What's new

KingChango's Return to Growing 2020

kingchango

I've decided to start the year off right with a journal of my most recent grow, Munson by Dominion Seed Company. Bred by Duke Diamond, Munson is a cross between Northern Lights #5 x Dominion Skunk (Skunk VA Chemdog x SSSC Skunk 1) x (Skelly Hashplant x SSSC Skunk 1) . There aren't too many grow journals of Dominion Seed Company gear, which is strange because they are quality breeders.

I've been taking pictures, so I figured I'd share it with the world. I haven't posted here in a while so I'll have to get a handle on imbedding pics again.

I'm about a month and a half from the seeds first cracked ground. I'll start at the beginning.

I germinated 7 seeds in a shallow dish of lukewarm water. All had taproots by the end of 48 hours. I transferred them into solo cups and put them in my 4x4 tent under a 1000W MH dimmed to %50. I had them under a clone dome that was covered with paper towels so I wouldn't fry them with the light. After a few days under the dome I was flipping my tent to flower so the Munson needed a new home. I put them under a 5' 4 bulb T5 fixture that I had around and made sure they were close to the light. I ended up topping them all after the third node. It's interesting how the different pheno's responded. There are 2 main phenos, a tall one that responds well to all types of training and a shorter NL dominant plant that prefers to grow as an XMAS tree, as you will see in the pics. There is a leafy pheno, and there are 3 extremely symmetrical phenos that I ended up tying down to spread the growth and let the bottoms catch up.

Anyway, here are my pics so far. Will be updating as I go along.

Seeds popped in under 48 hours. 7/7

picture.php

They look identical!

picture.php

kingchango

Munson Grow Update

Munson Grow Update

After they had a tap root I put 'em in soil and under some protection from low humidity and strong lights for a few days until they can take it.

picture.php

Transplant to 1gal plastic containers! Nice white roots! Guess those mycos are doing their job.

picture.php

Under the T-5's for a bit while I flower my SkunkBand V2.

picture.php

kingchango

Munson Grow Update 2

Munson Grow Update 2

Ended up being Males

picture.php

Oh Well, collected some pollen.

picture.php

This pheno responded very well to topping after the third node. Others didn't split nicely, but they have their own positive qualities.

picture.php

This Pheno is a bit leafier.

picture.php

Tied the two top phenos down to try to push four tops up.

picture.php

kingchango

Munson Grow Update 3

Munson Grow Update 3

Shot of the gang with 3 tied down in the back. You can see my ChemFuego Seedlings from Lucky Dog Seed Co. Poppin' up in the middle.

picture.php

Cleaned out some leaves to get some more light to the lower branches.

picture.php

Cleaned out some lower growth, hoping to direct more of that energy to lateral and vertical growth. Just a light trim.

picture.php

UPDATES TO COME!

kingchango

Fem Seeds

Fem Seeds

A good case for buying FEMINISED seeds.

Feminized seeds have their purpose, and if I just want some flower guaranteed, I'll throw some fems in with the run. Not all breeders create feminized seeds, and some real fire can come from this reg gear.

I'm not growing just for bud, I respect the lineage of these strains and don't mind a bit of pollen from a good looking male to use in my future projects. Who doesn't like free seeds?! Love crossing Chem, Headband, and Skunk. Get some great strains with a real oldschool smoke, that will still knock you down!

kingchango

Thanks, I really enjoy shaping the plants. I like to experiment with all kinds of growth manipulation techniques. My end goal is always the same, to maximize flower size.

Latest posts

Latest posts