What's new

Kinosabe777 vs Russet Mites. The War Begins

Kinosabe777

Hey IC Fam! If anyone has battled Russet Mites before, then you know how the story goes.

Nitrogen Deficiency? Cal? Mag? Heat Stress? Overwatering? What in the world is going on with my ladies?

I am about 4 weeks into flower and started to notice an abundance of problems with my plants 2 weeks ago. Other than abnormal growth, yellowing leaves, and curling fan leaves, the most pertinent issue I was dealing with was the browning of my pistils early on. My assumption was that I burned the pistils when I foliar sprayed with Monterey BT the first week of flower.....now if only that was the case!

Now I knew that russet mites could have been a possibility, but I was actually in deep denial about it during my sleepless 2 weeks of trying to figure out what was going on. Well, yesterday I put it under a magnifying glass and reality hit me. The rest of the season will not be smooth and I have accepted that.

At this point I'm not angry nor am I stressed. I've identified the problem and am now focused on the solution. The war begins today and I feel that it's my responsibility to share my tactics with this wonderful community. Without you guys, I would probably be lost on what to do.

Background on me and the garden:
1st outdoor grow
200 plants in 200 gallon shorty saver pods
Happy Hippy Soil
Strains: Blue Sherbert, Golden Strawberry, SnoHulk, Lemdrop, Jilly Bean, OGKBC, Beastmode OG, Candyland, Goji OG, Wedding Cake
Currently in my 4th week of flower. 3rd Week of flower for select strains
Any other information you would like to know... Just ask

Plan of Attack

Tomorrow 9/4: Tomorrow is a feed day, so on top of the Maxibloom and CalMag I was already planning on feeding the plants, I will add 325 mg of uncoated Bayer Aspirin per gallon of water

My research tell me that aspirin assists in boosting the plants immune system. Lets put it this to the test and see how the damaged ladies react.

9/6: Azamax Soil Drench. One tbs per gallon.....that would be 2200 tbs for me. I just cannot afford that, so I am buying 4 gallons on Azamax and putting one gallon of Azamax in each one of my 550 gallon reservoirs. That's about half strength.

9/7: Foliar Spray with Avid 1ml per gallon

9/8-9/12: Observe reaction

9/13: Foliar Spray with Forbid 4f 1 ml per gallon

Questions:

1. I know a lot of you are in disbelief that I am foliar spraying 4-5 weeks into flower with Avid and Forbid 4F. This is not something I want to do for obvious reasons, but this is war and I am not going down without a fight. I will get my harvest THAT I WILL HARVEST lab tested at the end of it all and once I get that back I will proceed in an ethical manner. I'm the type of guy who likes to find things out for himself and will pay the coin and time to know. All results will be posted on this thread. Now my question is: Will foliar spraying with these chemicals burn the pistils and overall flower of the plant? How will it affect the scent of the herbs once dried and cured?

I will post up pictures and interesting observations tomorrow.

JVonChron

If you want to go nuclear on them fux, then do avid+tetra san. I KNOW for a fact that combination will kill the mite and eggs. they are translaminer which means you dont have to spray every single inch for it to work it gets into the plant.
if you want to go an organic route, we are currently using venerate+grandevo. spray one tuesday, then spray the other one friday. One kills mites, one kills eggs. We have been using it and we are 3-4 weeks in flower. No burnt pistils thus far.