What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LONDON STARDAWG cuts..

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Hey guys at first sight i thought it was the start of new roots but upon closer inspection and a quick photo or two i now know it aint roots the callous is on the same place on all three different cuts, these have been in my cloner machine for over ten days and still no sign of roots,, It aint worrying as i know it takes time,. What im wondering is what it actually is..? It is hard to the touch just like callous or calcium its got me puzzled any help appreciated the cuts were gifted to me by a friend..
PS the photo is of only one of them for reference.. Cheers Guys ..
20220801_075053.jpg
20220801_075103.jpg

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

The only thing I can think is it might be the stems are ‘woody’ and I find tender stems are better to root. Usually by 10 days there is a lot more root growth than those.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
The only thing I can think is it might be the stems are ‘woody’ and I find tender stems are better to root. Usually by 10 days there is a lot more root growth than those.
Thanks for the advice my friend i was thinking along the same lines but to be honest they look woody but really are not, they look woody as i scraped a little of the outer skin of them so to speak,,. maybes to much.!! But maybes they are one of those that dont clone so easy as ive cloned a lot over the last 15 years or so so.. I have now chopped above the callous looking thing and we shall see in the next week or days what is going to be the outcome once again cheers skunkfunk appreciate the advice and help :good:

X15

Thanks for the advice my friend i was thinking along the same lines but to be honest they look woody but really are not, they look woody as i scraped a little of the outer skin of them so to speak,,. maybes to much.!! But maybes they are one of those that dont clone so easy as ive cloned a lot over the last 15 years or so so.. I have now chopped above the callous looking thing and we shall see in the next week or days what is going to be the outcome once again cheers skunkfunk appreciate the advice and help :good:
hey bud! just Curious, how fresh is your cloning Set up?
do you have any beneficial bacteria you can add to the system?

ever try letting the cuttings sit in some water with fresh squeezed Aloe and I like to add a little LABS 10-15ml/ Gal.

it’ll help soften things up. What do the tops looks like?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
hey bud! just Curious, how fresh is your cloning Set up?
do you have any beneficial bacteria you can add to the system?

ever try letting the cuttings sit in some water with fresh squeezed Aloe and I like to add a little LABS 10-15ml/ Gal.

it’ll help soften things up. What do the tops looks like?
Not sure what you mean bud by how FRESH is your cloning set up.?? But been using the same tried and tested method for over a decade never used aloe before never really needed too same as beneficial bacteria.. Fresh water every few days or so works nearly all the time 95 percent hit rate or more as for the tops they look spot on its the bottoms im interested in ie lack of roots or nubs or whatever you wanna call them but mostly i wanted to know about the callous looking thing but its in the gods hands now time will tell thanks for looking in appreciated..:good:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one DS,,,
I would have done the same in cutting above that rouge callous looking thing,,,
great cloner mate,,,
lI still do it with a bit of clonex,,root riots kept damp but not soaking,,,humidity dome for a few days or so and a good fluorescent ,,,,bit crude but effective,,,,
all the best with her ,,look forward to see if she takes,,,
my new run starting the weekend with Verdant G beans,,,s2

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice one DS,,,
I would have done the same in cutting above that rouge callous looking thing,,,
great cloner mate,,,
lI still do it with a bit of clonex,,root riots kept damp but not soaking,,,humidity dome for a few days or so and a good fluorescent ,,,,bit crude but effective,,,,
all the best with her ,,look forward to see if she takes,,,
my new run starting the weekend with Verdant G beans,,,s2
Put a link up in here m8 point me in the right direction towards your run,. The callous... I think it was trying to heal itself when i think about it.. i did take a few lower leaves off her,. So maybes that is what i was seeing similar to a broken bone either way we shall see my friend...stay safe..:good:

X15

Not sure what you mean bud by how FRESH is your cloning set up.?? But been using the same tried and tested method for over a decade never used aloe before never really needed too same as beneficial bacteria.. Fresh water every few days or so works nearly all the time 95 percent hit rate or more as for the tops they look spot on its the bottoms im interested in ie lack of roots or nubs or whatever you wanna call them but mostly i wanted to know about the callous looking thing but its in the gods hands now time will tell thanks for looking in appreciated..:good:
For sure bud. I was referring to the overall system. I’d assume something is throwing off the plants ratios. auxins and cytokinin levels, maybe the method of preparation was the culprit, clean and sharp.
the plant is trying to protect itself for whatever reason. It’s hormones are in a less than productive ratio bc of….. maybe something dirty or too damaging.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
For sure bud. I was referring to the overall system. I’d assume something is throwing off the plants ratios. auxins and cytokinin levels, maybe the method of preparation was the culprit, clean and sharp.
the plant is trying to protect itself for whatever reason. It’s hormones are in a less than productive ratio bc of….. maybe something dirty or too damaging.
Maybes,,!! Time will tell cheers for the advice appreciated :thank you:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
check this link out ds

Appreciated yes it looks the same :thank you:but too late now, hopefully it will fix itself, i aint ever had a clone like this so by the looks of things another lesson for me learned :tiphat: once again thanks..

EDITED 25 days have now gone by and no signs of roots at all starting to yellow, looking sickly and starting to mould on the stalks too,. to tell the truth had them on the window sill for 7 days changing water to no avail, so on the lookout for something fresh and solid but still have my stardawg manny mothers so not a total loss just time and effort anyhow tried but to no avail thanks for looking in guys stay safe you all :tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts