What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Latitude 13

Kazue00

Hello all, I've recently moved to Guam and started growing. Is there any strains y'all would recommend? Guam is at latitude 13 north. We get for the most part 12/12 year around. Currently in the rainy season. Lots of humidity here in the high 80s most of the time. Thanks in advance.

troutman

Seed Whore
In your location I would try pure Sativa plants seeing you have the perfect weather for them. :tiphat:

Pure Indica plants may get moldy in your area during flowering.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
check out the ultimate sativa thread ,
plenty of options you can grow displayed in there ,
and a fellow guam grower you might get some advice from too ..

Kazue00

Awesome thanks man. I'm still very new to this, from what I understand sativa tends to grow bigger right? With lst and topping i should still be able to keep them short ? Just trying to avoid anyone seeing them and jacking them

Kazue00

Will do. Got a buddy here that's giving me some good info. Just trying to avoid flooding him with questions so figured I'd get some info from here too! Thanks!!

kamyo

Veteran

One in the same, Don. Wish I had more sativas laying around to give out, but these indoor runs have me looking at hybrids, aside from that supposed Malay. I suppose I can take a cutting of it and see if she'll finish outside before the days start getting longer. Times like these I kick myself for not keeping your ducks for a rainy day. Would be the perfect thing for his situation.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Hello Kazue, and welcome to the tropics. Like the others say, Sativas and Sativa dominant strains are the way to go where you are close to the Equator.

I tried growing out a couple of indica dominant strains in the past, and they went to flower as seedlings, maturing into tiny little budlets on a toothpick, so definitely, don't waste your efforts growing anything indica dominant in the tropical belt.

For sativas, I recommend Herbies seeds, who have recently relocated to Spain. Their selection of Sativa strains is just massive, and their stealth packaging is the very best and most effective that I have ever seen. If stealth is important to you when your seeds are sent, then Herbies is your one-stop shop for all seeds under the sun.

Kazue00

Hello Kazue, and welcome to the tropics. Like the others say, Sativas and Sativa dominant strains are the way to go where you are close to the Equator.

I tried growing out a couple of indica dominant strains in the past, and they went to flower as seedlings, maturing into tiny little budlets on a toothpick, so definitely, don't waste your efforts growing anything indica dominant in the tropical belt.

For sativas, I recommend Herbies seeds, who have recently relocated to Spain. Their selection of Sativa strains is just massive, and their stealth packaging is the very best and most effective that I have ever seen. If stealth is important to you when your seeds are sent, then Herbies is your one-stop shop for all seeds under the sun.

Awesome thank you so much I'll check them out