What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Snipp

Man oh man. My little girl has grown into a big stinky bitch! This plant has stretched pretty good the last week and I hope it’s done. She stinks to high heaven and I can smell her and her neighbor from a ways away. Almost no pistils to speak of, unlike her neighbor you can see a part of in one photo. Can’t wait to start seeing some pistils. Just rained a cloudburst so she might look a bit wet.
I do not think it has yet finished growing and the smell will surely increase a bit more the next weeks😉

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I started three of the limited standard release and unfortunately, they all ended up males…so I will be pollen chucking with them this season.

D664F71A-516C-4FEC-B0C8-1F4CBBEC14DC.jpeg

6BBC32BA-5BA2-4BE3-8046-40F152EF5A02.jpeg

4E2E6A16-23D3-4972-B7FE-1D06251A424C.jpeg

2F38B125-80A5-4B09-95B3-C52EC405801F.jpeg

StickyBandit

How long before these buds are ready?
I read the 9-12 weeks in the OP but these are at 6 weeks and maybe adversity (root rot and poor feeding etc ) pushed them along to mature early when they thought they were going to die :p or maybe because I pollinated a bud on this one with MxPCK?
Good solid genetics! No hermies! I stress them every which way. Light leaks, poor feeding, heat, smoke up a storm in the room, you name it. Nice work Ace :cool: (y)
Currently topping up the DWC with 0-12-11 to EC 1.5, pH 5.7
Bud1.JPG

Bud2.JPG

The buds in the pics above are on the least healthy plant in the middle. That's their offspring from clones on the right which are developing buds of their own already, growing in coco.
The girl on the left will be a few weeks behind by the look of it, just because she is a bit healthier
KA5Hx5.jpg

Last edited:

dillycid

Yea Blondie she does explode! Nice to see an outdoor grower. Is that a 40 gal. fabric? I intended to put mine in one but dug a hole in clay and filled with soil, got her in ground mid April topped at the 6th node. My greenhouse is netted (Budworm issues) and 81/2 feet high and the branches keep touching it. The only thing I can do is tie them down waiting for 1st day flower and I don't know what happens then. Inter-node spacing is 4 to 5 inches.

Attachments

• HPIM3656.JPG
    HPIM3656.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 64
  • HPIM3657.JPG
    HPIM3657.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 65
  • HPIM3658.JPG
    HPIM3658.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 59
  • HPIM3659.JPG
    HPIM3659.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 64

Maple_Flail

Yea Blondie she does explode! Nice to see an outdoor grower. Is that a 40 gal. fabric? I intended to put mine in one but dug a hole in clay and filled with soil, got her in ground mid April topped at the 6th node. My greenhouse is netted (Budworm issues) and 81/2 feet high and the branches keep touching it. The only thing I can do is tie them down waiting for 1st day flower and I don't know what happens then. Inter-node spacing is 4 to 5 inches.

more stretching.......

dillycid

Yea so I guess I have 2 options either top all the branches or try training them to grow horizontal under the top of the net. Any advice anyone?

blondie

That is a seriously tall plant. Mine is only 4+ feet tall and in a 5 gallon fabric bag. I put it out kind of late as I figured it would get tall. I bent mine over early on to promote side branching. It worked well and I never ended up topping.

Maple_Flail

how flexable are the branches? several options.. tied down like fold in three so more horizontal space.

if they are more rigid it will take more training.. but your basically gunna have to dream catcher the plant. pick a direction to start bending either clockwise or counter. pick a tie off point where you want the bend to occur and anchor it to a neighbor stem, rinse and repeat. using much twine you bend til taught, then every day or two pinch and knot to pull towards where you want..

this is about 2-3 weeks work with a plant THAT size. hopefully she will tolerate it during preflower... I'm normally starting this process at week one of veg...

topping at this point will make it much more unmanageable, all the branches the topping will create will want to do that same thing... so by topping you i will get atleast 4x more tops to fight with not long after topping.

