What's new

light cycle times ?

T

TheBatCave

hi there i was wondering what were the best times for your light cycles for both veg and flower

What works best for you ?

and why ?

Cheers

Marco61

Accepted practice is 18 on, 6 off for veg. 12 on, 12 off for flower. The reason these light cycles are used is that they are mimicking what a plant would receive if it were grown in the wild.

During the vegetative period, spring into summer, the days are longer. As you move into the late summer / fall months the days shorten. The plants have evolved to be photosensitive to these natural changes and will use the amount of light they receive to time their transition into blooming and complete their life cycle.

The exception is Sativa dominate plants which have evolved in the equatorial region of the world. They will produce flowers during the vegetative phase and will continue to stretch during the blooming phase.

Auto-flowerers can be grown under 12/12 from start to finish.

T

TheBatCave

thanks marco but what times work for you in veg and flower?

V_MAN

Have peoples schedules changed in the last couple of years? I done 16-8 for veg mostly because it's summer and doing 11-13 for flower.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Have peoples schedules changed in the last couple of years? I done 16-8 for veg mostly because it's summer and doing 11-13 for flower.

Just go with 18/6 and 12/12 flowering.

I just used to keep in on 12/12....no point doing veg time in a SOG.