What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GCMS) of seeded cannabis?

Verdant Whisperer

I am conducting a comparative overview in terpene compositon in seeded vs unseeded bud i have some theories but cannot find any test results online of actually seeded cannabis. if anyone has any test from heavily seeded buds this would contrbute greatly to my investigation.
-Thankyou

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am conducting a comparative overview in terpene compositon in seeded vs unseeded bud i have some theories but cannot find any test results online of actually seeded cannabis. if anyone has any test from heavily seeded buds this would contrbute greatly to my investigation.
-Thankyou
That may be hard to find because most seeded plants are grown for the seed and not the trichrome.

Ca++

Heavily, is a difficult gauge.
Certainly, a crop with few seeds, might seem no different, until you see a seed, or smoke one by accident. While a heavily seeded one, by my experience, is akin to smoking straw. As there really isn't any bud, it's just seed bracts. What taste there is beyond straw, is just nasty. Though this extreme of heavily seeded, seemed to escape the expectations of those here, when I posted about it once before. Most feeling the de-seeded bud, was still bud. Not just the empty shells I associate with full on seed production. One did comment that not all plants can turn 100% from bud to seed, and so their are many shades of grey.

You might do better sharing your ideas, than looking at the very variable results, that papers would bring. If indeed, many have been done, in enough detail to help you.

Verdant Whisperer

Heavily, is a difficult gauge.
Certainly, a crop with few seeds, might seem no different, until you see a seed, or smoke one by accident. While a heavily seeded one, by my experience, is akin to smoking straw. As there really isn't any bud, it's just seed bracts. What taste there is beyond straw, is just nasty. Though this extreme of heavily seeded, seemed to escape the expectations of those here, when I posted about it once before. Most feeling the de-seeded bud, was still bud. Not just the empty shells I associate with full on seed production. One did comment that not all plants can turn 100% from bud to seed, and so their are many shades of grey.

You might do better sharing your ideas, than looking at the very variable results, that papers would bring. If indeed, many have been done, in enough detail to help you.
looking at the hormone levels in male vs female cannabis plants even know the males make alot less trichomes i speculate based on levels they are more potent- trichome for trichome compared to females. it would be interesting to make a small batch of bubble hash from a bunch of males used in a large open pollination and see how poten that is i imagine, it would be out of this world. might get 1 gram from 100 plants but i imagine itll be that stuff..

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
have you looked into the Israeli databases? Mechoulam R. et al. have the most studies on seeded and unseeded cannabis. and I am pretty sure i read one or two about cannabinoid production under seeding a few years ago.

Verdant Whisperer

have you looked into the Israeli databases? Mechoulam R. et al. have the most studies on seeded and unseeded cannabis. and I am pretty sure i read one or two about cannabinoid production under seeding a few years
Looks like a great database browsed thought a couple of their articles, alot of good information but its more related to medical side, if your able to find one from them that has something that could help relate to this, it would be much appreaciated.

Latest posts

Latest posts