What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started sorting the seeds from a second Ammi plant today and there looks to be a fair few (in addition to a modest batch from the first plant a few months ago). Also there were some Lemon Thai S1s in a plant i harvested recently, so i'll sort some stock of those two and send to seedbay soon.
VG :tiphat:

The White Rhino x Lemon Thai, the third and final project from this reversal, should have a test grow starting soon..
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just been doing some digging and found the old strain description of Lemon Thai from when it was originally released by Dutch Flowers. It kind of implies that it's a line rather than an F1 hybrid.. and these S1s would support that idea as they are all fairly similar in many ways.: -

"Lemon Thai was obtained from some folks out of Hawaii. The plants are sativa, but they didnt look like Thai to us, rather Hawaiian in phenotype, smell and high. Buds are candied with crystal, with a trademark citrus "lemon pledge" odour with a hint of peppermint. Very, very energetic high, it is the "clear mental surfing" variety for us, without a hint of paranoia (which cannot be said of the other two varieties in this pack). Chronic tokers can probably smoke this during the day and get things done, if not overdone. These buds are a favorite of many, as they are excellent positive-mood inducers. Excellent yields and bag appeal as well, shortest flowering period of the three offered, around 9 weeks."

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So all of the lemon Thai s1 plants have been cut, dried and are in jars curing. I sampled all of them as I usually do (without passing judgement since it too soon) and two were already standouts. Flavors will continue to develop but I can already tell that the smoke will be really good. Plant #1 is soooo smooth and soft tasting its like smoking cashmere. Leaves a glorious spiced floral incense type smell in the air. Has a clear sense opening effect where I feel like i'm really seeing and hearing things for the first time. Mood enhancement and long lasting...all head. Fantastic so far. Interestingly enough, the amnesia x LT#1 plant I thought was the pick of the previous round shares more qualities with the LT s1's than I suspected. While that plant has the taste and calm energy that made it stand apart of the other AxLT plants, I am seeing the LT side came through a bit more than I thought. BTW, the amni crosses are really nice smoke and the #3 plant jar is almost empty...it was by far the most potent of the bunch and the favorite of my wife. My favorites were the #1, #4 plants since I can smoke them all day and get ripped but am still functional and they have long lasting positive vibes...#1 more than #4 but plant 4 has unmatched clarity which can run a touch trippy. I am gearing up to re run those two amni crosses but may also start another LT s1 before it even has a chance to cure...its that good.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Great stuff, although early days on fresh flowers your description of the effect for the LT S1 is spot on for creative activities, that enhanced awareness and amplification of senses. Looking forward to updates as it cures unless it all goes beforehand lol !

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Great stuff, although early days on fresh flowers your description of the effect for the LT S1 is spot on for creative activities, that enhanced awareness and amplification of senses. Looking forward to updates as it cures unless it all goes beforehand lol !
hey @skunkfunk , yeah a couple of these are nice now so I imagine after a decent cure even better. So far the amni cross and s1 smoke heady predominantly. A couple are really heady with good energy without being edgy. Not a wasted effort for those looking for that type of smoke in something under 12 weeks. Be nice to see VG find a male and hopefully work a new generation from the F3's.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds really promising @Jahaze ! - I'm pleased with this reversal of the LT and how it is shaping up... i am also hoping to get a decent regular repro of the LT going at some point soon and may have made some progress in securing some seeds from a different population of LT - which is always good for widening the gene pool with repros of these rare lines.

VG

kro-magnon

Veteran
@Jahaze , thank you for documenting your grow, it's very interesting to see how those plants evolved. I see similarities with the Prayer Tower in the bud structure, the Lemon Tai has very good genes. One thing I really like about PT was the mood enhancing high and reading your posts it was coming from the LT. I should give a try at those seeds.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just been smoking on some of the LT seed mother... long story short: wife and daughter went out, wife's dog shat on rug, and i had to clean it up ! - smoked a J afterwards.. was quite pissed off. This LT does have a bodystone or at least some muscle relaxing properties because all my aches and pains in muscles and tendons (i get RSI and Carpel tunnel syndrome) turned into a dull tingling ache as the tension left them .. but i still felt energetic and my head was high yet calm and clear. standing there i felt like a clear-headed person looking out from behind the eyes of a stoned person, having those large, expansive thoughts that seem somehow elevated from the normal mental process....
VG
:joint:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Yeah a couple of the ALT crosses had some of that body to varying degrees. Some of the LT s1's show very little almost none in one case but that calm energy is where the magic is in my opinion. I am really liking the s1's and they should get a proper report in a couple weeks. I can't say yet with great confidence but the cross to the amnesia had a touch more of the body...just a bit though nothing heavy at least in the seeds I ran. So far theses have all been very enjoyable...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
up next: smoke report. in the meantime, here are some cured tops I will use for the report. from L to R is lemon thai s1 #1,2,3,4.

20220909_142055.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enjoy @Jahaze !
For my part, i sent in some stock of the Amnesia x LT and the Lemon Thai S1s to seedbay yesterday, so they should be up this week...
These are fairly small seed batches of Fems so get them whilst you can!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Lemon Thai s1 smoke report

The LT was flowered between 9-11 weeks from seed in my environment and cut when trichomes were predominantly cloudy with amber just starting to become noticeable. I am not a fan of letting my plants mature any further.

The 4 lemon thai s1 plants all shared several attributes that I think are a good representation of what you can expect from this line. All had a lemony nose in flower with a delicate minty and floral backend. Some plants had more menthol and other light fuel scent. All had very good energy and the high had decent legs with the shortest one still giving me about 2 hours of joy after smoking half a 1 gram joint. All were heady with light body with one having a bit more body and feeling like a proper 60/40 hybrid. Here is the breakdown after more than 6 weeks slow drying and curing. My notes were taken over several weeks of smoking and comparing against each other. For the past two weeks the LT has been the only thing I have smoke during the day.

LT1 – Buds smell creamy, lemony, some fuel. The smoke is minty with a solvent type taste initially with more floral notes as I smoke. Very quick head buzz accompanied by a ‘get up and go’ energy. As the high builds so does the energy but a touch of body buzz keeps it from becoming racy. Fantastic floral spiced incense smell when combusted. I get notes of soft floral musk with spices of cinnamon and anise occasionally showing up when you re enter the room. Very nice all around experience for the senses.

LT2- Buds have a lemon/pepper smell with a more prominent musk smell. Smoke has strong astringent cleaner taste and menthol flavors. The high is clean and clear initially and becomes heavier the more you smoke. Very clear at first but slows down as the high progresses. There is a great sense of space to the high that approaches time warp and a dense sensation but with energy and a clear sense around things. This was the heaviest effect of all but still had very good energy.

LT3 – Buds have plastic fruity type smell. Dry pull sweetness with floral musky notes. Again another one with very good energy but never racy or making me feel anxious. The effect is clear and functional initially but relaxes as the effect wanes. Good long lasting effect that fades clean and doesn’t leave me tired afterwards.

LT4 – Buds has a mild creamy lemon/solvent smell. This plant had the sweetest tasting smoke with soft menthol notes that tickles the nose while I smoke. Soft well balanced flavors with a soapy incense taste and smell that hangs in the air. This was the only plant I considered a bit speedy initially with excellent energy but again a slight bit of body comes into play and one feels in control again. The high like plant #1 is soaring and enjoyable and allows me to be functional. Great wake and bake and day smoke…actually they all fit that category with plant#2 being a bit more grounded but still functional.

So which one was my favorite? All 4 plants were very tight in effect with respect to one another it I really boils down to preference. Plant #1 was excellent in every respect. Long lasting feel good energy and waves of euphoria coupled with good taste and spiced incense that hangs in the air…truly lovely. I have it currently in flower again and will post it when she starts throwing flowers.

Comparing the effect of the limited number of plants I grew out to the Amnesia cross I would say they were mentally clearer. A couple of the amni cross had a touch of head fog and confusion/forgetfulness compared to these. Both very good for 10 weeks plants ( give or take) and I suspect the amni cross would throw out more variation than the s1. I have kept two amni plants and 2 s1 plants to grow out better and explore. The lemon thai s1 would make a good breeding plant if you have something similar in taste and effect but want to shorten flowering time. Would like to see the LT crossed to a haze! I would like to thank VG for providing these and brightening my days with bliss and happiness.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a great write up @Jahaze thanks! The LT is a bit different from the norm and well worth experiencing... and seeing how they grew out i am quite excited about doing some more breeding with the LT. This plant seems very stable so far and i really wasn't sure that it would be..
I found a jar of LT in my cupboard last night that had been sitting there for a year at least.. the high is still very clear and energetic!
Hopefully the seeds have arrived at seedbay and will get listed up tomorrow when i send the text over. I'll chase that up!