What's new

light issue. help!

datanner

hey Icmag peeps. happy to say hi to all of you.
im dtarting an outdoor grow. my lat is 2 degrees so i have a constant 11 hours and 50 minutes of sun light everyday.
my plan is to use complementary cfl lights to keep my plants veggin. i have 10 cfl 80 watt bulbs.
i want to know how far the lights should be since im planning to do a 30 plant grow. i want the lights to be as far as possible so I can fit 2 plants per bulb
thanks guys and gals i hope i made my point clear. sorry for.my.poor english
saludos amigos

datanner

hey Icmag peeps. happy to say hi to all of you.
im dtarting an outdoor grow. my lat is 2 degrees so i have a constant 11 hours and 50 minutes of sun light everyday.
my plan is to use complementary cfl lights to keep my plants veggin. i have 10 cfl 80 watt bulbs.
i want to know how far the lights should be since im planning to do a 30 plant grow. i want the lights to be as far as possible so I can fit 2 plants per bulb
thanks guys and gals i hope i made my point clear. sorry for.my.poor english
saludos amigos

what light will do the job?
gracias amigos

Attachments

• 20190815_131511.jpg
    20190815_131511.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190815_131453.jpg
    20190815_131453.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190815_131518.jpg
    20190815_131518.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21
Hey DA
Been thinking about your problem.

If youve got 80w cfls youre going to have plenty. Youre just looking to extend your daylight period to extend your veg period right.. Not use the light to grow youre plants. Blue spectrum light i think is more effective. So i hope those cfl are cool white.

Im old school so i think foot candles.
From my experience i think you only need about 20 foot candles - roughly 200 lux to restrict flowering hormones. This is the minimum light required so more is better.

A sunny day is 110,000 lux the moon maybe .2 lux.

Id get a cheap lux meter- position one of your lights and back off till your lux meter is reading around 200lux. Measure the distance to the light. Double it. Thats the maximum distance your light centers can be apart. Its probably plenty more than you need for 2 BIG plants per light.

Closer the better... Some plants are more sensitive than others.

Good Luck

Last edited:

datanner

Hey DA
Been thinking about your problem.

If youve got 80w cfls youre going to have plenty. Youre just looking to extend your daylight period to extend your veg period right.. Not use the light to grow youre plants. Blue spectrum light i think is more effective. So i hope those cfl are cool white.

Im old school so i think foot candles.
From my experience i think you only need about 20 foot candles - roughly 200 lux to restrict flowering hormones. This is the minimum light required so more is better.

A sunny day is 110,000 lux the moon maybe .2 lux.

Id get a cheap lux meter- position one of your lights and back off till your lux meter is reading around 200lux. Measure the distance to the light. Double it. Thats the maximum distance your light centers can be apart. Its probably plenty more than you need for 2 BIG plants per light.

Closer the better... Some plants are more sensitive than others.

Good Luck

cheers bud! yeah I got those 85 watt cfl day light 6500k and i have them just above the plants. i have 30 plants and 15 bulbs, hope its enough, i will know eventually.
saludos

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If you extend the morning, rather than the evening, you will see the plants wake up with the lights. Outdoors, They get up with the sun. Perhaps an hour late on a cloudy day. It really doesn't take much.

Latest posts

Latest posts