dunno.
Thanks for the update. Sounds similar to my 79' except mine were a week or so quicker. Kind of an earthy or spicy type of pine. Not the sharp floral skunky pine most old timers think of. I am going to cross her with my patriot medicine X gg#3 before the seeds get to old and I lose her. Definitely a worn out ibl strain that needs some new blood in it and I'm hoping the patriot medicine is the right match.

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks for the update. Sounds similar to my 79' except mine were a week or so quicker. Kind of an earthy or spicy type of pine. Not the sharp floral skunky pine most old timers think of. I am going to cross her with my patriot medicine X gg#3 before the seeds get to old and I lose her. Definitely a worn out ibl strain that needs some new blood in it and I'm hoping the patriot medicine is the right match.
If you’re around 40-42N then that would make sense for timing. All though when seeded things finish at different times it seems, and personal preference on when to take. I like to let the indicas go long.

Not familiar with the pat med, but should work well with GG3 in it for outdoor, GG3 did breed much better then it was by itself.

linde

If you’re around 40-42N then that would make sense for timing. All though when seeded things finish at different times it seems, and personal preference on when to take. I like to let the indicas go long.

Not familiar with the pat med, but should work well with GG3 in it for outdoor, GG3 did breed much better then it was by itself.
Patriot med is simply an old skunk #1 crossed with gg#3 and then back to gg#3. Ive seen it called guerrilla skunk from high rise seeds. Breeder brad stuff. Then real gorilla seeds took it over.

linde

Also got some old Timewarp I'd like to get mixed into the 79'. That will give it stretch and bigger colas while keeping harvest in September up here at 45th parallel.

browntrout

Veteran
Also got some old Timewarp I'd like to get mixed into the 79'. That will give it stretch and bigger colas while keeping harvest in September up here at 45th parallel.

Timewarp is an interesting one, have grown some S1's and hybrids, kinda reminded me of kc33. Seemed like a dominant breeding inbred variety and hard to get to play nice for the hybrids i grew. the '79 may be well suited for a mating to TW. I take it you'd induce the timewarp as the male?

linde

Timewarp is an interesting one, have grown some S1's and hybrids, kinda reminded me of kc33. Seemed like a dominant breeding inbred variety and hard to get to play nice for the hybrids i grew. the '79 may be well suited for a mating to TW. I take it you'd induce the timewarp as the male?
I'm thinking that will work best.

linde

The time warp I have crosses surprising well. I've made chemdog and pine tar kush crosses and in both cases the offspring took on the larger cola, structure and earliness of the Time warp but retained the flavor and terpine of the female. Might be just what the Xmas bud needs.

browntrout

Veteran
The time warp I have crosses surprising well. I've made chemdog and pine tar kush crosses and in both cases the offspring took on the larger cola, structure and earliness of the Time warp but retained the flavor and terpine of the female. Might be just what the Xmas bud needs.
I like the idea of PTK or Chem x '79!. sounds perfect then. I'd like to see about 100 F2's of '79 x Deep Chunk, Indica City.

Latest posts

Latest posts