What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Large scale cannabis grinder suggestions

Cvh

Supermod
If I don't forget I'll try to make some pictures of the grind when I'm busy running the dry sift tumbler in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
All right 7am here, a new day and time to start running the tumblers again. Here a few pictures I just made while loading the drums. I hope this shows a bit the grind. If not I can make more pictures in the next days/weeks as I'm going to be busy for some time running the tumblers.

IMG_20220920_070218_494.jpg

IMG_20220920_070329_263.jpg

Cvh

Supermod
I use the following 6 ton manually operated press with different sized moulds to do my pressing. It's from the Pollinator company. I really like it's compact size and very sturdy build. The 6 ton pressure is more then enough for me.

6T-Press-1-scaled.jpeg

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Here's a picture of some just made kief from a small batch if anyone wonders if it's possible to tumble that material.

View attachment 18758876
To me that looks a bit more greenish than it should. Do you run the drum a lot? Or do you think the grinder made the result more greenish? The results seem impresive compared to doing all the work manually, I must admit! But I am personally interested just as much in quality when i do stuff, cause it's for my own consumption. Peace, bro!

Cvh

Supermod
To me that looks a bit more greenish than it should. Do you run the drum a lot? Or do you think the grinder made the result more greenish? The results seem impresive compared to doing all the work manually, I must admit! But I am personally interested just as much in quality when i do stuff, cause it's for my own consumption. Peace, bro!
It's not really because of the grind, but this is what I call second/commercial BM quality. It's material that's been run for the 3th time now to get the last bit out. Well spotted explosiv, you caught me. 👍

But I won't think I would recommend such a grinder or even a tumbler to make primo hash. I would then suggest to hand grind and use manual sifting plates to limit the amount of tiny green material particles and use additional techniques like the Static Tek.

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
If I tried to make rosin I would utilize my local 1,000,000 pound press. ;)

I have a train track that is located with 200 meters of where I live.
Imagine laying a bunch of rosin bags on the track.

Just hope you don't derail a train. :ROFLMAO:

Cvh

Supermod
If I tried to make rosin I would utilize my local 1,000,000 pound press. ;)

I have a train track that is located with 200 meters of where I live.
Imagine laying a bunch of rosin bags on the track.

Just hope you don't derail a train. :ROFLMAO:
Yes and start a fire also to heat up the rails. 😁
Need heat too not only pressure for rosin.