What's new

LOL.... Can it be saved??? I think I need.......

drac

...to lightproof my bucket(s). Pulled it out to see if it was root-bound Which I think it is, kinda? But found this!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 21

drac

Nevermind... I should have explored it deeper before posting.Sorry, I panicked...LOL. After breaking the rootball apart, it seems it is only on the outside. Roots 1/4 inch in look nice and healthy. I broke up the rootball to give the roots some room to grow and will lightproof the bucket(s) in the next day or two. Lesson learned!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Definitely rootbound and yeah using darker (lightproof containers will take care of the green moss like growth on the outside. Now it sounds like you plan on putting them back in the same containers. Unless those containers were only partially filled and now you are going to fill them all the way, your root bound problem will return pretty quickly. Breaking the rootball up will help for a little bit but not for long.

drac

Thanks for the replies guys. Kat, thanks for the advise about becoming quickly root bound again. I am getting ready to order some black 5 gallon buckets.

Creeper, I am growing in a hempy bucket using the Lucas formula. GH Flore Nova bloom. Can't really cut back just the nitrogen without cutting back on everything. As per my last post you guys were kind enough to respond to I have cut back the amount of nutes I am giving her.

Magic, I may give a light dose of H202 tonight. Thanks for the tip.

I really want to get her to the finish line if I can. Don't really care about the smoke at this point but I pollinated her to try and build a bit of a seed stash.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I've been growing in re used white plastic 16 oz cups for years and years.

I've been switching to black plastic store bought cups and plant health is much better, much to my chagrin.

Roots are more hairy and growth is more pronounced, same genetics cloned from the stock I keep.

Perhaps the light transmitted to the root zone promotes unneeded stress to the root zone.

Good thread