KenDugE

I’ve grown with Ace seeds a number of times but the Killer A5 is undoubtedly the fastest growing and most trainable/forgiving so far, so I thought I’d post some pics of her. She’s in a 150g bottomless bag and is currently 8 by 12. Put her in the ground mid April after a March 1st germination.

Attachments

• B7AA5477-F23D-41C5-9DFC-DBEBD7D7A7B2.jpeg
    B7AA5477-F23D-41C5-9DFC-DBEBD7D7A7B2.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 106
  • F9031B17-C544-4356-8986-B0C560171C07.jpeg
    F9031B17-C544-4356-8986-B0C560171C07.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 90
  • CCE43E47-5A27-4939-86EF-00323641A1E1.jpeg
    CCE43E47-5A27-4939-86EF-00323641A1E1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 103
  • F7C6A5EE-8391-42E0-88EB-9C86EFAC5485.jpeg
    F7C6A5EE-8391-42E0-88EB-9C86EFAC5485.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 102
  • 1F885387-C53B-4674-B75A-431354FD504F.jpeg
    1F885387-C53B-4674-B75A-431354FD504F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 103

xet

I’ve grown with Ace seeds a number of times but the Killer A5 is undoubtedly the fastest growing and most trainable/forgiving so far, so I thought I’d post some pics of her. She’s in a 150g bottomless bag and is currently 8 by 12. Put her in the ground mid April after a March 1st germination.
Wow, done in great style too! Excellent!

dillycid

how flexable are the branches? several options.. tied down like fold in three so more horizontal space.

if they are more rigid it will take more training.. but your basically gunna have to dream catcher the plant. pick a direction to start bending either clockwise or counter. pick a tie off point where you want the bend to occur and anchor it to a neighbor stem, rinse and repeat. using much twine you bend til taught, then every day or two pinch and knot to pull towards where you want..

this is about 2-3 weeks work with a plant THAT size. hopefully she will tolerate it during preflower... I'm normally starting this process at week one of veg...

topping at this point will make it much more unmanageable, all the branches the topping will create will want to do that same thing... so by topping you i will get atleast 4x more tops to fight with not long after topping.
Thanks for the advice. I managed to raise my net up to 91/2 ft. Branches are not nearly as flexible as a month ago but your dream catcher makes sense to me.

dillycid

Yes I've been growing Ace genetics for the past 4 years and never had a plant much over 7ft and never caged them. Your KA5H is FANTASTIC! She seems to be a different pheno, shorter inter-node length, then the one I'm growing. Did you top her?

Last edited:

KenDugE

Yes I've been growing Ace genetics for the past 4 years and never had a plant much over 7ft and never caged them. Your KA5H is FANTASTIC! She seems to be a different pheno, shorter inter-node length, then the one I'm growing. Did you top her?
I’m unsure on the pheno but its definitely a classic sativa type. Yes on the topping. I probably took over a hundred through June. Mostly pinching/bending and tying back the branches since. The main stalk is at a 45* angle toward the north east along a south facing wall. She still hasn’t shown any signs of transitioning, so I’m assuming another week or so of vegetation. It’s basically sport at this point to see how large she’ll get.

dillycid

Next time I grow this I will know what to expect! I was totally caught off guard not having the experience with, well KA5H. I love it. No issues with bud worms in your area? Again that is one hell of a nice plant your growing.

Maple_Flail

only 50 days? eh...

I'd say these need another 3 weeks or so maybe just shy of that.. trich coverage doesn't look fully developed.

also when in doubt... loop several places on the plant. if its got your prefer clear:cloudy:amber ratio then it is done for you, however.. I doubt this is the case here.

referencing lemonade's, mrfancyplant's and Snipp's plants over the past couple pages.. their trich coverage is atleast 20-30% more dense and all seem to be in the same 11-13wk time frame with similar looking phenos.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts