What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Late start 2013 lat 54.5

blackone

Veteran
Last year I never got a guerilla going. This year is a late start but I'm trying to make up for it in numbers. Started a bunch of seeds: Nugg-it and Pot x Freja f3.
Both proven in earlier years although a bit late. Just went back in time and looked at my 2009 grow. My best plants back then went out early July with a size that seems attainable for the seeds I started here. Could end up pretty good after all.

Last edited:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i'm in the same boat. late start and i makin up for it with bunch of beans...

u got a week on me at least tho.... my beans just went into starting trays today

keep us posted bro!

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I put plants out all the way to the end of july. Even with hardly any veg time, an ounce or better per plant is easily achievable. I actually got a wicked early start this year and had plants out in the middle of may, and they all made it thru two 25f nights

blackone

Veteran
I have planted small plants out in august in earlier years with not too bad results. Maybe I should just germinate as many seeds as I can...

Well

i will follow this one, me myself are growing at Lat56, got some plants out already, but acctully planted some new seeds today, a Sour Jack that i crossed last year with a Thyphoon male with autogens.

bless

blackone

Veteran
4 days later. Ok growth of seedlings - best growers should be perfect size for going out around july 1

Went to check out a new site I've been breaking in lately. Quite wet with a lot of clay. Today there was even standing water. Tried digging some trenches but no nearby low point to lead them to so effect is pretty limited...
Maybe it's just because we had serious rain today but it illustrates the risk of flooding at the location.
picture.php

picture.php

Another spot was broken in today. It's on a south-east facing slope with nice cover. Drainage is wonderful because of the slope and clearing wasn't too bad - mostly a bunch of raspberries and blackberries. Didn't get any pics worth showing because it was too dark.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Can you find my spade?

Can you find my spade?

Went back to an old spot of mine where I left a spade before. I searched and searched for my spade but couldn't find it. I hope it's because its pretty overgrown.
Last year I made a small ditch around a 3m*3m square but never got out there to plant. In January I visited the spot and took this picture... I think I see my spade - do you? :) At least now I know where to look and if it isn't there at all then I'll have to abandon the spot.
picture.php

robogro

Veteran
dang blackone, that spot must be deep in the woods. Spade is at the upper right?

good luck

cheers

blackone

Veteran
Yeah it's in the woods but its the northern half of a small clearing so light is pretty ok here.
Yup that's where the spade is in the pic:) Didn't get out there yet to find it - hope I didn't move it since I got the picture.

blackone

Veteran
Found the spade in the weekend and got down to do some digging. Plants are dying to get out ASAP - some even showing hairs from their small pots. I see its 1 month since I started this thread with a pic of small seedlings - a bit too long I guess.
Still it's gonna work out alright if I get stuff done this weekend.
Next days are gonna be sun sun sun... No rain in sight but I think the soil still holds water enough for the little ones to get going.

blackone

Veteran
Finally got the first 25 plants out. Flowering is already progressing to budforming with a little resin on some. I hope they will reveg fast and grow some.

dickcorn

I'd put twice as many in there this late in the year. Mine don't usually grow to much when I put them out now, especially when root bound.

blackone

Veteran
You're probably right - I got more spots though so might as well fill them out for maximum airflow between the plants. On the other hand I already did a lot of work on this one preparing a fence - could fit 16 between the 25.

blackone

Veteran
Decided not to put this strain in any other plot so 11 more went out here today. Fence was improved but need some more string to make it high enough. Signs of growth were visible on the ones put out before and almost all were looking happy with their new place. Nu slug damage despite lots of liller slug. I attribute this to the older plants being rough and unpallatable compared to fresh seedlings that are normally raped by slugs.

soil margin

Veteran
Man I thought I was getting a late start putting unvegged plants outside right now at lat 32. You're like almost 2000 miles north of me haha.

Will def be watching this thread, interested in how much you manage to yield. As for your flooded spot in post #8, I bet if you dug up the first 10-12 inches of soil, mixed it with 50-60 pounds of sand and threw it back in that spot would be perfect. Lots of water and good drainage equals big buds and happy girls.

Some gypsum and wood chips will break up most of that clay nicely too. Should help to soften the soil slowly as the girls roots spread out.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks people. The last of my outdoor plants went out on the porch today because I need my vegging space to prepare for my next flower run. 5 more plants also went out on the spot and the fence was completed. I hope my efforts are sufficient to keep the damn deer away.