What's new

light dep sour d harvest question

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
The cuts i got from my buddy says they are a 9 weeker. Today is 8 and one plant is yellowing out and the others have some purpleing going on the leafs. I cut a few buds and viewed them under a 200 power dino lite scope and didn't see any amber mostly cloudy and clear. Im starting to see lots of new growth with white hairs like its trying to start re vedging or foxtail. Should i just pull them? I wish i can figure out how to upload some pics. Thanks

X

XxCaptiankushxX

Sour d and headband alike both put on substantial weight in the last two weeks, can almost double your overall weight. That is why you see many new white pistols. One thing I learned with sour d is a lot of bulk comes the last two weeks of flower. Maybe the flowers do not grow but the buds will get much more dense. Do not cut early or you will be missing a lot of potential. Would be horrible to go this far and not finish them properly.Sit back and watch the magic happen. You will be pleasantly surprised. Sour d is 10wks , let them do there thang.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Yeah i think ill let em go a bit longer, we got some powder mildew here and there i really want to burn sulfur but i think its a bit to late? Even seeing pm on branches... Thanks for the replies

panick503

Well that changes things a bit. I'm not sure about the sulfur, I know it's safe later in flower, but ur pretty much done. If it was me, I'd make the call of when to chop based on how bad the pm is getting... if it's not building up into a raging case, maybe let em go, but if it's starting to look like it snowed in there, I'd chop now to mitigate further mildew damage.

X

XxCaptiankushxX

For pm late in flower, maybe try h2O2 and water spray . Is some science to it, not quite sure how it works. Search icmag for h202 and see what is said. Some interesting information .

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Its not really as bad on the leafs anymore we burned 2-3 weeks ago for 2 applications like 4 days apart that slowed it down, its more on the branches where the bud meats it. Will the pm stop once i chop and hang or will it keep spreading? It does look pretty nasty on some branches like a cotton balls or something. Thanks again peeps...

S

sourpuss

I find if its going downhill fast its better to harvest early.... pm??? Quality coincides with the health of the plant imo

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I caved, and pulled what i could before darkness, I have all the patience in the world while fishing for largemouth bass, but when it comes to harvest/processing i just want it to go away already. It looks pretty tits i think.... Thank you for your input everyone. This is my first time growing Sour Diesel and it smells like literal shit/skunk. I just gone finished pulling fans and my fingers are gooped up like crazy like a wet trim but i just pulled fans and i could litterraly scrape hash off my fingers. This Nor Cal cut was only suppose to be a 9 week strain, it was more orange/brown hairs then white. But i did notice new pistols

tankerton

Don't cut sour d until day 63 and it doesn't hurt to let it go to 70. It puts on much of its weight in the last few weeks.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We let them go till around 59-60 days i think it was, The triches. were mostly milky. It turned out good but wish i would have let her go another 10+ days. The powder mildew was starting to spread rapidly and we didn't wanna burn sulfur that close to harvest, and it was stinking up the whole neighborhood. We won't be running it again because of the stink...

Latest posts

Latest posts