What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long term seed storage and solvent drying agents. On the cheap

Spinme

Epsom salt can be cooked first in the microwave for 7 minuits then in an oven at 500 for two hours to form anhydrous magnesium sulphate.
This is an excellent dessicant also very cheap.
This can be used to dry solvents to near anhydrous conditions or to dry air inside of jars to anhydrous conditions for long term seed. Under cold or freezing conditions.
Just keep seeds in a bag to keep sulphate rox off you seeds.
Sorry for the bad punctuation.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
You want your seeds stored in their natural plant matter and enzymes. The seedling needs these natural enzymes to properly ecclimate to the seedlings new environment and environmental conditions. 40% to 60% humidity is ideal for long term moisture levels. Temperature also comes into play. You can freeze genetics one time safely after that the seed experiences degradation. I have genetics over 10 years old in a small refrigerator set at 38 degrees. My germination rates are very good overall. I hope this helps.
peace farmerlion