What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for post mentioned led 5 yr warranty

blondie

I saw a post like 4-5 days ago that mentioned a led light. Poster said 5 yr warranty and some Instagram name for contact. I forgot the name and lost the post. Anyone ???

goingrey

The search feature is on the top right corner of the site btw, magnifying glass icon.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the best build LED light I've seen so far.. It has a 5 year warranty. It is not cheap at 1200$
Tarantula Vulcan
Project1.png

Designed for Commercial production, vertical racks, low ceilings and grow tents
Highest Efficiency 2 Channel Full Spectrum in the world
2.9 μmol/j
730nm Separate Channel Spectrum
IP 66 Waterproof
Knob Dimming
Compatible with all controllers through RJ12 port
The main Driver is an Inventronics EUM-680
The secondary Channel Driver is a Mean Well XLG-75
5 Year Warranty

blondie

Thanks guys. Found it. Honestly... not sure why but search function did not come to mind. Another wonderful aspect of my health I’m afraid. Thanks for phrasing politely.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Search never works for me.

A 5 year warrantee on technology that is improving constantly. Who wants a 5 year old light?

Reactions: xet

Vandenberg

I recently purchased a mars hydro fc-e6500 which is a high performance 730 w LED unit with very good build quality for under 500 USdollars delivered online price (July 2022) with a new customer discount.
With Its 6 diodes per watt, these units deliver excellent enviable performance.
The Mars Hydro FC-E6500 is a current standout in the value for your money department.
They threaten to have a 5 year warranty with the first six months an all inclusive warranty (shipping both ways, repair costs or replacement...) Long term terms not very generous though, a pay if you want them to play down the road game for the most part if you read the small print.
The warranty is the only thing that needs an upgrade with this product.
I would buy this light again.
One should be sure to save every scrap of the packaging material box to repack for warranty claims if needed, they're fuussy about still being in a as new condition if you have any hope of having a satisfaction guaranteed return within thirty days offer honored.

Happy gardening with your new LED whatever brand you decide on.
The "Migro" brand has top quality lights that are of excellent quality that come very highly recommended by many and are available in Europe and the US. I do believe.
Photontek is another brand certainly worthy of consideration.

Good luck,
Vandenberg

Last edited:

xet

A 5 year warrantee on technology that is improving constantly. Who wants a 5 year old light?
It can depend. Nothing has yet come close to my LED I had manufactured 5 years ago. The market can only widely adopt what the market demands so it is a cart/horse type of scenario.

Reminds me of how video game technology 10 years ago was then 100x more advanced than any game anyone has ever seen today but there are so many other factors preventing that adoption of technology today.

One of the top designers/developers for Counterstrike lived in the highrise apartment 1 floor under my best friend and you should see what he had for personal projects that we are still 10 years away from seeing today. He would go on about that.

I could go on about that sort of thing with LED technology. For example I can tell you that certain wavelengths require rare-earth minerals to produce and are at a minimum 300% more expensive than other wavelengths to produce - a cost prohibitive aspect of LED advancements.

Latest posts

Latest posts