What's new

LED IKEA Cab

Hey guys!

I can't believe I've been on her for 10 YEARS and not posted much and am only now able to conduct a micro grow indoors. I'm very excited about this and hopefully all the knowledge I've absorbed over the years will come in handy!

The goal is to have a perpetual harvest once everything is refined and soon I will be installing the wall to the veg area, which will have 2x CFL 5000k

--480w 2700k Warm White LED's (x8)
--Master Kush from MSNL seeds
--Dimensions of grow cupboard are: (H)940mm (W)550mm (D)380mm
--Veg chamber Dimensions are: (H)685 (W)250) (D)380

I'm repotting the MK tomorrow into proper soil and perlite mix tomorrow, and I think the potting mix I'm using now is too full of bark and causing it to grow too slowly.

I think the plant is a little stressed from heat when temps got up to 32c and I've been moving it around a bit to much as I've worked on the cab.

Any help with the grow is much appreciated! Cheers guys

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 14
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 12
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 15
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking good, but I bet you have way less than 480W in there. Those leds look like they put out 8-15W each, so 8 pieces should be around 100W total..

M

Mr. Sparkle

Yeah not 480w, nobody really goes by equivalent watts as no one uses incandescent bulbs, would presume 64w would be more like it, but good start, get those walls painted flat white, or some good mylar thrown up as it will help.

Day 19 from seed, bit of slow growth from a bad soil mix I was using and from being moved around too much me thinks. Transplanted today into a premium perlite potting mix and knocked up the Veg chamber wall, bit of electrical work to do and still need to throw on a coat of paint but it's getting there.

Attachments

29.4 KB · Views: 14

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
No worries, in a few months you'll be showing other growers
how to do it.

Water when top of soil is dry, and check your water quality.

Hey guys, its been a while, my cabs had a bit of a makeover thanks to all the input from you guys and I think now she might be ready to grow in, finally! I'm currently germinating 1xTahoOG and 1xBKush both Fems so will post a few pics soon also thanks to El Tigre for the re-inspiration to finish things off!

Hey Dudes! I’m having muito problems with my cabinet, here’s whats going on

18/6 lighting schedule

An organic potting mix that I think had wetting agents and blood and bone meal added I mixed with perlite

Possible the pots aren’t draining?

I have overwaters possibly causing the nitrogen to be locked out, I keep a diary and only water when it looks to be pretty dry, every two to three days

I did give the soil a tiny spray of 3ml per Litre of fish emulsion

All the plants, chill and cannabis are not doing good

temps are between 21.C - 28.C

I only got the small circulating fan a few weeks ago it took ages to ship, possibly a fungus set in du to lack of air movement?

Any help is much appreciated and I apologise for the sideways pics I can't rotate them

jonhova

Your mix looks heavy. Try 40% perliteof your total soil volume. It wors wonders for me having good drainage and air going to the roots.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Dudes! I’m having muito problems with my cabinet, here’s whats going on

18/6 lighting schedule

An organic potting mix that I think had wetting agents and blood and bone meal added I mixed with perlite

Possible the pots aren’t draining?

I have overwaters possibly causing the nitrogen to be locked out, I keep a diary and only water when it looks to be pretty dry, every two to three days

I did give the soil a tiny spray of 3ml per Litre of fish emulsion

All the plants, chill and cannabis are not doing good

temps are between 21.C - 28.C

I only got the small circulating fan a few weeks ago it took ages to ship, possibly a fungus set in du to lack of air movement?

Any help is much appreciated and I apologise for the sideways pics I can't rotate them

View Image View Image View Image View Image

It appears your soil may be too hot, ie too much nitrogen. You added bone and blood meal to soil that you are growing baby plants in and then you added a bit of fish emulsion. This makes for a hot mix and will affect the plants.

I would start your plants in a very basic soil mix, let them grow out a little, then start feeding them. If you want to add nutes like blood/bone meal to your soil, you won't need to give it much more food during it's life. Meals take a while to break down.

I would also not add the meals to the soil the young plants are growing in. Let them grow out a bit in the small containers and then transplant them to a larger container that has some meals in it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would also not add the meals to the soil the young plants are growing in. Let them grow out a bit in the small containers and then transplant them to a larger container that has some meals in it.

Exactly. When it's time, transplant into 1-2 gallon (~7 liter). Add perlite or vermiculite. From experience....better to grow 3-4 in small space vs. a dozen.
You'll certainly learn the limits and rewards to your cab each time you grow.

Agree....you'll burn them with too much added nutes. Next go round, maybe soiless mix- sand, vermiculite and peat and add water soluble nutrients (diluted) as needed.

First one I had in 2007, used T-5 x 4 sets equiv in the space you have. Yet, I was growing autos when they first hit the scene and also gifted some auto seeds from a grower in Portugal.

You'll learn and grow. Good luck!