What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

led strips that plug into t5 light fixtures

mikebig

seen these led strips on amazon that plug into t5 light fixtures and was wondering if anyone had used these ?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
There are even led tubes made to retrofit t5 and t8 fixtures (altrough some need you to replace the starters and ballast for them to work). But those are very expensive option in my opinion, you'd be better with buying a cheap led panel.. or building one from led screw in bulbs (e27 socket type), with the light diffuser (plastic bulb on top) cut off.
I used some of those retrofits in my home to avoid changing fixtures when upgrading to led, but never for growing.
Led strip is usually low power and low penetration anyway so you would need a lot of it to be useful.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
seen these led strips on amazon that plug into t5 light fixtures and was wondering if anyone had used these ?

The weed you grow tomorrow starts with the stuff you buy today. The money I saved growing my own, far outweighs any "budget cuts". Buy good quality stuff and you will get good quality weed, (within reason). IOW, buy what you can afford and, if you can't buy reasonable, then wait until you can. You'll be glad you did :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts