What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Langebeinite in Canada

Fitzera

Is this becoming harder to find? Neither of my local grow shops had it and I was surprised to hear Gaia Green discontinued it 2 years ago. Not sure if that had anything to do with Hydrofarm buying them out. Luckily the one shop was able to point me to one of our local nurseries that still had 3 tubs. They had a thick layer of dust and cobwebs on them and the girl asked me what it was for as she'd never heard of it or seen anyone buy it. Needless to say I grabbed all 3.

moose eater

I try to support local as much as I can, plus Amazon has a habit of delivering to the wrong house 90% of the time for me.

Ive been paying $26 CAD for 4.4lbs.

You've been getting the better deal; the current exchange rate is about $1.25 CAD to $1 USD.

I've been under the impression that Langbeinite is equivalent to Sul-Po-Mag. Same basic stuff but check the numbers to be sure. Also, one may come in organic, or both.

I haven't bought it in a long while. Last year I took the remaining (~12 lbs.?) and added it to the potato field, as I was running low on any more suitable K sources, and I'd just put 10+ cu. yards of loam and peat onto the remnants of the potato field, after a new septic system went in.

I typically procure my Langbeinite from a local feed store that also sells gardening/farming amendments.

Fitzera

You've been getting the better deal; the current exchange rate is about $1.25 CAD to $1 USD.

I've been under the impression that Langbeinite is equivalent to Sul-Po-Mag. Same basic stuff but check the numbers to be sure. Also, one may come in organic, or both.

I haven't bought it in a long while. Last year I took the remaining (~12 lbs.?) and added it to the potato field, as I was running low on any more suitable K sources, and I'd just put 10+ cu. yards of loam and peat onto the remnants of the potato field, after a new septic system went in.

I typically procure my Langbeinite from a local feed store that also sells gardening/farming amendments.

Yes, sulpomag and also kmag, i believe are all the same thing.

I usually stick with brand when im happy with their product, now that I know I can't get it from gaia anymore I'll definitely find another source before I run out. I just wasn't sure if there was a sourcing issue or shortage when I couldn't find it locally in my usual spots.

Three Berries

I took a gallon of rain water and added a cup to it. It all dissolved after a few days.

The stuff I use is a natural product.