What's new

Large oiutdoor, 16: or 19" bowl trimmer?

Zarezhu

Hey all, getting ready for a hopefully really nice harvest, have 99 pretty ladies ripening up.

Its just me and a friend. I was ghoing to buy 2 bowl trimmers, and about 10 of the 3' x 8 tier drying nets, and trim everything wet, dry in the nets, and bag for a later date final trim

Ive used a cheapo $120 ebay bowl trimmer before, and its worked greeat. way faster than traditional trimming methods.

Main question, is if the 19" bowl trimmer will speed things up greatly versus the 16" bowl trimmer?

And another question: How much dried bud will the 8 tier 3' dry net hold? Is it closer to 2 pounds, or closer to 4 pounds? Imthinking its possible to fit a half p of a dense strain per tier without stacking too high.

Thanks for any input yall

steasy88

I've used them drying nets and found that if u don't rotate the nugs every single day they end up with a flat edge were they have been laying on the net another thing don't over load a section because it takes longer to dry and a chance of mold growing if two wet nugs are touching all the best on the trimmers bro

Zarezhu

Yeah Ive had the same experience with them. They will get tumbled/rotated around every morning. Im not too worried about mold starting in the dry room as I will have a dehuey on full blast if it comes down to it. I've been able to pile wet buds 3 inches high, and as long as there is airflow, low enough humidity, and daily rotations, there isnt really a problem with mold. Once the buds start to dry, you can stack them even higher.

I'm really curious to know ho wmuch wet bud I could fit in an 3' 8 tiered drying basket. Im hoping a half p per tier - 4lb (dry) per basket.

Trying to decide if I need 10 or 12 or 15 baskets still.

I'm likely going to get the 16" bowl trimmer as well