What's new

landrace strains with excellent flavour and smell

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
That Wailing Valley is on my short list for sure. I almost popped a couple recently but went with Zipolite Oaxacan instead since I'm on a Mexican kick... Nice job as usual meizzwang.

Lebanizer

Landraces aren't about flavour and smell, they are about unusual and special highs, all this obsession with flavour and smell has only come about because there is little else to differentiate between modern hybrids, they all have such similar highs - pedestrian, boring ones.

Couldn't said it better myself, very good funkymonkey !

Cactus Squatter

Honduras from ACE was a serious surprise this year in my garden. Extremely vigorous, decently high yields, very unique smells, flavors and the high is awesome. The purple Columbian is very up, alert and clear so far while the green Mexican leaning pheno is a very happy warm feel.

The Purple Columbian pheno has a unique incense, perfume and foie gras smell as it is curing. I keep going back to smell it.

The green Mexican pheno has a sweet mj smell to it with a slight foie gras that is special to me because it smells like all the imported weed we had early 90s in SoCal. While flowering it was straight up puppy breath smelling. It was the oddest thing ever to smell in the garden, like I had puppies breathing all over me.

If I hadn’t bent and trimmed the holy dog crap out of the purple pheno it would have easily been a 15-20ft tall plant. It was insane what it tried to do in my yard.

I’ll have at least 1 Honduras in my garden again this coming season.

grayeyes

funkymonkey, do you have any idea of who you insulted? That man has grown more in his life than you have ever seen even if you went to a dealer's house with bales on the floor.

He also perfected Cherry Bomb to its present state.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I have not sampled the Bekka Valley Lebanese yet, but the berries and cream from it being crossed to Chimera's 'Frankie's Church' is amazing. :)

Looking forward to additional crosses. ;)

Wuachuma

Nepalese can go from spicy to deliciously fruity
Zamal can taste like a citric salad (carrot) or slightly fruity (mango)
Malawi has amazing hippy dippy spices
Thai has beautiful subtleties and quite varied

I really enjoy peppery and incense sativas and landrace heirlooms. There's flavors and smells in there I just dont find in hybrids

While I see landraces as primarily a breeding tool, there are plants that pop up that are also stellar final products

Im'One

I had a Lebanese from ace that was black.peper on the inhale and lavendar on the exhale. I have heard others report the black pepper from the lebanese

Latest posts

Latest posts