What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Zientist

Veteran
Hey IC,
Thought I'd leave here my experience with a small sample of this variety, since I couldn't find anyone talking about it.

I had the chance to acquire these directly from the breeder (Compound genetics). Out of 5 seeds, all sprouted yielding 4 solid ones and a runt.
Looking at their lineage, we can see they are centered mostly around GSC, Sour Diesel, OG/TK with a splash of others here and there.

The four I sampled went like this:
LB1: Vintage perfume/aldehydic/pine/earth with a dash of sweetness. Lingers on the palate for a long while. My favorite and extremely easy to indulge. Not overwhelmingly heavy, it sets the mood just right to chill, like a second blanket. My favorite.
Low-Medium yield, extremely stocky dwarf growing habit.
D52
LB 1.jpg

D65, harvest day
LB1.jpg

LB2: Good blend of sour, sweet and dank. Good take on a sweet diesel type. Vigorous and solid yielder. Potent. Went to heavy purple tones near harvest.
LB2 (2).jpg
LB3: All sweet no dank. It had a unique smell during late flowering, addictive strawberry jelly aroma though it had low projection. It turned out less interesting after drying and curing, although still enjoyable. Unfortunately I forgot to picture this one. It looks mostly like LB2 thought with no purple. Puts you straight to sleep without you realizing. Counterintuitively, it's not heavy per se.

LB4: The Sour Diesel type. Rank. Sour. Fuel. Sticks to you, it's trouble weed. Heavy hitter too, seems to be the most thought provoking as all others are pretty bear hug and no head. Medium yielder, so dense it gives you botrytis anxiety. Unnecessarily dense tbh.
LB 4.jpg

Each individual plant was solid, extremely easy to run and didn't ran into any problems, despite how dense some of these were. They were grown in organic living soil (based on Coot's mix).
They are self supporting plants, which is rather surprising as some of these genetics are known to have quite the lanky habit.
For those of you that enjoy the combination of fuel, sweet and dank aromas, these have exceled in that department. I've enjoyed the ride. I normally tend to prefer more NLD/Tropical/"sativa" leaning plants, though exploring the genepool is fun and I'm happy I gave these a chance. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Hope this info proves to be of help to anyone.
tZ

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
A few shots of LB1. Second cycle, surely a keeper. Can't wait to savor her after this second run even going better than the first. She was ready faster this second time, around 60 days.

Sweet pine nut and aldehydes in your face. Really gentle and warm bear hug effect, perfect to enjoy her lingering on the palate flavor.

LB1.jpg

LB1-3.jpg

LB1-8.jpg

Lowest nuggs are coated too:
LB1-6.jpg

Enjoy!
tZ

Attachments

• LB1-4.jpg
    LB1-4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

albertgriffiths

Growing this one right now, alongside some Space Monkey (Bodhi)
I lightly stress tested them, and ended up with 3 plants showing a few balls - which I culled.
Interestingly, Bodhi's space monkey, submitted to the same regimen, didn't show any sign of hermaphroditism (although it has GG4 in it... I was expecting the opposite!).

Here are some photos of the 2 phenos left, around day 70. (I think they'll go until F+85 or F+90)

Pheno1, super-dense, un-necessarily dense, just as you said. Stretched more than the other. More than anything in the tent, actually, but nothing too crazy either.
no1.JPG

PB040025.JPG

Pheno 2, still very dense, seems to be yielding a bit more, and I like the smell better. Very gassy, with a bit of cake close behind. Seems to be quicker finishing as well.
no2.JPG

PB040033.JPG

On a cultivation point of view, I'd say they stand out for their structure, colors and bag appeal. They don't seem to need being fed too heavily. And they do smell good.
However, they were not the most sexually stable as a population, and for the moment I prefer the smells of their neighbouring Space Monkey's

Now... Let's cut, dry, cure, smoke, and finally I'll be able to judge if one of them is worth keeping!

Latest posts

Latest posts